Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #241 of 722
Thx for brining the thread back on topic H2O.

Quote:
I hope you are right H20 for everyone's sake.

Lee730, out of curiosity, why the skepticism? Did you experience something with Rhapsodio's support that has lead you otherwise? So far I've had very good support from Rhapsodio.

Meanwhile, the RDB+ v2 is continuing to perform. I have to say that I find it extremely good value for money. Coming from the Tralucent 1Plus2 to the RDB+ v2, all I can say is that naturally they do sound different due to the 8mm driver in the v2 but it's delivering extremely good value for money. I'd personally term the RDB+ v2 to be more accurate whilst the 1Plus2 a fun IEM.

I'm seeking better cables to further enhance the RDB+ v2 at the moment and looking at Chris_himself and Toxic Cables.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #242 of 722
My older pair continued changing for a long time.... Well past 300 hours the bass..... Just seemed to get more controlled/focused with usage. When I think of that IEM I think of Authority....

The low end is nice and can be powerful when called upon however, I am interested in the revised model low end being a tad tighter, this shows when put next to another hybrid like H-100. Personally I feel H-100 low end is a touch more controlled. As I've said in my review ,when you break everything down into specific area's I have heard other IEM do certain tasks better, But where it counts is how the IEM works overall as a whole. They're very versatile making them hard to fault as a complete package.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #243 of 722
Quote:
Thx for brining the thread back on topic H2O.

Lee730, out of curiosity, why the skepticism? Did you experience something with Rhapsodio's support that has lead you otherwise? So far I've had very good support from Rhapsodio.

Meanwhile, the RDB+ v2 is continuing to perform. I have to say that I find it extremely good value for money. Coming from the Tralucent 1Plus2 to the RDB+ v2, all I can say is that naturally they do sound different due to the 8mm driver in the v2 but it's delivering extremely good value for money. I'd personally term the RDB+ v2 to be more accurate whilst the 1Plus2 a fun IEM.

I'm seeking better cables to further enhance the RDB+ v2 at the moment and looking at Chris_himself and Toxic Cables.

You got PM.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #244 of 722
Quote:
The low end is nice and can be powerful when called upon however, I am interested in the revised model low end being a tad tighter, this shows when put next to another hybrid like H-100. Personally I feel H-100 low end is a touch more controlled. As I've said in my review ,when you break everything down into specific area's I have heard other IEM do certain tasks better, But where it counts is how the IEM works overall as a whole. They're very versatile making them hard to fault as a complete package.

Yep that is the biggest trait I also look for in an IEM. Versatility. I've never been much for boutique IEMs that cater to specific genres and absolutely fail at others....

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #245 of 722
Yep that is the biggest trait I also look for in an IEM. Versatility. I've never been much for boutique IEMs that cater to specific genres and absolutely fail at others....

Well, my silver plated cable arrived today, this has really IMO taken my RDB+ up a notch, I'm fairly happy with the outcome. It's very stiff though from being curled up for so long in a lock bag, so I'm stretching it out on my bed, hoping it relaxes. :p Sound wise, I'm really enjoying the change over pure copper. I would get some pics but my camera is flat.

Basically, looks like this.

'

Happy days!

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #246 of 722
Quote:
Well, my silver plated cable arrived today, this has really IMO taken my RDB+ up a notch, I'm fairly happy with the outcome. It's very stiff though from being curled up for so long in a lock bag, so I'm stretching it out on my bed, hoping it relaxes.
tongue.gif
Sound wise, I'm really enjoying the change over pure copper. I would get some pics but my camera is flat.

Basically, looks like this.

'

Happy days!

Sorry if i missed your post. Who's the maker?

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #248 of 722
Quote:
tyaudio on eBay. 6N OFHC Silver Plated, it's rather stiff though, microphonics might cause problems for some people. I really like the jack, very cool.

Nice find. Cheers!

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #249 of 722
Okay guys, I'm new to Head-fi, & would like some advice from you better tuned professionals.
I've been reading and following up on many threads of several high-end IEMs, to aid my decision on a purchase.

Basically I have an ultimatum: Either the new Heir 5.0 which is tuned to be reminiscent of the 8.As, but the Mids/Highs being slightly not as refined and smooth,
or the RDB+ v2 ???

In your opinion (or estimated conclusion), which would have the more prominent Low-end, in terms of Base quantity and quality;
and which would have better clarity & detail in the Mid-frequencies and also in the treble (I don't like the highs too aggressive or forward)?
I know that this may be a difficult question to answer for both IEMs are very new & there's no reviews yet, but would greatly appreciate anyone's conjecture.

Thank you in advance :)

Note that I have recently purchased the 1plus2s (pre-ordered) and am looking for a Back-up IEM (tho sound signature doesn't have to be similar to the Tralucents).

AnakChan:

I am also intending to put dollars on a Chris_himself cable to enhance my Back-up IEM of a budget bracket of 400-600 US (the ear set not the cable).

(FYI, the only decent 2 IEMs I've ever owned are Miles Davis Trumpet {very clear} & IE8 {very heavy & bassy}. I thought one lacked the other and that the 5.0s would be the best of both worlds :) Then I looked into the RDBs being like the old 1plus2s, fun with excellent dynamic base, the +v2 having even more control & improvement on the highs. So I was like 8.A-like universal VS old 1Plus2?  Damn!, a brother maaaddd stuck!!!)

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #250 of 722
this is going to be hard for anyone to answer and i think your going to have to make your own decision. I am sure both the RDB and 5.0 are great IEMs but no one has both at the moment so any ones answer will be guess work. Good luck on your decision and if you do go the RDB route keep us posted on this thread!

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #251 of 722
I think there are very very few RDB owners here! H2O has the v1 that was on tour & I don't know if there's anyone else who has the v2 aside from me. At least the v1 went on tour but the v2 will be highly subjective with only my thoughts.

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #252 of 722
We should hopefully know more in mid March once RDB+ V2 arrives for tour, then you will have more impressions along with anything AnakChan can provide for the time being. This would also allow enough time for Heir 5.0 to surface and opinions form. I think it would be wise to wait a few weeks on such a purchase, unless temptation gets the better of you DarkchilD. The possibility of someone having both IEM's soon I think is slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back