[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Sep 27, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #3,811 of 3,824
Just purchased a pair of these but have to press the button in for proper sound. Had a quick search of the thread but can't find this:

Can we "fix" the remote so the button is always pressed? Better can we remove the remote entirely and have it sound good? Quality is awesome though, very clean and balanced stage.
You can get a TRRS CTIA-OMTP conversion adapter and the cable will function properly with full mic and button functionality

Like this
1695863842814.png

One of the cheapest electronic parts in existence 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 3, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #3,815 of 3,824
They still seem very easy to fall out though? Even if you're just walking they seem very loose no matter what tips you use?
Loop around the ears. Less cable noise, more stable in the ear. Remote goes right behind your ear.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #3,817 of 3,824
BTW if anyone is looking for a simple fix and not use a headphone adapter or open the remote:

Take a small, thin piece of wire and bridge the two bits at the back of the headphone jack as you insert it. That way the sound is perfect with no mods or ugliness.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #3,819 of 3,824
I keep a pair of these in my bag but rarely ever use them anymore because my iPhone doesn't have a 3.5mm audio jack. However, I recently picked up a Chord Mojo and I'm still waiting for speakers to arrive so I hooked the MH1C to the Mojo. The Mojo sounds fantastic as well the MH1C's. Definitely a great value for the $30 paid years ago.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #3,820 of 3,824
I keep a pair of these in my bag but rarely ever use them anymore because my iPhone doesn't have a 3.5mm audio jack. However, I recently picked up a Chord Mojo and I'm still waiting for speakers to arrive so I hooked the MH1C to the Mojo. The Mojo sounds fantastic as well the MH1C's. Definitely a great value for the $30 paid years ago.
If it's the most recent iPhone you could always just get a usb c dongle like a JCally and you would get decent sound out if the MH1C too.

I gotta say I'm kinda sad I sold my MH1C pair all those years ago, I wouldn't mind trying them again.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #3,822 of 3,824
The iPhone USB C/Lightning dongles are crap and they break easily. If it weren't for that I'd consider one.

Lol, I've been using usb c dongles for years and have had no such problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back