[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #946 of 964
u have just redefined what is ON / OVER EAR ...:)

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #947 of 964
Oct 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #948 of 964
Look for a DT150...your flaps might just fit in ...just. :)

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #949 of 964
A little more than a year after I'd purchased my UE 900's - all the while I'd grudgingly accepted the niggling faults and idiosyncrasies - they died. The battery died, that is. They still worked wired, but they are BT headphones and without that they are dead to me. 
I did rip them apart to see inside where the battery is located and it was a Sony with a part number. I'm sure it is readily available.
But no, I couldn't risk fixing them when they were still under warranty so I took them back.

I chose a pair of Bose Sound Links as my replacements. On ears they are,  as opposed to the all encompassing UE9000's, and I am very happy with the purchase, I mean refund. What really does it for me is how easy they are to use. They just work, without any ado, which compared to the Logitechs is such a blessing. I find the volume and other controls much easier to operate as well as working the BT connectivity. It just works. And the way they speak the battery level  every time you turn them on!  It is very handy actually. Not that the battery does wear down fast. The Bose headphones batteries last very well in my judgement.
Possibly the UE9000's have a more dynamic sound, but the Bose pair command a very broad soundstage and the instruments are separated and defined. I'm pretty happy with the sound but not ecstatic. Comfortable, reliable , portable, listenable.
For mobile headphones I'm done.  

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #952 of 964
Yes, they are easy to drive.  I used the UE 6000 in passive mode for a several months with a Kaito KA1102 Shortwave radio, mainly listening to FM stereo, with good results.

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #953 of 964
  Is the UE6000 in passive mode easy to drive (i.e. with a portable like an iPhone?)

on my samsung gs3 and lg g3, i think they sound rather quiet in passive mode.  the reason i bought a fiio e11 is because my ue6000 didn't quite get loud enough.  it's a little bit louder in active mode but in passive mode, i thought it needed a boost.  however, my best friend uses his UE6000 with his iphone5s with no problem it seems. 

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #954 of 964
Is the UE6000 in passive mode easy to drive (i.e. with a portable like an iPhone?)

It can be done but I found I had to crank the volume way up to get a decent result. With an amp they can be driven much easier or just use active mode. I seem to remember that the noise cancelling was not very noticeable on these cans.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #955 of 964

It can be done but I found I had to crank the volume way up to get a decent result. With an amp they can be driven much easier or just use active mode. I seem to remember that the noise cancelling was not very noticeable on these cans.

You remember wrong, I am afraid.
gs1000.gif
The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode.  See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #956 of 964
You remember wrong, I am afraid.:gs1000smile: The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode.  See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.

I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #957 of 964

You remember wrong, I am afraid.
gs1000.gif
The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode.  See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.

I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.

I think that this is just another example of the ambiguity of natural languages.  Some readers will think that my comment made sense; others will not.  Here is an attempt to make this more precise. You wrote: "I seem to the remember that the noise canceling was not very noticeable on these cans."  I understood: "There is very little difference between the sound signature of this can with or without noise canceling."  It seems that I misunderstood.

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #960 of 964
Hi guys

I'm soon to be the happy owner of a pair of UE6000's :) I just ordered a shop soiled black pair from amazon for only 50 euros. Really excited to be getting these and at a knock down price.

Unfortunately the unit does not come with the light blue audio lead or any accessories. Well that's not so bad because I don't like the color of it anyway. Light blue is a bit  too loud for me ( I'm not young  ) and a bit too 'beatsy' whereas otherwise I think the look of the headphones themselves look very snazzy in black ! 

So I am looking for a very nice high quality black cable that will go with these, with or without the mic control system (for android) . I own already a pair of MDR-1R which has a very nice cable but it's brown and it's won't match the UE6000. Would anyone have a recommendation , thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back