No problem. Best of luck with it
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #5,627 of 9,388
AP who left the front gate open again...the troll is back
biggrin.gif
I swear I locked it when I last came in
smily_headphones1.gif

dario check page 580. I'm running 3 HDAMS right now with the Zero. Too early to say with the SUN modules what they sound like specifically.. but it is an improvement over the LT1364's that were in the H/Amp previously IMO, much like the improvements discovered when swapping out the dac opamp for an HDAM module.

Peete.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #5,628 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The return of Andrea, eh?

For the life of me, I cannot plug in the optical cable from the Zero to my laptop. To my understanding, to be properly connected, you need to hear a click for the Toslink cable to function properly? I've been trying to force in the cable to no avail.

Do you have another cable to try out ?

Peete.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #5,629 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

You know, I really don't mind Andrea. Can't speak about what happened before my time here, but he seems to speak about what he believes, which can be a welcome break from folk on certain websites who just repeat what the current favourite sayings are.
smily_headphones1.gif

Andrea - do you have boobs? I keep wondering if you're male of female, but never get a chance to see the answer...
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #5,631 of 9,388
Quote:

biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

dario check page 580. I'm running 3 HDAMS right now with the Zero. Too early to say with the SUN modules what they sound like specifically.. but it is an improvement over the LT1364's that were in the H/Amp previously IMO, much like the improvements discovered when swapping out the dac opamp for an HDAM module.

Peete.

I mean about sound, what is the real difference between the two (not simple datasheet), what change in sound?
smile.gif

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #5,632 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by exe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted thanks again -- it worked! Not I can enjoy my Zero for real.
L3000.gif

Glad you sorted it.
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #5,633 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by dario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean about sound, what is the real difference between the two (not simple datasheet), what change in sound?
smile.gif

I can't say as of yet...they are not burned in . They have only been in the amp for less than 10 hours of running time.....I've said this a number of times already...

Be patient, maybe someone else can help today or tomorrow with that but it'll be at least a week before I can truthfully give an honest description of what you ask for...

Peete.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #5,634 of 9,388
How the hell did this thread get to be 582 pages long??!!
Can someone who has been paying attention the whole time please summarize for me?

Is this the longest thread ever on head-fi?

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #5,637 of 9,388
^ You need to have two of the same opamps in the headphone section. I don't know what happens if you don't but at the very least you'll have different sound in your left and right channels, and at the worst I suppose some damage could occur. Either way, there's no point in doing it.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #5,638 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I really don't mind Andrea. Can't speak about what happened before my time here, but he seems to speak about what he believes, which can be a welcome break from folk on certain websites who just repeat what the current favourite sayings are.
smily_headphones1.gif

Andrea - do you have boobs? I keep wondering if you're male of female, but never get a chance to see the answer...
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

This is a question that seems obvious to me but has gone unasked as of yet....but here goes anyway....what relevance does his data serve if the DAC he's using isn't a Zero in the Zero thread ? He's never had a working Zero to base the comparison with.....all he knows ( and I doubt that's truthful either) apparently, is how to walk the walk and talk the talk...to remain convincing enough to seem credible. A skillfully set trap can be laid by a moron with little training......

I'm not defending the Zero...it can stand on it's own merits quite happily without my help. I just don't like BS artists is all.

Sorry to burst the bubble, there are two lumps and a nut riddled log in Andreas trousers (Teets are optional)....
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #5,639 of 9,388
Quote:

This is a question that seems obvious to me but has gone unasked as of yet....but here goes anyway....what relevance does his data serve if the DAC he's using isn't a Zero in the Zero thread ? He's never had a working Zero to base the comparison with.....all he knows ( and I doubt that's truthful either) apparently, is how to walk the walk and talk the talk...to remain convincing enough to seem credible. A skillfully set trap can be laid by a moron with little training......

I'm not defending the Zero...it can stand on it's own merits quite happily without my help. I just don't like BS artists is all.

Sorry to burst the bubble, there are two lumps and log in Andreas trousers (Teets are optional)....
biggrin.gif

Peete.

More like two small marbles and a pencil eraser!
icon10.gif

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #5,640 of 9,388
LOL..come on now, that's low (joking)
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Peete.

PS I've revised the last statement to "a nut riddled log"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back