[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #856 of 964
If you try pushing the headphones of the UE6000 closer to your ears, would that increase the bass for you? Since I now have bent mine quite a lot and have much better clamp and seal from the headphones compared to when I got them. Almost on the uncomfortable side because I have glasses and the headphones push on the glasses.

Pushing the cups closer increases the loudness overall, including the bass.  It still doesn't change the signature nor does the bass improve enough to feel like it's not rolled off.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #857 of 964
I've been using my pair of UE6000 for about 4 days now.  The bass from the Great Gatsby's OST "A Liitle Party Never Killed Nobody" (FLAC, from about 1:14 for a few seconds, and at 1:44) sounded really awful from the UE6000 at first, with very obvious distortion of some sort (I'm not an audiophile...so please forgive me for not using the correct terms).  Having said that, the pair have now improved; they now give better bass...but still somewhat poor in quality.

Honest to God, I'm not a believer of burn-in...but for the past four days, I've been playing music through them non-stop, in hope that it might improve the sound quality, and it did.  I'm very certain that it's not placeable either because I've been comparing them with K550, DT1350 and SE846.

The other piece I've been listening to is House of Flying Daggers' OST "The Echo Game" (from about 0:40).  Something doesn't sound right...but I can't pinpoint what it is.

Overall, I don't hate the UE6000, nor do I love them though.  Though, for $60, it's not a bad purchase.

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #858 of 964
Guys just a warning. My UE6000 is full of weird defects. Already asked for a new headphone from logitech.
problems you mentioned is very familiar to me.

Bad sound including weak bass..out of the box. Terrible. After 8 hours burn in...better. Improving all the time.
Btw the bassmonster reputation only comes out when i turn on the NC.

Chatbox: Which player are you using? Are you using an amp? Somehow my UE6000 cant play with my amp. Output is even lower than from straight from my iphone. And when i turn the volume up...distortion.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #862 of 964
So a little update on the white ue6000 I recently bought, I noticed some channel imbalance earlier (left side is louder by quite a bit) and thought I'd let them burn in. It's beena week now and it hasn't changed which makes me sad. I did contact tigerdirect and they say UPS will contact me within the net week to pick it up. Hopefully I get a good pair this time as the white ones are pure sex. At least their customer service is top notch. At $80 I paid they are a steal, just that damned channel imbalance. My black ones I bought earlier this year sound perfect so at least I won't be without a good headphone to listen to in the mean time.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #863 of 964
what bluetooth source are people using with the UE9000? anyone using Xperia Z Ultra, or other apt-x device? is the sound over apt-x much better than a mobile phone or ipod with decent bluetooth?

i'm currently using my old nokia N8 and ipod touch (2G)...considering getting a Z Ultra to pull double duty as tablet + apt-x bluetooth DAP (if the apt-x on the Z Ultra really makes a difference). if not, then i might just stick to the N8/touch (or get a 7G nano for something more portable) and get an ipad mini as a tablet.

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #864 of 964
I'm new to the forum (first post) but I have read this entire 58 page thread, and during the course of that purchased a pair of UE 9000's from JB Hi-fi in Auckland NZ. Retailing at $599 NZ which is about 480 US. I paid 483 NZD which is about $380 US. So, not cheap headphones.
Prior to purchase I compared them in the store with Bose QC 15's and of course was impressed with the ANC of those. I also listened to some B+W P3's and some Sony Momentums. All similar prices maybe dearer. All listening was done wired. .

I've been using a pair of Technic RPDJ1210's (yes headphones not turntables)  
wink.gif

I've always considered these amazing cans, as in really amazing. Does anyone on this forum know them? So so clear, like electrostatics. Sure not for bassheads but well I am not one of those.

So the other cans I tried at the shop were all good possibly better but they didn't have Bluetooth. That's what I wanted, so I bought these.

I'm  struggling to accept that they are good enough and while I appreciate the comfort and the freedom Yeh FREEDOM , did you hear me say freedom, wow that is so cool - the truth is the sound is muddy in the bass and recessed all the way up. Especially if I compare them to the Technics. Even compared to my Kef speakers (Reference Two's) which aren't generally considered particularly lively they (the Logitech cans) are veritably muted in the mid and upper ranges.

So I've had them a few days and I have been adjusting to the sound on BT but its galling to think they could be better if I sacrificed FREEDOM.  

I had noticed a buzz when I was leaning on a pillow, that I could make appear or disappear by leaning back. weird.

