[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #496 of 964
Quote:
That's good to hear, that was one of the things I was worried about, but I guess they will be great for gaming.

Can anyone here make a comparison between the UE6000 and the Beyer DT1350?

DT1350 has much better treble extension and more controlled bass. UE6000 is much warmer sounding and easier to the ears but bass is more loose. UE6000 is much more comfortable than DT1350 and more portable as well (opinions may wary regarding the portability!).

DT1350 might sound more HIFI at first because it's brighter but I sold my DT1350 when I received my UE6000. I use UE6000 with my RockBoxed Sansa Clip+. I use meier xfeed and EQ the bass a little bit down to reduce the boominess. UE6000 sounds really satisfying with this setup.  

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #497 of 964
Well, I've had my 6000s for a couple of weeks now. They are pretty much burned in with over 100 hours I'm guessing. I really love these. The fit is great, the ANC is a nice addition for traveling. Pretty much everything I can say has already been said. I have compared them to the 550s, Sennheisers, M50s, Sony's and others I can't think of now. I've been on a buying and returning streak. They are getting tired of me at Best Buy, Guitar Center and Frys. After having them all these are the ones I have decided to keep. BUT (and there is always a but) I have just a couple of issues. Before I address the issues I will say that each model I have tried might meet the things I am looking for below in one area but fall well short of the UE 6000s in other areas so they are not options.

First of all, my left ear seems to not isolate as well. When listening to any music, I don't notice it so I am thinking it may not be the balance issue alot are describing although it could be. Second, if I could just get a touch better defined bass. I really don't want to decrease impact or quantity too much but I wish it were a touch more refined and defined. I have a Fiio E6 on the way and thinking that may help some. Finally, I wish these had a bit more extension and sparkle on the top end. I listen to everything from classical to classic rock and in between. Most of the time I don't have a problem but I have many times I wish I could resolve more high end detail without burning my ears up.

I know its sounds like I am complaining a bit too much about the UE 6000s but I am really not. I guess I am going to have to spend a ton more to get the additions I want. That's what make these so good is they really don't do anything bad or jump out at you with a glaring flaw. The one headphone I haven't heard yet is the M100 and after reading a good bit about it on here and in other reviews it may get me to the things I want. I just don't know if it will be worth the extra $110 in the end. I'm not strapped to a budget but I ultimately feel that anything over $300 is just too much for me to spend on headphones. Just my comfort zone I guess.

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #498 of 964
Local Apple Store has the UE 9000's might pick one up today after work..and enjoy these suckers since i still go no power at home

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #499 of 964
Hi,

I have the UE 9000 and have paired it with a Sony Z1000 Walkman (Android) with no issues at all,  the controls work as advertised,  in fact as Tyll said in his review its an excellent Bluetooth implementation.

Steve

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #501 of 964
At the price? I don't know, tough call. The UE6000 is well built, has a nice midrange to treble transition that's hard to beat. Only problem is the bass, which is sort of droney, one-note, and way too present. The bass on the Bose AE2 is much better defined and balanced. But the AE2 mids and treble are choppy waters. I'd say save another $100 and you could do better, for sure.

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #502 of 964
I just picked up a pair of the 4000's at best buy. Most of my experience so far has been with iem's, so my taste may not be the most refined... At any rate I have listened to several of the other more popular brands, and to be honest the bass really bothered me. A lot of headphones seem overwhelmed by innacurate bass.
The ultimate ears do seem to suffer from this problem to my ears. Sure they are not perfect, I personally would prefer more separation, and maybe a little more analytical. But for my first pair of on the ears's, and costing less than $100, they are great.
I do have a question though, I am driving them wih just my iPhone 4 right now. I would like to upgrade, I was thinking Sansa clip+ , and a fiio e6 amp. Does this sound good? Any input would be appreciated

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #503 of 964
Just got the UE6000 last night. I have had them on my head more than off since then. I am very pleased. Here's my two cents for anyone bored enough to read it. 

(Passive wired listening, Direct to iPhone 5 headphone out, amped with FiiO E7 through LOD on iPad2, and  with FiiO E7 used as DAC/AMP Combo through Macbook Pro with Flac Files. All genre's except classical.)

Disclaimer: This is only my second pair of decent (if $$ determines decent that is) headphones ever.

