Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #271 of 722
Quote:

If the 5.0 sounds anything like the 8A then it is a significant departure from the 1Plus2s sound and in that may be to your liking. I'm not so sure about the RBD+ and how much it differs from the original models. But the original one was most definitely more bass oriented and in that more on the fun side I'd say while the revised 1Plus2 is more neutral sounding IMO.

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm... maybe a very different sig would be a nice alternative paired with the 1Plus2s. Sometimes a different sound can be refreshing. For some reason- I can't explain why- I am ever so slightly leaning towards the 5.0s. Yet something is holding me back...

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #272 of 722
Quote:

If the 5.0 sounds anything like the 8A then it is a significant departure from the 1Plus2s sound and in that may be to your liking. I'm not so sure about the RBD+ and how much it differs from the original models. But the original one was most definitely more bass oriented and in that more on the fun side I'd say while the revised 1Plus2 is more neutral sounding IMO.

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm... maybe a very different sig would be a nice alternative paired with the 1Plus2s. Sometimes a different sound can be refreshing. For some reason- I can't explain why- I am ever so slightly leaning towards the 5.0s. Yet something is holding me back...

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #274 of 722
Quote:
RDB+v1 and 1+2v1 had a special quality to the bass, where it went extremely deep and had fast and ample impact, is that still the case for RDB+v2? (think floor standing speakers or a sub)

I am a little bit of a bass head myself. But jsut going off the impressions of others, It seems with the RDB+ & 1plus, with a revision each loses its base quantity. At least when comparing the v1s to the v2s.
IMO, though the v2s of both IEMs would have better base quality/.detail, I'm not sure if the lessened quantity (whether to make them more neautral) is exactly a good thing.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #275 of 722
Quote:
RDB+v1 and 1+2v1 had a special quality to the bass, where it went extremely deep and had fast and ample impact, is that still the case for RDB+v2? (think floor standing speakers or a sub)

I can't speak for the RDB+v1 but the RDB+v2 has less immediate bass impact than the 1+2v(whatever but definitely not 1). The reason why I say "immediate" is 'cos for some tracks I feel that when it calls for bass, it's actually there (and therefore definitely capable) but it's not always forward.

I still feel the RDB+v2 has a somewhat more "accurate" presentation...almost nothing is over emphasised (possibly the trebles maybe a little but nothing intolerable). I'm "dying" to test the RDB+v1 and am very tempted to just ask Charles if I could buy one instead of waiting for the tour.

Edit: I just ordered Chris_himself's OCC pure silver and silver/gold for the RDB+.

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #276 of 722
The low end on RDB+ V1 to me is certainly a touch forward, usually never to far away in a track, but I can't personally say it's really really bassy, certainly leans towards fun from neutral. If a track calls like EDM or Techno it pops straight out and comes to the party getting your head bopping, though it's also well behaved unless required. With the Rocco BA it usually just pleasantly hangs around the bottom of the stage playing each note accurately letting mids shine through.. It can be a touch loose at times when things get going and loses some direction on fast tracks.

When I say lose direction though, we're talking about some of the best quality bass I have heard, so I am being rather picky to fault it, it's just I have heard tighter, faster low ends before though not of this quality and texture.

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #278 of 722
@~ svyr: There's a PM for you that needs your attention please.

Cheers!
done. sorry

>but I can't personally say it's really really bassy, certainly leans towards fun from neutral.

more or less. I'd say a nice fun/full sound with not too forward mids, but anyway. (RDB+v1)

>I can't speak for the RDB+v1 but the RDB+v2 has less immediate bass impact than the 1+2v(whatever but definitely not 1). The reason why I say "immediate" is 'cos for some tracks I feel that when it calls for bass, it's actually there (and therefore definitely capable) but it's not always forward.

thanks. hmmm. food for thought. wonder if v2 would be more similar to merlin type bass or nice CI ba type bass.

>I'm "dying" to test the RDB+v1 and am very tempted to just ask Charles if I could buy one instead of waiting for the tour.