Today I started gaming with them - (Need for Speed on the Ipad) and something that I had noticed before became much more apparent. I describe this as some sort of electronic glitch. like a loose wire making a slight crackling noise. I had noticed it in between tracks when listening to music , and also when listening to the radio. It happens  when there is a change in the type of sound being broadcasted and is particularly noticeable when the game intro's and you make your selections (of track, car etc) 
Its only on Bluetooth and I believe it to be the ANC componentry kind of clicking into place.

I've also noticed occasional blackouts of sound for a second or two.

So I think I am going to have to take them back as faulty. I am kind of sad, but for this amount of bucks want the BT to work easily.

I know it can , I quite often drive the Kefs via a Bluetooth device in front of the Denon amp using the IPhone and it works perfectly. (Although there were cutouts in IOS 6 - this has been fixed in IOS7)

Does anyone have any comment about the Technics RPDJ1210s. Am I right they are good? Am I right
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #865 of 964
  I'm new to the forum (first post) but I have read this entire 58 page thread, and during the course of that purchased a pair of UE 9000's from JB Hi-fi in Auckland NZ. Retailing at $599 NZ which is about 480 US. I paid 483 NZD which is about $380 US. So, not cheap headphones.
Prior to purchase I compared them in the store with Bose QC 15's and of course was impressed with the ANC of those. I also listened to some B+W P3's and some Sony Momentums. All similar prices maybe dearer. All listening was done wired. .

I've been using a pair of Technic RPDJ1210's (yes headphones not turntables)  
wink.gif

I've always considered these amazing cans, as in really amazing. Does anyone on this forum know them? So so clear, like electrostatics. Sure not for bassheads but well I am not one of those.

So the other cans I tried at the shop were all good possibly better but they didn't have Bluetooth. That's what I wanted, so I bought these.

I'm  struggling to accept that they are good enough and while I appreciate the comfort and the freedom Yeh FREEDOM , did you hear me say freedom, wow that is so cool - the truth is the sound is muddy in the bass and recessed all the way up. Especially if I compare them to the Technics. Even compared to my Kef speakers (Reference Two's) which aren't generally considered particularly lively they (the Logitech cans) are veritably muted in the mid and upper ranges.

So I've had them a few days and I have been adjusting to the sound on BT but its galling to think they could be better if I sacrificed FREEDOM.  

I had noticed a buzz when I was leaning on a pillow, that I could make appear or disappear by leaning back. weird.

Today I started gaming with them - (Need for Speed on the Ipad) and something that I had noticed before became much more apparent. I describe this as some sort of electronic glitch. like a loose wire making a slight crackling noise. I had noticed it in between tracks when listening to music , and also when listening to the radio. It happens  when there is a change in the type of sound being broadcasted and is particularly noticeable when the game intro's and you make your selections (of track, car etc) 
Its only on Bluetooth and I believe it to be the ANC componentry kind of clicking into place.

I've also noticed occasional blackouts of sound for a second or two.

So I think I am going to have to take them back as faulty. I am kind of sad, but for this amount of bucks want the BT to work easily.

I know it can , I quite often drive the Kefs via a Bluetooth device in front of the Denon amp using the IPhone and it works perfectly. (Although there were cutouts in IOS 6 - this has been fixed in IOS7)

Does anyone have any comment about the Technics RPDJ1210s. Am I right they are good? Am I right
smily_headphones1.gif

You mean the sennheiser momentums, right?
Anyways, welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet. Hope you enjoy your new headphones.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #866 of 964
You mean the sennheiser momentums, right?
Anyways, welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet. Hope you enjoy your new headphones.

Yes yes indeed I do mean Sennheiser Momentums , apologies.

And as an update I have decided to keep the UE 9000's. I went back to the JB Hi-fi store and confirmed the 2year replacement guarantee just in case the glitchy ness gets worse.

Truth is I wouldn't know what to replace them with and I am really loving the freedom. Maybe they're sounding better, maybe I have got used to the sound.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #867 of 964
Hey guys, i have been using the v modas m100s for the past year with stock pads and they are not comfy for me at all.  My head is not that big or rather long  and the v modas without extending tend to rest on the upper part of my ears (kinda like pulling down on my ears). 

Somehow i feel the xl pads wont improve the comfort by much ( and some say it reduces the sound quality) ??

I mean right now there is a huge price difference for them like 300 usd vs 90 usd !!!  If i sell my m100s & get the ue 6000 i get to save quite a bit of cash. 

Any advise ???

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #868 of 964
Hi,

I advise you to give the UE6000 a listen first.
It has two distinctly different soundsignatures.
NC off: quite balanced. To much bass to call it neutral. Very good. Works with everything.
NC On: Boost to highs and lows. Bass canons. More sparkle in highs without going sibilant. great fun sound signature. Enjoyable with certain music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back