Review of Little-Dot MKIVse
Apr 22, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #811 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by yossi126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having owned the amp for 7 months I suggest at this budget to look for an M3 build.
The LD is a nice beginner's amp but not one for the HD800.

I second that. I own HD800 and LD (I use with my Grados)...Does a terrible job with Sennheiser due to their high impedance...

Denys

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #814 of 847
You said at one point when you tested the preamp that you hooked it into the AUX of an exising preamp, Pioneer I believe. When you do that do you not have 2 different volume controls, 1 on the Little Dot and 1 on the Pioneer? If so how do you handle that?

Sep 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #815 of 847
Well after reading all the useful information in this and other threads, and Penchum's great review of course, I've decided to plump for the IV SE and sent David an e-mail last night. This will be my first serious foray into Head-Fi so I'm pretty excited to hear the results. I'll be pairing it with the HD 650 and Little Dot DAC_I. I'll post a follow up with my initial impressions once the amp arrives.

Sep 16, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #817 of 847
Quote:
I have Sennheiser HD 600s and I'm planning on buying a little dot mk iv se and dac 1 soon. This thread has been helpful.

Let us know if you take the plunge and what your impressions are fanglekai, we can compare notes 
smily_headphones1.gif
. If nothing else it'll provide another data point in the never ending 600 vs. 650 discussion!

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #818 of 847
my MK IV SE broke again....
first time a resister blew and had to send it to china to get it fixed
and this time im not sure..
it makes a loud buzzing noise in my earphones and sound quality is dimishied.
anyone have any idea or whether someone has encountered this issue before?

thanks

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #819 of 847
also i cant seem to find David Zhe Zhe's email anymore, can someone PM that to me please?
i hope the repairs wont cost too much...
frown.gif

Thanks!

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #821 of 847
That's really bad luck nismohks. I never had any issues with mine but I do everything according to manual- headphones plugged in and sources on before powering it and letting it couple minutes to warm up.

Oct 8, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #822 of 847
I'm sorry to hear that nismohks, I recently brought the MK IV SE and was only able to enjoy it for an evening before it developed a problem. It's on its way back to Little Dot as I type.

By the way, it may not help, but there's an updated manual for this amp on Little Dot's website which has more troubleshooting information in it, might be worth a shot.

I hope you get the issue resolved without too much hassle.

Dec 23, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #823 of 847
Reading the forum it seems like there may be reliability issues with the Little Dot. If I buy a used one (to save money) rather than straight from David Zhezhe, can anyone foresee potential problems I may face down the road?

Right now I am undecided between getting a used LD MkIV-SE or the new Shiit Valhala. I couldn't find any direct comparison between the two amps on the forums so can anyone shed some light on which is a better option?

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #825 of 847
I bought mine from a fellow headfi'er - had it for over 12 months - no problem. I keep the headphones plugged in and let it warm up for 5-15 min before use. I love it in my living room setup (one of 3). Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back