Review of Little-Dot MKIVse
Sep 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #781 of 847
whats the longest period of time you guys have had your mkivse on for?

i accidentally left mine on for 2 days idling....

... literally scared the crap out of me when i remembered! lucky no damage, thank god!

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #782 of 847
You are lucky, I usually don't leave it on more than 4 hours

Nov 19, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #783 of 847
Just purchased my brand new MK IV SE from David. This will be my first dedicated headphone amp. I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #784 of 847
meatwad, well done, enjoy it!
Next is tube rolling, waiting for your impressions.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #785 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleR6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USA little dot owners, did you get hit with any customs fees on delivery?

I have a III on the way and im worried ill have to pay up :/

No.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #786 of 847
Decided to go with the LD MKIV non SE and use the extra $100 for tube rolling. Love what I'm hearing with my new AKG K702's thus far. Seems to be a great match for my preferences.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #787 of 847
For preamp use only (with a CD player source... redbook, HDCD, SACD), would there be a sonic difference between the MKIII and the MKIV? And would there be a sonic difference between the MKIV and the MKIVSE? I'm currently using the MKIII as a preamp only, in a system with McIntosh amplification and Magnepan speakers (MG12's). I want to upgrade to a MKIV or MKIVSE. I already have Tung-Sol and Hytron EF95 tubes ready to be rolled into the amp I choose. Which would you go for and why? Thanks for your input and opinions!

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #789 of 847
It's ok to left ur LDIVSE for extended period of time, I usually let it warm up for an hour, sometimes over night, then it sounds like heaven. Yes, I ran through 2 pairs power tubes already within a year, don't if it's because of my use or the quality of the tube, one tube that came with the amp is still going strong tho.

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #790 of 847
Anybody else having problems accessing the Little Dot website and forum at http://www.little-tube.com/? I've been unable to pull it up for a couple of weeks now and after a year or so of just enjoying the MK IV I'm back to wanting to read about it and other LD gear.

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #791 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by McPanse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody else having problems accessing the Little Dot website and forum at http://www.little-tube.com/? I've been unable to pull it up for a couple of weeks now and after a year or so of just enjoying the MK IV I'm back to wanting to read about it and other LD gear.

Yes I can't access it a few days now.

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #792 of 847
Hi all,

Been looking through the posts here regarding the Little Dot MkIV-SE and finaly took the plunge and placed my order for one on Monday, have just received an e-mail from David letting me know that its now on its way after being QC'd
ksc75smile.gif

This is my first encounter with a tube amp (or even dedicated headphone amp for that matter) so am quite looking forward to hearing whats its like, will be using it with my Beyer DT880's (250Ω)

Will let you know how i get on.

John

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #793 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by jro7563 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

Been looking through the posts here regarding the Little Dot MkIV-SE and finaly took the plunge and placed my order for one on Monday, have just received an e-mail from David letting me know thats its now on its way after being QC'd
ksc75smile.gif

This is my first encounter with a tube amp (or even dedicated headphone amp for that matter) so am quite looking forward to hearing whats its like, will be using it with my Beyer DT880's (250Ω)

Will let you know how i get on.

John

Welcome jro7563

You and your Beyers will love the MKIVSE...
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #795 of 847

Users who are viewing this thread

Back