[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #256 of 964
Quote:

Just don't recommend it to Dale Thorn. 
wink.gif

Haha
darthsmile.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #257 of 964
Quote:
Thanks!!! Even I haven't heard LP2's...I was planning to buy M100's but seems like I have to wait till next year..which I can't do!!! So I was looking for something which has good sound signature with emphasis on bass. I made up my mind to buy UE 6000 ...but today found some one on our campus wearing LP2's. I was blown away by the looks of that HP..So got confused which one should I buy..

Hey man, I tried the lp2's, so I can give some input on it for you.  If you like loud boomy bass than you will like the lp2s.  I mainly listen to hip hop/pop, and I found the bass too overpowering for my taste.  When I listen to rap, the vocals were muddy, and it just wasn't clear.  I like bass in my rap, but not when it gives me muddy vocals.  On the other hand, if you listen to dubstep this is amazing for that genre.  I rarely listen to dubstep, so I just couldn't warrant getting it just to listen to one genre of music.  
You can hear all the drums and instruments in the background from the dubstep; it just sound mesmerizing to me even though I don't even like dubstep.  Listening to Skrillex made me start to like dubstep just from the lp2s.  

The look/styling of the lp2s are damn sexay to say the least; I like the look that it gives you.  I look like a aviator pilot :wink:.  As much as I don't want to wait, but the m-100s has the same styling and look and not the overpowering bass that the m-100 has from what I hear.  

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #259 of 964
Quote:
Hey man, I tried the lp2's, so I can give some input on it for you.  If you like loud boomy bass than you will like the lp2s.  I mainly listen to hip hop/pop, and I found the bass too overpowering for my taste.  When I listen to rap, the vocals were muddy, and it just wasn't clear.  I like bass in my rap, but not when it gives me muddy vocals.  On the other hand, if you listen to dubstep this is amazing for that genre.  I rarely listen to dubstep, so I just couldn't warrant getting it just to listen to one genre of music.  
You can hear all the drums and instruments in the background from the dubstep; it just sound mesmerizing to me even though I don't even like dubstep.  Listening to Skrillex made me start to like dubstep just from the lp2s.  

The look/styling of the lp2s are damn sexay to say the least; I like the look that it gives you.  I look like a aviator pilot :wink:.  As much as I don't want to wait, but the m-100s has the same styling and look and not the overpowering bass that the m-100 has from what I hear.  

Thanks Tommy!!! I listen to hip/hop most of the times..I love the bass but I want the mids and highs to be clean as well. I think I should wait for M100 or settle for UE6000..I wish the M100's come out soon and I can buy those from retailers...I really love the looks of m100's!!! LP2's  look seriously good as well..

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #260 of 964
@UE/Logi R&D (If they ever browse by)

-Tooling needs to be modified. Inconsistency with female output.
-While switching on and off ANC, Right channel cuts out randomly some times. Have to switch back to ANC to get passive mode working on right side again.

I wrote support, but I doubt they'll have any solution but to offer me an RMA or a new cable.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #261 of 964
I can see there's a lot of satisfied people with the ue6000. Well, I'm sure now. As soon I have money ( I hope it's pretty soon ) I will join the group of the Ue6000 owners. And be a proud owner as Craigster75. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #263 of 964
Quote:
I wonder more how these compare with the M-80.

I dare to say from my recollection of an M-80 audition awhile ago, the UE 6000 is superior in bass impact related to depth, punch and extension as well as superior high end extension.  For me, the UE 6000 is the realization of the sound I envision for the M-100.  I will be having some intense listening comparisons this weekend.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #264 of 964
UE 6000 update:

I have a wonderful wife who loves to tease me about all the time I spend on Head-fi and wouldn't know the difference between a Beats Solo and a Fostex TH900.  She has been tolerating me carrying on about these headphones for the past few days and asked if she could try them out with my Iphone to see what the fuss is about.  It's been about an hour, I'm hearing bad karaoke, and at this point, I'm thinking this pair is lost to her and I may need to pick up another one tomorrow along with a new Ipod for her playlists.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #265 of 964
sure,your wife was enjoying the stuff
biggrin.gif

i'm still looking for further review about sony mdr-1 & audio technica ws99 before i do the shopping,
at this moment this ue6000 allready an option for my new cans.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #268 of 964
I bought the UE6000 yesterday and returned it to today. It is by no means a bad headphone, but it didn't have the features I needed. Foremost, I wanted a circumaural headphone, and these were perfect in that regard. Secondly, I wanted something portable. I assumed the UE6000's would be at least somewhat portable because they advertise portability and have the ability to fold. However, they were rather heavy, and looked pretty hefty on my head. I also live in Hawaii, so the pads started to get extremely hot when I was walking around my university. So portability was a miss. Thirdly, I was looking for good sound. These sounded very accurate, and I began to fall in love with the sound staging. Highs were nice and sparkly, almost being too much, but never crossing that threshold. Mids were sufficient, definitely not forward. Lows were a bit disappointing for me, and I can say with confidence that these are definitely not bass-heavy headphones. The bass was present when it needed to be, sure, but in my personal preference I prefer my headphones to move a little more air. That may be a personal affair, but nonetheless I don't see these as bass heavy.

ANC is almost useless, and the sound gets a bit sibilant for whatever reason when ANC is enabled. 

If you're not looking for a bassy headphone, nor are you looking for a portable headphone, then this could be a good choice. Although, I still question if the ATH-M50's could serve that purpose a little better.

Oh, and I really liked the cable that came with the UE6000. It was a solid, sturdy cable that looked good. A bit of microphonics, but nothing extreme. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #269 of 964
Hey all.I have been using UE's Triple Fi 10 for over a year and have come to love the sound. Key has been the bass which for me is very present and defined but neutral, without that boomy muddy sound. I picked up a pair of the UE 9000's today and have to say i am a bit surprised. I thought the bass would be similar in a very tight and defined way..... Not so much. Anyone else finding them to be very bass heavy? Listening at night lying in bed in a quiet room it was almost too much! So much so that i have been thinking of returning them. Tis is in wired mode or with bluetooth. So far a little disappointed. Is this an issue that 'burning in' will help? Should i expect bigger changes over time?
I do like the mids and high end though.

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #270 of 964
Quote:
I bought the UE6000 yesterday and returned it to today. It is by no means a bad headphone, but it didn't have the features I needed. Foremost, I wanted a circumaural headphone, and these were perfect in that regard. Secondly, I wanted something portable. I assumed the UE6000's would be at least somewhat portable because they advertise portability and have the ability to fold. However, they were rather heavy, and looked pretty hefty on my head. I also live in Hawaii, so the pads started to get extremely hot when I was walking around my university. So portability was a miss. Thirdly, I was looking for good sound. These sounded very accurate, and I began to fall in love with the sound staging. Highs were nice and sparkly, almost being too much, but never crossing that threshold. Mids were sufficient, definitely not forward. Lows were a bit disappointing for me, and I can say with confidence that these are definitely not bass-heavy headphones. The bass was present when it needed to be, sure, but in my personal preference I prefer my headphones to move a little more air. That may be a personal affair, but nonetheless I don't see these as bass heavy.

ANC is almost useless, and the sound gets a bit sibilant for whatever reason when ANC is enabled. 

If you're not looking for a bassy headphone, nor are you looking for a portable headphone, then this could be a good choice. Although, I still question if the ATH-M50's could serve that purpose a little better.

Oh, and I really liked the cable that came with the UE6000. It was a solid, sturdy cable that looked good. A bit of microphonics, but nothing extreme. 

M50 has less bass than UE 6000 by a significant margin to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back