[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2,836 of 3,824
The best way to solder these wires is to get a proper soldering station that allows you to crank up the temp. Then create a super hot solder ball which you slowly run through the enamel coated wire. It burns the wire and coats the wire with solder at the same time. This is the only good way to do this. I also clamp the wire to act as a heat sink to prevent the heat from getting to the drivers.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #2,837 of 3,824
The best way to solder these wires is to get a proper soldering station that allows you to crank up the temp. Then create a super hot solder ball which you slowly run through the enamel coated wire. It burns the wire and coats the wire with solder at the same time. This is the only good way to do this. I also clamp the wire to act as a heat sink to prevent the heat from getting to the drivers.

I have one and did that, but it didn't work well at any temp i tried. Even when i saw the coating melt off with my eyes it didn't want to bond with the solder...

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2,838 of 3,824
Sorry mate, not sure what to tell you.  That's what I did to recable mine.  I was using the cable from an old Monoprice 8320s which also has enamel coated wire.  It wasn't easy, but if I went slow enough it did work for me.  

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2,839 of 3,824
  Sorry mate, not sure what to tell you.  That's what I did to recable mine.  I was using the cable from an old Monoprice 8320s which also has enamel coated wire.  It wasn't easy, but if I went slow enough it did work for me.  

Did either of you desolder the original wires from the driver (I'm seeing a large amount of hot glue on top of these connections) or just clip and pig tail the existing wire? (still debating the worth of even bothering to mod these).

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #2,840 of 3,824

Oh it's definitely doable. I just meant it was hard and a pia. Mine was successful though, so i can't complain. I'm happy as long as they don't fail. :p

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #2,842 of 3,824
  It was more a pigtail.  I didn't want to risk messing up the driver.  I couldn't stand the Y cable, so I made the mod.  

I thought so. Those things are scarily shot together. I am considering using the back end of 750's grafted on to the MH1 and would love to direct solder to the driver but I just cannot see any way to get the hot glue out without destroying the whole assembly.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #2,843 of 3,824
These are quiet cheap (MH1-BL)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1389301011&sr=8-5&keywords=mh1c

Are these any different from the MH1C ?

Can they be fake??

Edit: I just read there aren't any fakes. This is a huge thread, i'm trying to read it, but, which version works for iphone 5 and which works for the galaxy s4? I'd want one of each :) And i as i wrote above, are there Sound differences between the Mh1c and Mh1BL.

Comparison of the normal Mh1 and Mh1c is available on the first page.

Edit 2: Just read the sound differences:

Is there a difference between sony mh1 and mh1c in sound?

Yes, MH1 apparantly has more mids and treble due to the acoustic resistance.

Only two questions left, what is MH1BL and which one works for iphone 5 and which works for the galaxy s4?

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #2,844 of 3,824
Mh1c will work on both the S4 and the iPhone 5 as both of those phones share the same microphone wire standard. No adapter required.

The Mh1 would require an adapter.

The easiest way to tell them apart is the logo on the earpieces. If the headphones have the old green/black round Sony-Ericsson logo it's the Mh1. Otherwise it will be the Mh1c.

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #2,847 of 3,824
  Hi,

where can i get Sony MH1C in Europe?

What's the difference between Sony Ericsson Mh1c and Sony Mh1c?

Thanks

There is no Ericsson MH1c
Only MH1

If you get the Ericsson MH1 you will need an adapter for it to work in almost anything (phones, computers etc)
I have both Mh1c and Mh1, Mh1c does not need an adapter
Mh1 without an adapter sounds like crap, like a $1 headphone.
Adapters are about 3-5 USD on ebay.

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2,848 of 3,824
Attention all: selling my almost new MH1s for asteal as I can't get over the flat cable. The sound is killer but flat cables, especially asymmetrical ones, have never jived with me.

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #2,849 of 3,824

There is no Ericsson MH1c
Only MH1

If you get the Ericsson MH1 you will need an adapter for it to work in almost anything (phones, computers etc)
I have both Mh1c and Mh1, Mh1c does not need an adapter
Mh1 without an adapter sounds like crap, like a $1 headphone.
Adapters are about 3-5 USD on ebay.

Thanks for your reply.

I live in France, and i can see this on amazon.fr http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B007M0J2H8/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

it's written Sony Ericsson, I'm a little confused. Can you confirm that this is the right model?

Also it is the best model of iem in this range of price? 

Thanks for your help

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #2,850 of 3,824
It says MH1c and seems to be MH1c
MH1c does not have the old Sony/Ericsson logo (the green one) on the headphones.

So this one, does not have it, and will work without any issues. Do not expect to use the call buttons in full functionality. You don't need an adapter. Sound quality is phenomenal, mic will work, you can pick up the call and end it with buttons and change volume. It will not control the music player though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back