[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #271 of 964
Quote:
Hey all.I have been using UE's Triple Fi 10 for over a year and have come to love the sound. Key has been the bass which for me is very present and defined but neutral, without that boomy muddy sound. I picked up a pair of the UE 9000's today and have to say i am a bit surprised. I thought the bass would be similar in a very tight and defined way..... Not so much. Anyone else finding them to be very bass heavy? Listening at night lying in bed in a quiet room it was almost too much! So much so that i have been thinking of returning them. Tis is in wired mode or with bluetooth. So far a little disappointed. Is this an issue that 'burning in' will help? Should i expect bigger changes over time?
I do like the mids and high end though.

Have you tried wired in passive mode?  I only listen to my UE 6000 in passive mode as I find the v-curve with the power on detracts from the sound in a big way.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #272 of 964
Quote:
Have you tried wired in passive mode?  I only listen to my UE 6000 in passive mode as I find the v-curve with the power on detracts from the sound in a big way.

On that note, if you do find the sound to be better in wired passive mode, I think it'd be best if you returned the 9000's and picked up the 6000.  You'd save yourself about $200.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #273 of 964
Quote:
UE 6000 update:

I have a wonderful wife who loves to tease me about all the time I spend on Head-fi and wouldn't know the difference between a Beats Solo and a Fostex TH900.  She has been tolerating me carrying on about these headphones for the past few days and asked if she could try them out with my Iphone to see what the fuss is about.  It's been about an hour, I'm hearing bad karaoke, and at this point, I'm thinking this pair is lost to her and I may need to pick up another one tomorrow along with a new Ipod for her playlists.

I think i lost my girlfriend because of my headphone addiction. LOL

My profile pic is of her with my Q701s.  I forced her to put them on.  HAHA

She just didnt care about headphones at all

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #274 of 964
Quote:
I think i lost my girlfriend because of my headphone addiction. LOL

My profile pic is of her with my Q701s.  I forced her to put them on.  HAHA

She just didnt care about headphones at all

Get her a nice pair like the White V-Moda M80 and she'll enjoy music like you do.  She'll care when she has her own nice pair of headphones.  I did for my wife and she is happy.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #276 of 964
Made Head Gear pages for UE9000

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ultimate-ears-ue9000-noise-cancelling-wireless-headphones

UE6000

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ultimate-ears-ue6000-active-noise-cancelling-headphones

UE4000

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ultimate-ears-ue4000-headphones

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #280 of 964
Yes, have listened to the 9000 in wired passive. the bass is still  pretty overwhelming. I do like the bluetooth as it comes in handy on the subway...not snagging people's bags and such in morning rush hour. I listened to them again this morning on my subway ride in. The bass being so strong is a bit helpful in a louder place like the subway...i dont find the noise canceling to be so strong. Im not sure...will have to use them throughout the week to see if it grows on me. When the bass is that strong it is almost fatiguing.
the build quality IS very nice. I really like the way they wear and feel. I guess I was expecting them to be a bit more technical /accurate sounding for this price range.
Anyone else tried them out yet?

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #281 of 964
you know what...
on listening again, wired passive is not nearly as boosted. I would agree that it falls more into the definitely warm category. you know the bass is there but it is not as tight as the Triple Fi 10 in my opinion. not bad, just not AS tight.
I think i can warm up to these and for the time when bluetooth comes in handy its a reasonable compromise. will have to do some more listening with those two modes with classical where the boost might actually be of benefit.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #282 of 964
I just went and bought the UE6000 (all that the apple store had) and they are good. Not as bass-y as many people suggest. I cant compare them to anything else really, but they are underwhelming for what I expected (still ruddy good though!). They work well for XBox gaming too (MW3). Wanted the wireless ones really, but couldnt justify £100+ for just a bluetooth. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #283 of 964
Well only one problem to report so far - the volume controls do not work with android (galaxy S2 with paranoid android rom running jellybean), but the center button does, as does the mic. Otherwise, so far, quite happy.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #284 of 964
Off the bat, these sound fantastic.  I'll do a comparison to the Momentum after these burn for the next few hours.  
@ craigster.  You are evil man, after your impressions of the M-100's, I'm gonna be grabbing those too when available.  

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #285 of 964
Quote:
Off the bat, these sound fantastic.  I'll do a comparison to the Momentum after these burn for the next few hours.  
@ craigster.  You are evil man, after your impressions of the M-100's, I'm gonna be grabbing those too when available.  

This happens to be a great time to be in the market for headphones.  I have been looking for months and now have two headphones that are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back