Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #258 of 722
Quote:
mini meet when we get the v2 demo
biggrin.gif
?

Come over to Perth March 21st -> Apr 8th :p. I'm sure to call a head-fi whilst there for sure :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577374/perth-western-australia-interest-for-a-2012-meet/150#post_9207603

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #259 of 722
Quote:

Come over to Perth March 21st -> Apr 8th :p. I'm sure to call a head-fi whilst there for sure :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577374/perth-western-australia-interest-for-a-2012-meet/150#post_9207603

You are from Perth?!

See my sig :p (but that was sometime ago)

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #262 of 722
Quote:
PM-ing now :D!!

Replied! I'll be in Perth around the same time as you, but would probably be difficult to meet up though!

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #263 of 722
Go Sydney!

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #264 of 722
Quote:
Okay guys, I'm new to Head-fi, & would like some advice from you better tuned professionals.
I've been reading and following up on many threads of several high-end IEMs, to aid my decision on a purchase.

Basically I have an ultimatum: Either the new Heir 5.0 which is tuned to be reminiscent of the 8.As, but the Mids/Highs being slightly not as refined and smooth,
or the RDB+ v2 ???

In your opinion (or estimated conclusion), which would have the more prominent Low-end, in terms of Base quantity and quality;
and which would have better clarity & detail in the Mid-frequencies and also in the treble (I don't like the highs too aggressive or forward)?
I know that this may be a difficult question to answer for both IEMs are very new & there's no reviews yet, but would greatly appreciate anyone's conjecture.

Thank you in advance :)

Note that I have recently purchased the 1plus2s (pre-ordered) and am looking for a Back-up IEM (tho sound signature doesn't have to be similar to the Tralucents).

I am also intending to put dollars on a Chris_himself cable to enhance my Back-up IEM of a budget bracket of 400-600 US (the ear set not the cable).

(FYI, the only decent 2 IEMs I've ever owned are Miles Davis Trumpet {very clear} & IE8 {very heavy & bassy}. I thought one lacked the other and that the 5.0s would be the best of both worlds :) Then I looked into the RDBs being like the old 1plus2s, fun with excellent dynamic base, the +v2 having even more control & improvement on the highs. So I was like 8.A-like universal VS old 1Plus2?  Damn!, a brother maaaddd stuck!!!)

If the 5.0 sounds anything like the 8A then it is a significant departure from the 1Plus2s sound and in that may be to your liking. I'm not so sure about the RBD+ and how much it differs from the original models. But the original one was most definitely more bass oriented and in that more on the fun side I'd say while the revised 1Plus2 is more neutral sounding IMO.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #265 of 722
Quote:

If the 5.0 sounds anything like the 8A then it is a significant departure from the 1Plus2s sound and in that may be to your liking. I'm not so sure about the RBD+ and how much it differs from the original models. But the original one was most definitely more bass oriented and in that more on the fun side I'd say while the revised 1Plus2 is more neutral sounding IMO.

No idea bout the Heirs.

The new RDB+ v2 is to me more neutral than the 1Plus2. The mids of the v2 is more forward whilst it's not immediately as bassy as the 1Plus2 based on memory (I've returned my 1Plus2 2 weeks ago). But between the two, I'd actually feel the v2 is more neutral compared to the 1Plus2 which I'd term as the fun IEM.

Edit: one thing funny about the v2 and it's bass is that whilst it's less than the 1Plus2, I find that it does make an appearance when it's needed. So it's definitely not that it's not capable of hitting the lows.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #266 of 722
No idea bout the Heirs.

The new RDB+ v2 is to me more neutral than the 1Plus2. The mids of the v2 is more forward whilst it's not immediately as bassy as the 1Plus2 based on memory (I've returned my 1Plus2 2 weeks ago). But between the two, I'd actually feel the v2 is more neutral compared to the 1Plus2 which I'd term as the fun IEM.

Edit: one thing funny about the v2 and it's bass is that whilst it's less than the 1Plus2, I find that it does make an appearance when it's needed. So it's definitely not that it's not capable of hitting the lows.
RDB+v1 and 1+2v1 had a special quality to the bass, where it went extremely deep and had fast and ample impact, is that still the case for RDB+v2? (think floor standing speakers or a sub)

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #267 of 722
The new amp Rhapsodio is distributing is made by someone in China, and has received widely positive reviews on erji.net for being a very flat and good quality amplifier for iems for the price. 

Also, at H20's cable: Although I use the cables from the same manufacturer (a 20AWG OCC cable) for my UERM, I cannot be sure that the manufacturer produces actual OCC cables. But they do sound very good! (And the eBay seller is selling it a such a massive premium compared to the price I got when I contacted the cable manufacturer directly)

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #268 of 722
The new amp Rhapsodio is distributing is made by someone in China, and has received widely positive reviews on erji.net for being a very flat and good quality amplifier for iems for the price. 

Also, at H20's cable: Although I use the cables from the same manufacturer (a 20AWG OCC cable) for my UERM, I cannot be sure that the manufacturer produces actual OCC cables. But they do sound very good! (And the eBay seller is selling it a such a massive premium compared to the price I got when I contacted the cable manufacturer directly)

Interesting thanks,

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #269 of 722
Quote:
We should hopefully know more in mid March once RDB+ V2 arrives for tour, then you will have more impressions along with anything AnakChan can provide for the time being. This would also allow enough time for Heir 5.0 to surface and opinions form. I think it would be wise to wait a few weeks on such a purchase, unless temptation gets the better of you DarkchilD. The possibility of someone having both IEM's soon I think is slim.

Yeah, it makes so much more sense to wait.... or I could buy 1 on a whim...? Can't go wrong with either right?
Actually thinking back I have bought many things impulsively only to realize I could have made a better decision if I'd just waited a tiny bit longer. i think I will do just that- Thanks for the logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back