[Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison
Mar 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #61 of 102
Quote:
Thanks, hadn't experience that before as well as my J3. try use on low gain and use the volume control on the D zero. seriously the battery life is awesome haven't charge since the last week

Actually, I meant that when the d-zero is connected to the phone to be used as a DAC (USB Audio), it drains the battery of the phone very quickly. I am using the app "USB Audio Recorder Pro"
to play music

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #62 of 102
oh that for sure it drain fast cause your're powering the dac using your phone's battery. anyway as in case you might not know, as for the dac it doesn't power using it's in-build battery. but it just weird that it drain that fast (listening to my d zero with w4r now.♪♪♪♪)
L3000.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #63 of 102
Quote:
oh that for sure it drain fast cause your're powering the dac using your phone's battery. anyway as in case you might not know, as for the dac it doesn't power using it's in-build battery. but it just weird that it drain that fast (listening to my d zero with w4r now.♪♪♪♪)
L3000.gif

That's weird. So the dac uses the phone's battery even if the charging switch is off?

I also pair my d-zero with my westone 4r too!
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #65 of 102
Hi everyone, this is off the topic... But i have bought my d zero without a warranty card but i bought it brand new... And i have only a seven days warranty... Would it be a problem for me? I mean the quality of the build of d zero

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #66 of 102
Based on my experience (which admittedly hasn't been too long) I don't think you'll need the warranty.  Use the heck out of it as much and as soon as you can, though, just to see if there are any "borderline" components...

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #67 of 102
I'm about to get one but please tell me I can get a USB otg cable online. Can't find a store that makes one!

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #72 of 102
Quote:
That's nice to hear... I also got a fiio e11 and lend it to my friend...
smily_headphones1.gif
which one do you like between the two?

That's really hard to say.  I haven't had a chance to do a side-by-side comparison so I don't have a sound-based preference yet.  As far as hardware and design goes I'm old so I do prefer the on-off/volume knob of the E11 over the toggle and recessed wheel implementation on the D-Zero.  Otherwise, though, while the E11 doesn't seem "fragile" at all, the D-Zero feels more solid and robust and the smaller size doesn't seem to compromise on power at all.  Based on all that I tend to lean toward the D-Zero; add in the DAC and it's a fairly solid preference.

I really do like the knob on the E11 a lot, and a bit more time with them to compare the sound might change my mind, but if I had to give up one right now I would be keeping the D-Zero...

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #74 of 102
I'm about to buy the d-zero to work in conjunction with a HTC one phone...I've got my share se535 ready to test them. I bought an otg USB from Forza Audioworks in Poland. Looking forward to putting this ensemble together...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back