REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Dec 1, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #61 of 2,117
Good night!! Someone was busy writing a review while they were supposed to be eating turkey and watching football over the weekend. :wink:

Thanks for the in-depth review HA. Appreciate the history of your listening experience as well!

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #62 of 2,117
Where's the 'L' and 'R' on these?? I've looked and looked for AGES and can't see anything anywhere. Is it a secret?? Let me in pleeeeeaaaaaaassse!

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #63 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's the 'L' and 'R' on these?? I've looked and looked for AGES and can't see anything anywhere. Is it a secret?? Let me in pleeeeeaaaaaaassse!

Uhhh... look on the "back side". They are not colored, but imprinted. :wink:

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #66 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhhh... look on the "back side".
They are not colored, but imprinted. :wink:

Oh yes, thank you. I wondered what those indented blobs were
biggrin.gif

This is so exciting! I'm about to put them in right now for the FIRST TIME. I've been listening repeatedly to the same 8-track playlist with my TF10 for the past few days and I know them really really well. So here's hoping I can hear the same improvements over the TF10 as HA and Vorlon1 have.

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #67 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is so exciting! I'm about to put them in right now for the FIRST TIME.

I'm excited that you're excited!

popcorn.gif
I bet you don't get through 2 songs before you post more OMG!OMG!

icon10.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #68 of 2,117
I posted this over at the expected release date thread too... but here:

Mine are in my ears now! ....and I'm going to do some extended listening today whilst I work.

Opinions to come soon...........

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #69 of 2,117
I'm still in awe that the indomitable LiveWires have been dethroned. Someone tell me this is a dream
biggrin.gif

I don't have any interest in buying the W3 though. It's great that it's a universal IEM, so I could try it someday. I wonder if there are any retailers out there that has a demo. I can bring my own tips heh.

I also wonder if the custom W3 would be even better.

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #70 of 2,117
Great review!!

I will most likely be getting these eventually. I really like the E500s, but they just don't give the highs necessary for classical music. The W3s seem to be the better all around IEM.

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #71 of 2,117
Nice to see there's no real disagreements between what Voltron and I posted over the weekend, and what Larry posted this morning
smily_headphones1.gif

Especially the bits about a very coherent freq graph and the decay.. oh boy.. the decay.. Either we're all deaf, or they really are GREAT IEMs
wink.gif

Larry, how do yours sound on a tube amp? I'm getting a lot of background tube noise on mine, and I get none at all on ALL my other headphones or IEMS. These 3's seem a little sensitive with my DV amp.. I'm sure you know the one
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #73 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sennmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question to those who already possess the W3. What happens when you adjust the Bass with EQ of your MP3player abit? is it still nice defined and deep. Sometimes i like my bass as a clear good and hard punch, can i get this with the W3?

Depending on the song, the sound will distort with the BASS EQ on. We strongly recommend EQ set to OFF.

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #74 of 2,117
It's quite evil to proclaim these as you do!
Im just sitting here waiting for the Triple.fi's I ordered too arrive, well.. they haven't been shipped yet, so I can cancel order yet..
Aswell as a pair of sennheiser ie 8 on the way, wich I have a refund option on..

As I haven't heard any of the high-end iems my nuts are busting here.. What to do! Evil people, I'm sure of it.
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #75 of 2,117
Larry,

You have done a masterful job setting the stage for this long awaited product.

Not only did you set the stage, you treated us to several performances of the long awaited and highly anticipated W 3 in front of a live audience. We were able to better understand the depth and scope of this NEW sound. Do we dare say that this will be the product by which all others are measured? I think so.

As Doug indicated earlier, you have spent some serious time at the keyboard on Sunday and into the early morning hours on Monday. Your passion for the importance of quality music in your life shows. So does your talent for conceptualizing in words the life and breath of this fine instrument. You took 'compare and contrast' to a new level in this review!

I feel like I just read a doctoral thesis by the only true Doctor we are blessed to have in our group. We have been treated to a glorious experience of reading the full and complete Patient Notes of this musical creation, like none other we have ever had on this board.

Although you were late getting to bed again (as usual), I want to thank you for taking us along on this journey. You truly took us to a new level of appreciation - do I say a graduate and doctoral course in Music Appreciation? We can faithfully say that we have experienced this product in micro-detail from your well crafted composition. You left no rocks unturned in order to bring to us the most comprehensive description of this long awaited "ear pleasure".

Thank you very much. I admire your tenacity to stay with the conceptual story of this product. You were not readily letting go, giving up, or becoming separated from this musical instrument until you had completely chronicled every detail.

Then, in response to the summary question at the end of this descriptive form and analysis, I was moved to the point last night of making a home for one of these new creations. I wanted to be part of such a musical experience like none other.

There are some experiences in life you will never forget: The very first time you saw the young girl who would become your wife. Being in the delivery room for the birth of your first child. Where you sat when you heard an orchestra perform in a symphony hall for the very first time in your young, impressionable life. There are not enough words in the English Dictionary to fully describe such life changing events.

I have the feeling this will be one of those experiences after you unwrap and listen to this wonderful creation from Weston, a company whose name is synonymous with world class sound and customer service. You will be able to say, "Today, I heard the very best world-class sound in my life. I truly have heard the BEST!"

Larry, thank you for taking us there and helping us to yearn for such a fine product to be part of our lives. You done good! You rock!

Here in Texas, we'd say, "That Larry, he's good people."

david
dallas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back