REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Dec 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #391 of 1,534

Quote:
Alright, to shuffle through all your songs you have to enable the "tracks" option in the main menu. At first songs from the SD Card didn't come up but after "updating media file" all the songs came up, both on board flash and SD card songs. 

Thanks! It seems to work now but the tags don't properly show up like when I play just by folder. I'm only able to see the track name instead of the artist as well. Is that the case with you?

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #392 of 1,534

Quote:
I could be wrong, I thought the 601 only read 16 bit FLAC, and the 801 could handle 24 bit.
Quote:
?  It is on the 602.  I can't play my 24/88.2 on the 602 as DAP but can as USB DAC.  No idea why.  Yes, 5.1 DVD-Audio has had problems.

The 60x DAC downsamples 24bit to 16bit so you can listen to 24bit.  Whether you lose anything along the way is a question for the science forum.

Dec 28, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #393 of 1,534
I've now had the player for a few days and love the sound that I'm getting with it, not too dark with the SM3's and excellent clarity. I'm not waiting for my Kingston 32gb sdhc card to come and fingers crossed that it works ok. I am having problems with some flac files that I've created using dbpoweramp. A lot of time, the tracks aren't listed in the right order, which is a problem that I've not encountered before and sometimes, the album isn't located under Artists or Album, but is there under Tracks.

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #394 of 1,534
24/48 tracks works fine. Battery life is about 7-8hrs for me. Unfortunately i broke my Re-zeroes by accident 
mad.gif
. The right side metal can broke exposing the wires. Not sure how it is happened as i have placed it securely in my bag. I should have used the IEM box.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #395 of 1,534

Quote:
I've now had the player for a few days and love the sound that I'm getting with it, not too dark with the SM3's and excellent clarity. I'm not waiting for my Kingston 32gb sdhc card to come and fingers crossed that it works ok. I am having problems with some flac files that I've created using dbpoweramp. A lot of time, the tracks aren't listed in the right order, which is a problem that I've not encountered before and sometimes, the album isn't located under Artists or Album, but is there under Tracks.

I name my files with the track number first without any issue however I've found that looking up by Artists or Album is not very accurate so I took that out of the menu pretty fast. I typically listen by album but I've found out that I can play all my tracks recently so will be doing one or the other.

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #400 of 1,534
I eventually found out that a setting that I was using was causing the problems, dbpoweramp was inserting the band name, before the track number and title, so with some tweaking, it's all good now.  Cheers.

Quote:
Quote:

I name my files with the track number first without any issue however I've found that looking up by Artists or Album is not very accurate so I took that out of the menu pretty fast. I typically listen by album but I've found out that I can play all my tracks recently so will be doing one or the other.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #401 of 1,534
I have a question to those who have their tags set up properly. Do you have the track title and the artist name? I usually just get the file name and extension so wondering if that was normal or not. Usually this wouldn't be an issue but I've recently discovered that I could shuffle all my songs and just about all are just the file name and extension and I'd prefer the title and artist and want to know if that's possible.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #402 of 1,534
Ugh guys I'm having problems with it already and I just received it.
When I connect the player to the computer via the usb cable, it goes into the usb storage mode for a like 10 seconds, then goes back to the main menu.
It won't let me drag and drop anything =(

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #403 of 1,534
Quote:
Ugh guys I'm having problems with it already and I just received it.
When I connect the player to the computer via the usb cable, it goes into the usb storage mode for a like 10 seconds, then goes back to the main menu.
It won't let me drag and drop anything =(

Probably the USB driver on the PC isn't setup correctly. Try reset the HM601 before connecting it to PC.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #404 of 1,534
Ok I just tried on my desktop which runs Windows XP, and it works fine, but on this laptop which runs Windows 7, it just doesn't work!

And yup ClieOS I tried that, but it doesn't work. Thanks though

Edit:Sometimes it works, then goes to the main menu after maybe 15 seconds

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #405 of 1,534
Probably is Win7 issue. When I first got my HM602, I have the same problem on Vista, so I uninstall the USB driver and let the system reinstall it automatically, since then everything works fine. Also, you might want to try different USB port and cable, just to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back