[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #631 of 964
Quote:
I hate this site. In the last month I have bought, begged, borrowed or stolen :-

PSB M4U2 (returning due to a slight channel imbalance)
Sony MDR 1RNC
AKG 550
Zik Parrot
Sennheiser Amperior (which I'm selling here in London BTW)

Also on my to-try list are the Momentums and Sony MDR 1RBT (I really liked the NC Sonys, but not the NC mode).

And now, thanks to this damn thread, I may buy a pair of UE 9000s tomorrow (Although I'm confused by the great/rubbish alternating reviews!). I spoke to the Apple Store Regent Street, and they say I can return them within 14 days if I don't like them, so may as well give them a try.

I'm slightly concerned about all the talk of huge bass, and they seem quite hard to drive on an iPhone but I guess I'll see. I think I want a slightly warmer phone than the PSB (which I love though, and may still get a replacement pair). The Sony's were almost there for me, but the NC mode blew it, hence the possibility of the BT model.

Don't forget about the V-Moda M-100, Yamaha PRO 500, AKG Tiesto K267, and upcoming NAD HP50
wink_face.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #633 of 964
To UE9000 owners: I just got my pair today, tried the wireless mode and noticed that there is some skipping at the beginning and hissing at the end of every song. Thought it was the baterry, so charged it and nothing has changed yet. Is it normal or did I get a defective pair? 

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #634 of 964
Edited to include more info:

I just picked up a pair: Some hissing and I'm getting quite a lot of skipping (using Spotify on iPhone 5, iOS 6). Far more than when I used the Zik Parrot if memory serves. However, the Sony mdr 1rbt phones exhibit the SAME skipping. I'm wondering if it is an iPhone issue.There is also a 1/4 of a second delay when watching movies on my phone and pc.

As a complete aside, I really don't know how these can be called noise cancelling. The frequency range they 'cancel' is very small, and this mode is next to useless on the tube. The Parrot's were far more impressive in this regard. 

I *may* return them as although they sound VERY nice I bought them primarily for travelling to work, and I think they'd be much better used in the home. I had a horrible experience on the Tube where I had to max the volume to hear an audible book. If these had half decent noise cancelling they'd be PERFECT as a home/office/travelling hybrid.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #635 of 964
The UE9000 is exhibiting a delay of about 1/5th- 1/4 of a second when playing videos through my iPhone 5. Music is fine (or at least there is no picture to watch, so no syncing issue). Anyone come across this? I'm seeing similar with my Windows 7 PC (The Sony MDR was the same for both devices, yet the ZIK was fine)

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #636 of 964
Almost went with the JVC HA-S500, but Dsnuts convinced me to go with these despite all the love they're getting.  Glad I did..I'm loving 'em, especially after picking them up new for $120 off of Craigslist!!! 
size]
size]

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #637 of 964
Man.. this website's slogan is no joke at all. "Sorry about your wallet.." never met a more accurate person.

I literally just joined the audio-world last month (lurking/researching for 4-5 hours a day at work.. it's slow).. And I wanted to spend under $100 and still get good sound. I worked my way around Sennheiser 439's, AKG 240's, Grado SR80's, MDR V-6's. (having never heard of any of these brands... my familiarity was BEATS BEATS BEATS cuz that's all I ever heard about.. and I hated their sound with all my heart)

I ended up hating the HD428 demos at Bestbuy (not thumpy enough) but mod-thread research led me to purchase a pair 3 days ago ($27 investment) to mess around with bass/dubstep modding.

The UE6000's were right next to it for demo at BB.. and I loved what I was hearing (but have no idea how to discern things like highs, lows, soundstage, etc..) And plus they were WAY over what I planned on spending initially.

But demo'ing the UE6k's brought me here.. and I just read this entire thread in two days.. and now I'm sold based on reviews (head-fi, Tyll@Innerfidelity) and personal experience. (I haven't even got the HD428's in yet)

I managed to sell my Street Fighter Arcade stick for $150 like 5 seconds ago ($70 profit from what I paid for.. LOL) and I got $60 worth of BB reward certificates. Needless to say. I don't hate you guys financially yet. But I love you guys sonically. (amirite!?!?)

