Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 11, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #1,157 of 2,508
  Rhapsodio Solar Universal Review: V-shape King

What an excellent Solar review @tupac0306 very detailled sound descriptions with also some nice pictures added!

I just have to put some focus on the mids again as I didn't experience the mids as ''laid back in contrast to bass and treble'' so far myself. Maybe I just hear things differently and unfortunately I don't have the (#1 in FFAB) SE5 to compare it to. Because I always thought the mids were totally there, delivering a full and rich sound, I never considered the Solar to be a V shaped iem before. But maybe I was wrong all the time, as I sold my V6 Stage (which had a V shaped signature imo) because it reminded me often on the Solars signature (Solar simply doing everything better).
So, I might have to reconsider that mids part again myself
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the great read!
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #1,158 of 2,508
Dec 11, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #1,159 of 2,508
Thank you guys for the support. :wink: Solar is indeed worth the investment. 

@tupac0306 Nice review my friend. 

How about Solar and SE5 Ult treble tone comparison? I see that Solar is on brighter side, but you know, SE5 has a very nice treble timbre. 

SE5 has natural, easy, smooth type of treble tone as you already know.

Solar's treble tone is more direct, shimmer and more focused type. More h8p type, but not that articulated. 

How do you like Apollo against SE5? :wink:

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #1,160 of 2,508

What an excellent Solar review @tupac0306 very detailled sound descriptions with also some nice pictures added!

I just have to put some focus on the mids again as I didn't experience the mids as ''laid back in contrast to bass and treble'' so far myself. Maybe I just hear things differently and unfortunately I don't have the (#1 in FFAB) SE5 to compare it to. Because I always thought the mids were totally there, delivering a full and rich sound, I never considered the Solar to be a V shaped iem before. But maybe I was wrong all the time, as I sold my V6 Stage (which had a V shaped signature imo) because it reminded me often on the Solars signature (Solar simply doing everything better).
So, I might have to reconsider that mids part again myself
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the great read!
beerchug.gif

Thank you buddy~

Yeah,  the experience on mid could be subjective, depending on perspectives. And to be honest, mid is probably the most difficult frequency region to judge correctly. If we are only talking about vocals here, some can mistaken it with upper bass (body of the chest sound of vocal), which solar does well, some can mistaken it with lower treble (how clear and forward the vocals are), which solar does well too. And the mid is in between providing mainly the fullness and density of vocals (with some portions of body and forwardness), that's where the solar is lacking for me in comparison to other mid-forward CIEMs.

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #1,162 of 2,508
  I just lost my UM mentor, this solar might be my next ciem.
Nice review guys.

Sorry for your loss
redface.gif

The UM Mentor (from what I've read) also should be a very nice iem.
Can't inform you on the differences though, as I've never heard it myself...

Tough decision to make I guess...
th

But of course we would be happy to welcome you in the Solar club
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #1,163 of 2,508
  SE5 has natural, easy, smooth type of treble tone as you already know.

Solar's treble tone is more direct, shimmer and more focused type. More h8p type, but not that articulated. 

How do you like Apollo against SE5? :wink:

I see mate. How about its speed vs H8P? 

Well, I let Apollo burn for a while. I haven't done an A/B comparison yet; but SE5 seems to be more resolved and transparent, while Apollo seems to use larger area to locate instruments. I need some time to make a direct comparison. 

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #1,164 of 2,508

I see mate. How about its speed vs H8P? 

Well, I let Apollo burn for a while. I haven't done an A/B comparison yet; but SE5 seems to be more resolved and transparent, while Apollo seems to use larger area to locate instruments. I need some time to make a direct comparison. 

I found H8P have similar speed as SE5, make a tad faster. solar is slightly faster than both h8p and SE5.

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #1,165 of 2,508
If I just may add and build on what Tupac is saying, and of course correct me if I am wrong buddy; the Solar might have thinner mids and a more V-shaped signature but this is in comparison to an iem as the 5-way.

The Solar is not thin in the absolute sense of the word; I have had my fair share of thin iems and that is on a completely different level. If I compare it to Zeus, of course Zeus' mids are more full and dense, but it does not have the clarity and sparkle of the Solar.

I think Tupac explained this very well in his review but I think it still might be causing a bit of confusion.

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #1,166 of 2,508
  I found H8P have similar speed as SE5, make a tad faster. solar is slightly faster than both h8p and SE5.

I see mate. But in my opinion, there is much difference between H8P and SE5 in terms of speed, SE5 is faster and more resolved. 
redface.gif

Anyway, nice to see that Solar has faster one than H8P. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back