I bought a pair of Grado SR80i about 3 weeks ago, and tried my hardest for all of those days to fall in love with them. I even bought an E7 from Fiio to try and warm the sound a bit and balance things. I only ended up with sore ears and a lighter wallet. So I sent them back to Amazon yesterday and made my way to the Apple store to pick up a pair of the UE6000's in white. The guy there even let me demo a new pair out of the box since the display was hammered from all the punk kids that loiter around that store. 

I liked what I heard enough in the store to pull the trigger (Apple also has a 14 day unconditional return policy). I think the UE6000's are superior to the Grado SR80i's in every way. Comfort, Overall Sound, and Build Quality (except maybe the cable, but I do like the right side only cable out vs the dual out w/ the sr80i's). I have to give a nod to Tyll at innerfidelity for his praise of the UE's, as he talked me in to them. I trusted his ears because he has the same issue I did with the SR80i's (bright to the point of being physically painful to listen to).

For people wondering about an amp/dac, I wouldn't say its a must have right away, as all of my sources can drive them to adequate volume levels, but my ears certainly notice a difference when using the E7 (it was about $65 on amazon when I got it). I think it's certainly worth every dollar too. I don't have any desire to spend another cent, I set out to just get a decent setup for under $150, and ended up with something I find to be amazing, for about $265 (that includes the E7).

One last thing, as someone else mentioned before, you have to push HARDER than your probably comfortable with on the cable in to the right ear cup. It is a really solid fit, so much so that I thought I was going to break it the first few times I did it. 

/sorryfortherant

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #504 of 964
Quote:
I just picked up a pair of the 4000's at best buy. Most of my experience so far has been with iem's, so my taste may not be the most refined... At any rate I have listened to several of the other more popular brands, and to be honest the bass really bothered me. A lot of headphones seem overwhelmed by innacurate bass.
The ultimate ears do seem to suffer from this problem to my ears. Sure they are not perfect, I personally would prefer more separation, and maybe a little more analytical. But for my first pair of on the ears's, and costing less than $100, they are great.
I do have a question though, I am driving them wih just my iPhone 4 right now. I would like to upgrade, I was thinking Sansa clip+ , and a fiio e6 amp. Does this sound good? Any input would be appreciated

My logic would be to return the UE4000's and get the UE6000's. They will have a more drastic effect on overall sound quality. Then upgrade your source and amp later, as funds allow. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #505 of 964
Just picked up a pair of the UE9000, really enjoying them.  One issue I have is the micro-usb cable doesn't fit very well.  When I try to remove it, the amount of pressure needed is scary.  There is no snap...more like a jam it in there kind of fit.  Anyone else have this issue?  Maybe I should exchange for a different pair.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #506 of 964
Quote:
Just picked up a pair of the UE9000, really enjoying them.  One issue I have is the micro-usb cable doesn't fit very well.  When I try to remove it, the amount of pressure needed is scary.  There is no snap...more like a jam it in there kind of fit.  Anyone else have this issue?  Maybe I should exchange for a different pair.

I received my UE9000 a couple of days ago and I had a similar issue. Tried using the provided micro-usb cable with the UE9000 and another device but it was extremely hard to plug in and remove. Then I tried using a different micro-usb cable and I did not need to use nearly as much pressure, so my guess is that it's an issue with the provided cable and not the port on the headphones.

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #507 of 964
Hi,

I own a UE6000. I returned the first one because of the passive mode that wasn't working. But on both cans i have the jack 3.5mm whore which is so big that when i plug the cable it doesn't fit well and get out easily. I tested with different cords.

Am the only one to have this trouble ?

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #508 of 964
Hi,

Mine is the contrary. The whore is too big and the jack doesn't stay well in it :s.

It's my second pair with that problem (the first one had trouble with the passive mode not working)

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #509 of 964
Hi,

Mine is the contrary. The whore is too big and the jack doesn't stay well in it :s.

It's my second pair with that problem (the first one had trouble with the passive mode not working)

Push harder. I thought this same thing at first. It feels like you'll break the input, then the cable snaps in place.

My experience anyways, don't break your headphone!

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #510 of 964
Are the U6000 bigger than psb m4u 2?From all the pics i saw i couldn't understand if the U6000 can be portable and and if i could wear them around the neck...
Also,reading all the posts it's not very clear if they can be driven fine from an ipod classic and if the leakage is bad or not..
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back