Review of Little-Dot MKIVse
Jul 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #496 of 847
You should mail that LD guy for a manual, I also did so, so I could also mail it to you. Finding the gain is a p in the a, I just know now that my sextetts (600ohm) definetly work best at the highest gain (10). But now I'm gonna have to do the whole testing sh!t again when my K701's arrive
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #497 of 847
Btw any K701 + MKIVse owners here, how is the 'synergy' between these too, and what gain do you use??

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #500 of 847
Yeah I think I like gain 10 the best too. And I have the manual, but thanks for the offer. Is it true the K501 and K400 are comparable?

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #501 of 847
Quote:

Yeah I think I like gain 10 the best too. And I have the manual, but thanks for the offer. Is it true the K501 and K400 are comparable?

I really don't know, have never heard the K400, however, they do look alike
rolleyes.gif

The gain at (10) is a good choice, unless you use low imp. phones. With the K501s (120 ohm), my volume pot does not go past 10-11...

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #502 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by nspindel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen many questions in my reading along the lines of "is the SE really worth the extra money over the MKIV?"

The tubes alone are about $50-$60 more expensive than the tubes with the MKIV. The headphone jack is an upgrade, and the warranty is much better, so I personally feel that the extra $100 on the price tag is justified.

Man, you're making me regret my decision to purchase the MKIV.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #503 of 847
i just bought a mkivse
wink.gif

can't wait to test it out!

any recommendations on burnin or setting it up with my hd600?

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #504 of 847
Sorry folks...I didnt knew how to post a new thread and so posting in between your thread..I am very sorry for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking out for a best sounding headphones that will chill and thrill you with amazing detail, depth, clarity, Natural Sounding, LIVELY, LIVELY, LIVELY and Good Deep SOLID Beast bass sounding headphones which will not rumble or break at any frequency,,,Its too much to ask in a headphone but dont know if those type of headphones are ever made and if you know then I am the most happy one to buy them...

I will be waiting for your responses......

God Loves Us
Flintoff

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #505 of 847
You'll have better luck here: Headphones (full-size) - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

And yes, you are asking too much.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by flintoff2020 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry folks...I didnt knew how to post a new thread and so posting in between your thread..I am very sorry for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking out for a best sounding headphones that will chill and thrill you with amazing detail, depth, clarity, Natural Sounding, LIVELY, LIVELY, LIVELY and Good Deep SOLID Beast bass sounding headphones which will not rumble or break at any frequency,,,Its too much to ask in a headphone but dont know if those type of headphones are ever made and if you know then I am the most happy one to buy them...

God Loves Us
Flintoff

Jul 6, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #506 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by flintoff2020 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

God Loves Us
Flintoff

Welcome to HeadFI where you don't have to worry about your wallet because we do that for you!

You sound like a Grado man so if your wallet's as a flush as your first post, I'd recommend the Grado SR325i @ $300 or if you're a little less flush than you seem, the Grado SR60 @$70 may be just what you want.

This site is broken down into various equipment catagories and you inadvertantly landed at the tail end of a discussion about an obscure chinese tube headphone amplifier, the Little Dot MKIV SE, so you may want to look here Headphones (full-size) - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio so you can ask your question in the right forum.

You're off to a very auspicious start so good bye and good luck!

Jul 6, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #507 of 847
MKIVse + K701 is excellent synergy, anybody else here have the same combo?

Jul 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #508 of 847
is there an english instruction book for the mkivse?

mine is in chinese, and i have no idea what it says.

what is the gain setting and how can i change it?

thanks

edit: i just emailed little.tube@gmail.com to request and english manual. is that the right communications channel to reach them?

also, atm i am using it with my ipod classic and LOD connected directly to the mkivse and i can hear a slight buzzing in the background with my hd600. Is this normal given that the amp is brand new with under 1 hour of time on it?

Jul 6, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #509 of 847
also does anyone's mkivse make any noise in the headphones even when nothing is played?

mine makes a slight buzzing and staticy noise even when nothing is plugged in or played....

any ideas?

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #510 of 847
Quote:

also does anyone's mkivse make any noise in the headphones even when nothing is played?

mine makes a slight buzzing and staticy noise even when nothing is plugged in or played....

any ideas?

nismohks

Make sure all the tubes are pushed in all the way in the sockets. The MK IV SE should be dead silent....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back