REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection
Aug 29, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #61 of 683
You tried didn't you? hahaha, it's no matter, the b3s should provide you a good defense for a long time.

Your sig makes me laugh, only because I am curious how tenacious you are in regards to purchasing another budget iem that may exist in the future, or a high end iem in a cheap package, which may break your abstinence. 

Man ..you should hear and see him SyedZ2ez4 ....how he gush over CKR9 like its the love of his life ...remind me of the song by Prince " The Most Beautiful Girl In The World"..... He is just so adorable and cute .....as if he survive on air with CKR9 only...

Tbh ....on reflection ...me like CKR9 too ..but way too much for me spending threshold........hahahaaaaa

Tenacious ..me .....Me easy peasy ......me budget whore ...me easy to please and eager to please ...if the price is right ...me do it ...period :cool:

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #62 of 683
My pair has arrived as well, i am waiting for a notification to go pick it up. Can't wait :D !

I'm really anxious to your comparison between the xe800 and gr07.

As I said before, the reviews from Lachlan and the Joker claims that the isolation on the gr07 is average. So that would be a big plus for me.

The other point that interests me is the comfort (specially the capability to sleep with then on).

Well, that's it. Waiting for it!
=D

Aug 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #63 of 683
I'm really anxious to your comparison between the xe800 and gr07.

As I said before, the reviews from Lachlan and the Joker claims that the isolation on the gr07 is average. So that would be a big plus for me.

The other point that interests me is the comfort (specially the capability to sleep with then on).

Well, that's it. Waiting for it!
=D

Isolation issues with the GR07 are exaggerated imo. Yes, the default tips that come with the iem don't seal very well but with a little tip rolling you can get more than average isolation for a vented dynamic iem. The XE800 seems to be double vented so i really don't expect it to be any better in this regard, it might even be worse.

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #66 of 683
@Wokei brother, where did you order your XE800 from?

Me ordered mine from Taobao when the offer was for about 50$ via mistertao ...so all in for 60$ ....but that offer is no longer available ....sorry man .

Now it seems about 100$ and me think Penonaudio will soon selling them for 99$..cheers

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #67 of 683
Me ordered mine from Taobao when the offer was for about 50$ via mistertao ...so all in for 60$ ....but that offer is no longer available ....sorry man .

No no no, please don't be sorry. I am just asking. No plan to buy it. Thanks man. By the way, are you still going to get the Piston from mi.com/my (Tuesday afternoon ?)

Just fyi, my KZ Edse and GR which I ordered from Taobao without using any agent still haven't reached my home yet, but today is only the sixth day. Some sort of countdown numbers on my Taobao account page is showing 4 days and 1 hour.  I am not sure what that is, maybe the ETA. Google Chrome translate is confusing. It translated "my ordered items" as "Buy Baby". Duh... 
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #68 of 683
No no no, please don't be sorry. I am just asking. No plan to buy it. Thanks man. By the way, are you still going to get the Piston from mi.com/my (Tuesday afternoon ?)

Just fyi, my KZ Edse and GR which I ordered from Taobao without using any agent still haven't reached my home yet, but today is only the sixth day. Some sort of countdown numbers on my Taobao account page is showing 4 days and 1 hour.  I am not sure what that is, maybe the ETA. Google Chrome translate is confusing. It translated "my ordered items" as "Buy Baby". Duh... :confused_face_2:

Dude ....just got Havi this week and still using them fot the past 3 days any chance I get ...next week will get me Purple Jet Pack ..T1E ...and by tracking info ...should be getting me Vivo Ex800 second week of next month ..,so might give Piston a miss for the moment ...also me got another " balanced armature + dynamic driver " iem coming ..

Even with Havi ..me am pretty well taken care for quite a long time ...hopefully in coming item will complete the budget whore in me ...lol

FYI ...if ever you want to buy KZ MODEL ...pm me ..me can give you a few shops that me regularly buy without goin thru Taobao ...very solid store with good customer service

Did you any tracking number from the Taoboa store that you bought yr KZ's?

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #69 of 683
@Wokei, Oops...  I didn't notice you have changed your signature that you are now a recovering IEM shopaholic. Sorry man for mentioning Piston. My bad! *wink * wink *

I got curious about XE800 after seeing Hisoundfi's IEM list in his profile whree he ranks GR07BE higher than Altone200 so I spent some time reading about GR07BE which led me to its seemingly better substitute, ie. XE800 and incidentally I found XE800 in your list as well.

