REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #31 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense meant.
beerchug.gif

Ahaha what you said originally wasn't even meant for me; I just like being the monkey in the middle.
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #32 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahaha what you said originally wasn't even meant for me; I just like being the monkey in the middle.
wink.gif

I know it was not for you although your the one that responded, yes.

Dec 1, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #33 of 2,117
Wow, that was a long but very good read, HeadphoneAddict.

I especially like that you have found that the W3 will be just as good as the source so that good amps will also shine with them.

Dec 1, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #34 of 2,117
Awesome review. I can't wait to go back to HK and audition the TF10 and UM3 side by side as my next upgrade.

Headphoneaddict, did you ever try custom tips with the TF10? I'm considering getting a pair for my SF5pro because its not too expensive to do so, and was wondering how they would affect the TF10. Whichever one I end up getting, however, I definitely will go for custom tips.

Dec 1, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #36 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want my Westone 3's. NOW.
frown.gif
Stoooopid USPS tracking doesn't tell me where it is after leaving the USA.

Can I ask what you paid for them in Aus dollars?

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #37 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want my Westone 3's. NOW.
frown.gif
Stoooopid USPS tracking doesn't tell me where it is after leaving the USA.

Last time I ordered from ES and chose the free USPS shipping option, it took five screw** weeks until it finally arrived here in Germany.
frown.gif
That's why I went for pricey Fedex this time. I hope you have more luck.

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #38 of 2,117
This is the longest article i had read in probably 2 years. Seriously long and definitely not for faint-hearted or those tl;dr guys.

I even lost track twice while reading it!

Great review HA. Now i need to look for my wallet and do some serious accounting.

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #39 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I ask what you paid for them in Aus dollars?

I had US Dollars in my Paypal which was enough to pay the full USD$400 for it. Lol. I wish Australians had discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last time I ordered from ES and chose the free USPS shipping option, it took five screw** weeks until it finally arrived here in Germany.
frown.gif
That's why I went for pricey Fedex this time. I hope you have more luck.

I paid for USPS Express International for mine via Freq City. $8 upgrade. I see why not. Lol.

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #40 of 2,117
This has to be your best and most "felt" write-up ever, Larry. It was a pleasure to read it.

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #41 of 2,117
You the difference between Westone 3 and Triple.Fi is THAT noticeable?
It's not like something subtle, but a "new league"?

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #42 of 2,117
well thats clinched it; as if I needed convincing
icon10.gif
great review HA looooooooooooonnnnnnngggggg but great. I hate you well my wallet hates you anyway
biggrin.gif
so give me and my USD a couple of weeks and they are mine mine babay mine. perfect treat for my new baby the VCAP. though I dont kjnow if I can get rid of my SE530 i'm loving them at the moment. the soundstage this dock brings is too much for an IEM. cant wait for the W3 synergy.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #44 of 2,117
Thanks for the review HA!

I've had my 3s since Saturday and have been listening non-stop. It's safe to say my Denon C551s will be up for sale very very soon. Will need to write down my thoughts and add to this thread.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #45 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sennmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some guys maybe need a cooldown check the W3 threads on jaben. Most of the people hearing it were not that fascinated. they were more dissapointed and could also write down why

Most of us have read through the jaben thread and we don't really care about their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back