Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,111 of 2,508
Hopefully solar will suit your taste, although some of your previous CIEMs do have great bass like roxanne and NT6 pro
True they did but other iems has a lot more.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #1,112 of 2,508
is the solar really that bassy?  from what i gather from people here, it's slightly elevated, not necessarily bass head material.

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #1,113 of 2,508
is the solar really that bassy?  from what i gather from people here, it's slightly elevated, not necessarily bass head material.
Exactly its more neutral but can pound when called for.The Solar is able to do everything.

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #1,114 of 2,508

This type of bass on solar IMO can only happen because of this specific type of sound signature tuning. When you listening to bass, you are not only listening to bass, you are listening to the bass combined with the rest frequency spectrum. So how the mid and treble perform largely affect the bass quantity and quality. The bass just integrated into the V shape presentation so well you get a plenty of punch, detail and air, but no distortion on other part of spectrum, so whether you are a basshead or not, you will love it!

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #1,115 of 2,508
This type of bass on solar IMO can only happen because of this specific type of sound signature tuning. When you listening to bass, you are not only listening to bass, you are listening to the bass combined with the rest frequency spectrum. So how the mid and treble perform largely affect the bass quantity and quality. The bass just integrated into the V shape presentation so well you get a plenty of punch, detail and air, but no distortion on other part of spectrum, so whether you are a basshead or not, you will love it!
Perfectly said.

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #1,116 of 2,508

Hi Tupac, I have long read your posts on CIEMs.

Is the Solar to you, very balanced? I love the tuning of the JH13 FP, where not one spectrum is more prominent than the other. If the Solar is something like that I'm nearly sold.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #1,117 of 2,508

I wouldn't say it's bassy at all (I have the universal, so the CIEM may have more thump). As mentioned elsewhere, there's a nice balance across the spectrum, which makes it a great-sounding IEM, but I wouldn't characterise it as a bass head's IEM, no.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #1,118 of 2,508

Hi Tupac, I have long read your posts on CIEMs.

Is the Solar to you, very balanced? I love the tuning of the JH13 FP, where not one spectrum is more prominent than the other. If the Solar is something like that I'm nearly sold.

Yes, solar is very balanced IMO, just like JH13 FP. JH13 FP to my ears is a little bit mid forward but still within the range of balanced, solar is slightly lower treble forward with more bass presence, again very balanced. 

If you imaging shifting 8-10k Hz peak in H8P to a slightly lower energy at 6-8k Hz, you will get a what a solar will sound like. 
It's very hard to describe the subtle difference, I would say H8P sound more hifi, analytical, warmer, while solar sounds clearer and thinner without losing the hifi character. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #1,119 of 2,508
  Yes, solar is very balanced IMO, just like JH13 FP. JH13 FP to my ears is a little bit mid forward but still within the range of balanced, solar is slightly lower treble forward with more bass presence, again very balanced. 

If you imaging shifting 8-10k Hz peak in H8P to a slightly lower energy at 6-8k Hz, you will get a what a solar will sound like. 
It's very hard to describe the subtle difference, I would say H8P sound more hifi, analytical, warmer, while solar sounds clearer and thinner without losing the hifi character. 

Somewhat get it. The H8P has the airiness and details in spades, and is one of my favorites.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #1,120 of 2,508

I got chills, man....

Well said. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #1,122 of 2,508
just out of curiosity, has anyone heard both the NT6-Pro and the Solar?  i did a lot of reading about both the NT6 and the -Pro version a while back, and if memory serves, the signature of the -Pro should be similar to the Solar.

on another note, i'm really surprised at how many people are jumping onto the Solar train.  I can't wait for the reviews that'll inevitable come.

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #1,123 of 2,508

I'm really glad you're enjoying it buddy. I don't want to sell myself (or others) short, but I can't claim to have the experience that guys like you and Soundblast75 have so I think that really says something about its qualities.

-edit-
Of course this includes people like Mimouille and many others that just have, or are about to receive their Solar!

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #1,124 of 2,508
  I'm really glad you're enjoying it buddy. I don't want to sell myself (or others) short, but I can't claim to have the experience that guys like you and Soundblast75 have so I think it that really says something about its qualities.

I am discovering it bit by bit, and I can see how differently the Solar and Zeus are voiced. I am quite tired these days so I don't trust my hearing too much, but the difference is strong. The Solar is faster, more spacious and airy, the Zeus is denser in the mids with more resolution, and might have better placement, not sure yet. Will compare side by side and confirm, but this is exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back