:D and you could. shoot him an email. To be honest I'm not sure whether the v1 tour will be resumed pending a new unit. I know there's a v2 tour.

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #280 of 722
Quote:
which one would be less bassy?

Sorry, which ones are you asking for a comparison? If it's the 1Plus2 & RDB+ v2, the 1Plus2 is more bassy.

Anyway, today I spent quite a bit of time at the shop doing comparisons again. As above, it's the Tralucent 1Plus2 (gold/silver cable), Rhapsodio RDB+ v2, Final Audio Design FI-DC1602SC-G (PianoForte X-G). Firstly, I'd just like to rule out the FAD PianoForte X-G. It's simply just not me and personally I can't see myself paying Y200,000 (USD$2153) for it. It's too mid-centric for my tastes and I don't hear soundstage nor imaging either. I've tried the FAD twice now and don't think I'd ever give it a shot again.

This leads to the Tralucent 1Plus2 sliver/gold compared to the RDB+ v2. The two are quite different signatures 'cos I feel at times it's like comparing the Signature DJs to the Signature Pros (where one is more the expansive U-shape-ish kind of sound, whilst the other is more intimate with great vocals). The 1Plus2 is still king of soundstage here whilst the RDB+ v2 is more intimate. The 1Plus2 has a fun deep punching bass whereas the RDB+ v2 is less so. However the RDB+ v2 does seem to have bass when it's called for; it's just not immediately apparent. The 1Plus2 has it's sparkly highs (and for some reason this model in e-earphone doesn't seem to have the brightness I had with mine despite silver/gold cables on both!?!?), and again teh RDB+ v2 is toned down yet again.

Overall, I'll continue to maintain what I mentioned about the RDB+ v2. I still term it as an "accurate" IEM. I'll write a more formal proper impressions on it later with pix, etc. Meanwhile, the 1Plus2 is truly a love/hate relationship. Even though I've let mine go, (forgetting about the price) there is still something that keeps drawing me back to it and it's truly a love/hate relationship with it. This has left me inkling to listen to the RDB+ v1 more so now as past reviews of it (not to mention pix) it sounds closer to the 1Plus2 than the RDB+ v2.

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #282 of 722
Best tips I've found yet for RDB+ V1.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replacement-Gel-Tips-For-Earbuds-3-Pairs-Small-Medium-Large-2-x-Sets-/230944554077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35c55e3c5d&_uhb=1

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #283 of 722
Rhapsodio are now selling Shozy amps and i am posting because this is a thing of sheer beauty!

You also get that Cardas interconnect bundled with it! I think it is such an elegant amp and if the colour looks anything like it does in the pictures in real life, wow we will be in for a treat. You might not agree but hey. This also has over 100 hours battery life!

Specs:

Dimensions (L * W * H): 93mm * 58mm * 13mm

Power supply: built-in 4.2V 1500mAh lithium battery

Adapter headphone impedance :8-300 Ohms

Frequency range: 10HZ-100KHZ

Signal-to-noise ratio: 105dB

Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.0045%

Intermodulation Distortion: <0.0065%

Output power: L gain 67mW; H gain 75mW (32 Ohms)

L gain 9 mW; H gain 10mW (300 Ohms)

Battery life: 100 hours

Charging time: about 5 hours

External power supply: 5V DC

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #284 of 722
Some new pictures I found on Rhapsodios facebook page for RDB V1.

RDB 2v1 Grey with Black Carbon fibre face plate.

RDB 2v1 Smoke with Silver Carbon fibre face plate.

RDB 2v1 Orange brown with Black Carbon fibre face plate.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #285 of 722
hmmm, very curious, it looks like the nozzle shape/length and the basic have been changed. (for me probably a good thing)

edit: you missed one:

heh, looks like a large body, short nozzle design from this angle :| do-not-like

hmm that looks a bit strange, and possibly different to

(the second one looks to have BAs in the nozzle). probably the camera angles playing a trick on me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back