[Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison
Aug 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #76 of 102
Hi,

I am using Sansa Clip+. From what I heard, clip+ is not capable of producing a digital sound so they is totally no use to get a DAC like d-zero right?
so can i say that for my case, getting e11 for the stronger boost would be beneficial?

And i am currently using Hippo Box+, gift, is e11 better than what I have?

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #77 of 102
The D-zero is a head-amp too - for the price of $100 US - you are looking at a good purchase - just use a mini to mini interconnect...that's what I use if I am connecting to a device that doesn't have a USB or LOD connection...it still will sound much improved...

I just got my D-zero in the post today!!! Yeah - happy...time for burn in...

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #78 of 102
Are you saying that by using the mini-usb to mini-usb I can get my music out to the d-zero directly?

Does it work that way? I rmb clip+ being incapable of doing that.

Or are you talking about just using the amp function of it?

Anyway, can anyone explain why some people would prefer the d42 to the d zero?
I am just a casual user who wish to get something concrete (and future proof?) for a budget price.

If the difference isn't that much, I don't see why do i need to get a d42 if you get what i mean.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #79 of 102
If your sansa clip can't produce digital sound, you'll have to use the amp part of the d-zero with a mini to mini interconnect. Not a USB micro to mini cable. Both cables come in the d-zero box anyway....

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #80 of 102
Oh, serious? I thought that I read somewhere that the connector for the sansa clip+ is purely for data transfer.

If that's that case, I can think about it.

but what do you think about a d42 over a d zero? Is the difference really worth the price difference as well?

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #81 of 102
Are you saying that by using the mini-usb to mini-usb I can get my music out to the d-zero directly?

Does it work that way? I rmb clip+ being incapable of doing that.

Or are you talking about just using the amp function of it?

Anyway, can anyone explain why some people would prefer the d42 to the d zero?
I am just a casual user who wish to get something concrete (and future proof?) for a budget price.

If the difference isn't that much, I don't see why do i need to get a d42 if you get what i mean.

I haven't tried the d42 but the dzero works so fine with me... I like it better than the e11, i don't know but i love it's soundstage and the cleansound it produces... :) but everyone has their own preference

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #82 of 102
Just burning mine in - but I say - sound on the dac is very clean and clear. The amp as a standalone has a slight warmth. Very pleased with this product. Testing with the Shure SE535s

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #83 of 102
I have to say I'm enjoying the amp slightly more than the DAC...perhaps its a shade warmer when using the amp only

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #84 of 102
How about recommendation as an IEM amp, not headphone?

Would you still recommend it?
I am using a Sandisk Clip+ after all, and I am getting a quad driver CIEM.. 

I plan to decrease the number of choices and go ahead and try them when i get my CIEM and also after the exams...

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #87 of 102
Oh.. Just remembered about this..

I am planning to use my Sandisk Clip+ but I remember that Sandisk, at high volumes, is almost a clean digital-like signal...
But D-zero uses an analog volume control which might have channel imbalance if it is too low (from what I have heard.)

Doesn't that mean that I might need to crank the volume up rather loud for the ears?
Or would the E7K be actually similar?

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #90 of 102
  Oh.. Just remembered about this..

I am planning to use my Sandisk Clip+ but I remember that Sandisk, at high volumes, is almost a clean digital-like signal...
But D-zero uses an analog volume control which might have channel imbalance if it is too low (from what I have heard.)

Doesn't that mean that I might need to crank the volume up rather loud for the ears?
Or would the E7K be actually similar?

Sorry I don't know. I haven't had any issue with low volume on the d-zero.

I agree with Syan25--I've run a Clip+ at low volume using the D-zero to amp it, and run the Clip+ at high volume using the D-zero to "limit" it and I haven't had any issues with low volume in either scenario.  Obviously the upper end is louder with the Clip feeding a higher volume, but even running the D-Zero at a low volume with the Clip+ feeding it at a low volume doesn't result in a channel imbalance that I can hear.

Works fantastic with my e260 Sansa, 5.5 Ipod Video and Ipod Mini as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back