Taobao shows a waybill number but I have no clue how to use it to track.

Aug 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #70 of 683
@Wokei
, Oops...  I didn't notice you have changed your signature that you are now a recovering IEM shopaholic. Sorry man for mentioning Piston. My bad! *wink * wink *

I got curious about XE800 after seeing Hisoundfi's IEM list in his profile whree he ranks GR07BE higher than Altone200 so I spent some time reading about GR07BE which led me to its seemingly better substitute, ie. XE800 and incidentally I found XE800 in your list as well.

Taobao shows a waybill number but I have no clue how to use it to track.

Pm me ..maybe me can help ..maybe ...

I did meet up with SyedZ2ez4 this afternoon and tested his Vivo ..and and and its ..............a WINNER ....He just got it yesterday ..so probabbly need a gazillion years for burn in ....but initial impression is WOW ....bass attack is accurate and tight punchy ..bass thump better than B3 ...detail and clarity is par excellence but me think Havi soundstage is way ahead of Vivo ..but these are just initial impression before burn in ...only about 30 minutes only ...so when mine do arrived ...probably will need to put them in the burn pit for gazillion years before proper comparison can be made ...

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #71 of 683
Pm me ..maybe me can help ..maybe ...

I did meet up with @SyedZ2ez4 this afternoon and tested his Vivo ..and and and its ..............a WINNER ....He just got it yesterday ..so probabbly need a gazillion years for burn in ....but initial impression is WOW ....bass attack is accurate and tight punchy ..bass thump better than B3 ...detail and clarity is par excellence but me think Havi soundstage is way ahead of Vivo ..but these are just initial impression before burn in ...only about 30 minutes only ...so when mine do arrived ...probably will need to put them in the burn pit for gazillion years before proper comparison can be made ...

Very limited time listening to my vivos yet have very accurate impressions too, yes i agree with what you said 
wink_face.gif

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #72 of 683
I got my pair. I am pretty sure it sounds exactly like the GR07BE, meaning it's just a GR07 with a midbass bump. It's a pretty good buy for the money i paid but i like the GR07 better :p. Build quality is not as good as the Vsonic series, the cable doesn't seem as durable and the same goes for the plastic shell (it already had a dent when i got it). Isolation is about the same. Appearence wise though there is no contest the Vivo looks so sexy!
I will update with more impressions when i have spent a few more days with it.

Sep 2, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #73 of 683
  I got my pair. I am pretty sure it sounds exactly like the GR07BE, meaning it's just a GR07 with a midbass bump. It's a pretty good buy for the money i paid but i like the GR07 better :p. Build quality is not as good as the Vsonic series, the cable doesn't seem as durable and the same goes for the plastic sell (it already had a mark when i got it). Isolation is about the same.

So it has the GR07BE drivers instead of GR07CE? I will have to agree on build quality though, they arent the best. The cable, strain relievers and 3.5mm plug reminds me of apple earbuds lol you have to be very careful with them when pulling them out of players especially my dx90, as it quite tight. Other than this, they are very comfortable to wear. They just disappear in your ears lol Since these are my first gr07 drivers I have owned, how many hours of burned in do you recommend?

Sep 2, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #74 of 683
The GR07 family (MKI, MKII, BE, and CE) all have the same driver, they're just tuned differently, meaning different venting or other pieces in the housing. The Vivo has the same drive as all of them, but is tuned similarly to the BE, from the sound of it. The cable quality was one of the things I wondered about when I first saw the XE800, but for the $50 dollars a lot of people got them for, and with the same sound as the GR07BE, it's nothing to complain about.

Sep 2, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #75 of 683
  The GR07 family (MKI, MKII, BE, and CE) all have the same driver, they're just tuned differently, meaning different venting or other pieces in the housing. The Vivo has the same drive as all of them, but is tuned similarly to the BE, from the sound of it. The cable quality was one of the things I wondered about when I first saw the XE800, but for the $50 dollars a lot of people got them for, and with the same sound as the GR07BE, it's nothing to complain about.

Yes exactly though, for $50 I feel like I stole them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back