[REVIEW] HifiMan RE272 – the Purist
Dec 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #106 of 115
hifiman should bring back 272 , awesome neutral iem.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #108 of 115
i also have re-262 , 262 may seem more 'balanced' soundwise , but 272 is the better iem , hands down

i tried re-400 and found it very mediocre.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #109 of 115
has anyone paired 272 with the new hifiman DAP HM-700 ?

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #111 of 115
almost 3 years after i got them , these are still my favourite IEM

clean,neutral,detailed, no bloated freqs whatsoever - this is like a top model - lean, mean , a true love machine
tongue.gif

hifiman, you owe to the audiophile world a new batch of this baby

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #112 of 115
  I had a D7/P4 for the 272's.  Thought I was making a mistake selling this combo, I've commented using the word sublime before.  Wrong.  Using a concerto as amp, utterly wow.  Just wow, not sure what the magic is, maybe dedicated desktop components, better build quality, w/e it is there is increased resolution and depth.  If you want airy iem's with wonderful depth, re-272 and concerto, u can't go wrong.  Silent on both high and low gain.

Btw, I find that wearing headphones are annoying for long listening sessions and I've owned a the w4's and sm3 v1 and v2's.  Imo, re-272 - utterly transparent.  My own experience of course.  I didn't think iems could get this good, especially at such a price.

3 years running and still madly in love with them - i just went ahead and bought re-600 , i tried it and i loved it ounds like a better,improved re-262

hifiman is my favourite company sound-wise

i hope they release a re-272 v2.0 soon

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #113 of 115
i am selling a new pair of RE-272

this may be the last new pair on Earth
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #115 of 115
Packaging, Accessories and Build Quality

RE272-03.jpg

What not so standard are the three extra extension cables. RE272 has a two-pieces cable design – the earpieces to the stereo plug is only about 75cm, while the extension cable is around 70cm. This adds to a total of 145cm. The reason to use a two-pieces cable design is HifiMan’s solution to avoid the extra adapter needed for the TRRS balanced plug used on RE272 (plus RE262 and RE-ZERO). The extension cable itself acts as the adapters, and all you need to do is to use the right extension cable for the jobs. One cable is for normal stereo source; another one is for balanced TRRS source (such as the HM801 with balanced amp module); the last one is the reversed normal plug – this is for those of you who want to wear the RE272 upside-down for over-the-ear style and don’t feel like listening to the wrong channel (right for left / left for right). This is really a smart and elegant move for HifiMan to address all the problems related to its earlier models with the TRRS plug and wearing style by simply giving the user their own choice of cable.

The different cable that allows RE272 to be used with balanced and single-end output.

the gray cable is the one that is for use with balanced sources , right ?

i think i can use my re272 balanced with my zx2 dap , as i think they have the same balanced termination/configuration with hifiman daps

btw , if anyone here has this grey/balanced TRRS to TRRS cable for a re272 that he doesn't use and just sits idle with you - i want to buy it so please pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back