[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #317 of 964
Quote:
How does the 6000 compare to the M-Audio Q40, sound-wise? Does the soundstage improve significantly when amped?

The Q40 isn't much for soundstage, but neither are most closed headphones.  Q40 has bigger, deeper bass and is one of the top cans for bass available at any price.  Mids and highs are accurate, but I would call detail below average.  Also, I pick up excessive sibilance with these.  Unless powerful bass is your overriding interest, the UE6000 is on another level regarding overall SQ and still provides a full, satisfying bass experience.

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #318 of 964
Quote:
Yes, have listened to the 9000 in wired passive. the bass is still  pretty overwhelming. I do like the bluetooth as it comes in handy on the subway...not snagging people's bags and such in morning rush hour. I listened to them again this morning on my subway ride in. The bass being so strong is a bit helpful in a louder place like the subway...i dont find the noise canceling to be so strong. Im not sure...will have to use them throughout the week to see if it grows on me. When the bass is that strong it is almost fatiguing.
the build quality IS very nice. I really like the way they wear and feel. I guess I was expecting them to be a bit more technical /accurate sounding for this price range.
Anyone else tried them out yet?

Gah! so disappointed to hear that. So many of these new closed headphones coming out have very unbalanced sound. I might try to stop in at a store and listen, but based on what I'm reading from some seasoned listeners, these aren't a great audio product and aimed at the commercial market. 

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #319 of 964
Quote:

Gah! so disappointed to hear that. So many of these new closed headphones coming out have very unbalanced sound. I might try to stop in at a store and listen, but based on what I'm reading from some seasoned listeners, these aren't a great audio product and aimed at the commercial market. 

follow ups were posted where bass settled down quite a bit when listening wired in passive mode.

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #322 of 964
I am listening to Deadmau5 <album title goes here> CD on the UE9000 right now and I don't find the bass to be overwhelming in Passive or Active NC mode.  Active mode has more bass and hotter highs but it's not wild at all.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #323 of 964
Quote:
I am listening to Deadmau5 <album title goes here> CD on the UE9000 right now and I don't find the bass to be overwhelming in Passive or Active NC mode.  Active mode has more bass and hotter highs but it's not wild at all.

You never did the ue9000 unboxing... 
frown.gif
 pleaseeee pleaseee make a review of the UE you have!!! 

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #324 of 964
Are you finding that lower to mid bass range mildly muddy? I find on these that I wouldnt mind the enhanced bass if it were just cleaner and tighter. Still buggin me a little but not redy to ditch them yet

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #327 of 964
on the UE9000, i know its bluetooth but can i use it wired if i want too?
and also hows the sound quality to it, i was thinking of picking up a bluetooth wireless headphones but i dont know where to look. I heard of a Parrot Zik and thats all. LOL
any other bluetooth wireless headphone i should look at?

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #328 of 964
Quote:
on the UE9000, i know its bluetooth but can i use it wired if i want too?
and also hows the sound quality to it, i was thinking of picking up a bluetooth wireless headphones but i dont know where to look. I heard of a Parrot Zik and thats all. LOL
any other bluetooth wireless headphone i should look at?

Yes, you can use it wired and based on a few reviews, it is considered one of the best.

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #329 of 964
Does anyone with the UE6000/UE9000 know how well it works with non-iOS devices (the controls, mic, etc.) I'm thinking of getting the 9000 to pair with HTC One X, and possibly a laptop. Is it known which controls, if any, work?

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #330 of 964
With the UE 9000 wired. i can put in a my iBasso D-Zero or UHA-4 with the Fiio LOD right? stupid q&a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back