[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2,853 of 3,824
  I received them today, build quality is good, isolation is good... and the most important : sound quality is AWESOME ! 

Thank you very much all ! 

Congrats!!! How about dat cable though???
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #2,854 of 3,824
I just got sony ericsson mh1 and wow, this is it , i really like smooth sound signature,
I ordered three pairs Sony mh1c to, just in case, I have found what I'm looking for.
Thanks for this topic, regards Martin.

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,855 of 3,824
I just got sony ericsson mh1 and wow, this is it , i really like smooth sound signature,
I ordered three pairs Sony mh1c to, just in case, I have found what I'm looking for.
Thanks for this topic, regards Martin.

if you like the mh1 why did you buy three mh1c? ;-P  Return them and get three mh1 :wink:

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #2,859 of 3,824
I've had them for a few months now and they're so good I've bought 2 more pairs. 
These are just very enjoyable and very smooth ... I can have these on all day and is very toe tapping.

I have since sold everything else as nothing else compared to these to my ears .. my shure940, yuinPK3, yuinOK2, M50 all gone. 

Recently I went to hong kong for a month and this is the only place I know where you can sit down and try every headphone, iem and amp you want and take your time doing it. they even have every top of the line iems just hanging there for anyone to try. So I spent hours and hours trying different iems to see if anything is comparable or betters these $15 sonys.

Westones ... so mid centric I really didn't like any of them as you can't hear anything else but I give it to them for amazing smooth vocals and easily the most comfortable. 
Shures ... being a shure fan I really wanted to like them. only one I didn't try and cannot afford anyway was the 846. but even the 530, 535, I felt they're muddy compared to the sonys and no way I would buy them for 30x the price of the sonys.
Phlips ... I really quite liked the S2 iems. very very smooth especially good for female vocals but it just didn't have the clearness of the sonys but still very enjoyable .. I could live with these but they're kind of semi-opened and I think it leaks sound a fair bit which is no good for me.

Then I tried some UE900 mind you these are 25x the price of the sonys .. I think these are the only ones they can better the sonys from the 50 or so iems I tried on. they have a more mid or vocal presence and just extremely clear and crisp with everything very well balanced .. it can still do with a tiny bit more bass like the sonys though. Are these worth 25 times the price of the sonys? probably not ... but they are very good to my ears and in the end after trying so many I just had to get something ... and these were it .. they do sound awesome with a FiioE10 and E9 combo and so does the sonys. 

I do still find the sony just as enjoyable and overall balance and smoothness is amazing .. a tiny bit recessed in the vocals compared to the UEs.. UEs have more fullness overall but not as smooth and lush and have less bass. 

In the end, if you have $15 .. these are amazing. I did this mod on them and takes 1 minute to do and very easy so you don't need the plug.
http://handtokey.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html
if you have $300 .... UE900 are quiet amazing but is certainly not 25x better .. just different. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #2,860 of 3,824
Sony mh1c have more bass and they will work Directly from my sansa clip, Sony Ericsson mh1 can't.

This is true.  MH1c has more varied bass between units and the mh1 is a bit more neutral, if that's your thing.  You can get an adapter for your clip or do some simply modding.  Either way, enjoy!

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #2,862 of 3,824
Jan 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #2,865 of 3,824
  Hi, I have an error with your link but I paid €8 for a pair on Amazon and they were original. :)

Great. I just wonder how to pop them open to get at the solder points ...and if it looks OK to get in at, then this is an amazing deal even with a re-cable.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back