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #638 of 964
I've been using the Kokkia i10s bluetooth adapter with my UE9000 and iPhone4.

Definite improvement in sound quality with apt-x. Not sure why, but they are less bess heavy and more open when using the bluetooth adapter.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #639 of 964
Quote:
Almost went with the JVC HA-S500, but Dsnuts convinced me to go with these despite all the love they're getting.  Glad I did..I'm loving 'em, especially after picking them up new for $120 off of Craigslist!!! 
size]
size]

I compared the S500 to UE6000 and thought the latter was superior too. That said, we are talking about different price point. What a steal if you can get them for $120.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #640 of 964
Hi,

I just got my UE9000 today. The build quality is nice but the background noise in active mode is very strong, I can clearly hear them when playing light music. Do you have this kind of problems ?

It is very annoying to me....I almost consider this as a defective unit. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #641 of 964
Quote:
Hi,

I just got my UE9000 today. The build quality is nice but the background noise in active mode is very strong, I can clearly hear them when playing light music. Do you have this kind of problems ?

It is very annoying to me....I almost consider this as a defective unit. 

might wanna check on other units to see if its really a defect

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #642 of 964
I just wanted to chime in, I owned the UE9000 for a bit and I thought they sounded pretty damned good, even in Bluetooth mode, easily the best Bluetooth headsets I've heard. But unfortunately, on more than a few tracks on my iPad Mini, iPad 4 and iPhone 5 tracks would skip and stutter, but would not on my Macbook Pro R. Folks at my local "Genius Bar" recommended I update to latest OS which I already was on at the time (6.0.2).

Upon my research I stumbled upon some threads in various apple forums and found there is some sort of bug that was introduced in iOS 6 with bluetooth stutter. Again, I am not just talking about lag here. What I experienced was reminiscent of scratched CD playback and only on certain tracks when there is a lot of guitar play usually. These very same tracks would play just fine in Bluetooth mode on my Macbook. Wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Again, great cans when they worked in Bluetooth mode reminded me a lot of my D7000s.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #643 of 964
Quote:
I just wanted to chime in, I owned the UE9000 for a bit and I thought they sounded pretty damned good, even in Bluetooth mode, easily the best Bluetooth headsets I've heard. But unfortunately, on more than a few tracks on my iPad Mini, iPad 4 and iPhone 5 tracks would skip and stutter, but would not on my Macbook Pro R. Folks at my local "Genius Bar" recommended I update to latest OS which I already was on at the time (6.0.2).

Upon my research I stumbled upon some threads in various apple forums and found there is some sort of bug that was introduced in iOS 6 with bluetooth stutter. Again, I am not just talking about lag here. What I experienced was reminiscent of scratched CD playback and only on certain tracks when there is a lot of guitar play usually. These very same tracks would play just fine in Bluetooth mode on my Macbook. Wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Again, great cans when they worked in Bluetooth mode reminded me a lot of my D7000s.

Yes, I experienced this on the UE9000 as well as the Sony MDR 1r BT. The start of song on Spotify would always stutter, as if something was trying to catch up. The Zik Parrots were better in this regard, weirdly. I think the issues is iOS related.

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #644 of 964
Yea it was a bummer, great headphones though aside from that issue I had. Shame, I was also looking at the Sony MDR 1RBT. A lot of people seem to have nothing but good things to say about them. I wonder if 6.1.0 fixed the Bluetooth audio issue. Weird thing, is that it was not on all songs, but certain songs for me too many where it was too big of an issue for me to overlook.

For now I will stay away from Bluetooth headsets or audio equipment on iOS devices.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #645 of 964
The sound I hear is everything I expected it to be. But the reason I spent so much money was to have one headset that I could use to listen to music *and* participate in conference calls.  The microphone quality sucks badly - people on conference calls with me when I use my UE9000 say that I sound as if I am speaking through a blanket.  I wish I had purchased something half the price (like a UE6000, or something from Bose or Sennheiser) to listen to music, and something else for conference calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back