REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Dec 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #421 of 1,534
I've just put in the Kingston 32gb SDHC card and it was detected fine and I'm now transferring 24gb of FLAC files over, but it's going to take about 5 hours (1.4mbps), which is ridiculously slow and according to the Kingston website, there should be a 4mbps transfer rate minimum. Is this normal for the player, or could the card be dodgy?

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #423 of 1,534
Quote:
I've just put in the Kingston 32gb SDHC card and it was detected fine and I'm now transferring 24gb of FLAC files over, but it's going to take about 5 hours (1.4mbps), which is ridiculously slow and according to the Kingston website, there should be a 4mbps transfer rate minimum. Is this normal for the player, or could the card be dodgy?

The writing speed is determined by both the card and the writer, which I think you should get yourself a SDHC compatible writer instead of relying on internal write, which isn't particularly fast - though I do think it is a bit longer than usual in your case.

Quote:
Head-Direct Customer Service told me that charging of the HM601 takes 12 hours, for your info. 

I pretty sure it only takes 2~3 hours (probably less) last time I charged mine.

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #424 of 1,534
If you're talking about transferring while it's in the player, it's probably normal.  Devices usually don't transfer for crap, you need to get a card reader to see any decent speeds.

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #426 of 1,534
After a couple of hours, I found out that most of the files hadn't transferred, although the space was used up on the card, so I had to reformat it and I'm now transferring them over an album at a time, jeez!!! I've now ordered a reader, so things should be a bit easier I hope, cheers. 

Just found out that transferring them over one at a time was working fine with all the tracks going over, but now the folders are all empty, but Windows says the space has been used, the player doesn't pick them up either, well confused now.

Dec 31, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #427 of 1,534
I believe the HM601 only recognizes files which are supported.
 In other words, if you use the wrong file extension this file will not show on the SD card in the MP3 player itself.

*However, I only have transffered files to my SD card (to the HM601) one or two times. So I'm not 100% sure about it.

Dec 31, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #428 of 1,534

Quote:
 In other words, if you use the wrong file extension this file will not show on the SD card in the MP3 player itself.

*However, I only have transffered files to my SD card (to the HM601) one or two times. So I'm not 100% sure about it.

They're all flac files mate, so shouldn't be a problem.  What card do you have mate?

I have a feeling that buying it from the Bay could be the problem, you think I'd have learned my lesson after buying some fake IE7's, but I'll wait until the reader turns up first.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #429 of 1,534

Quote:

That is not correct. My sdhc card has hidden folders (at least under linux) as well as other hidden files that it automatically creates and none of which are audio files and they all show up when browsing through the 601.

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #430 of 1,534
Oh dear it doesn't work anymore.
And I've tried to install and uninstall, using different USB ports, restarting the computer, and restting the HM-601 ...
Blah.

Quote:
USB driver is inside the Device Manager in your control panel (should be under System and Maintenance). Open the device manager up before you connect the 601 in (since you only get 10 seconds to do it). Plug in the HM601 and the driver should appear under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, as Mass Storage Class Device, double click, choose the Driver tab and select uninstall. Once the uninstall is done, disconnect the device, restart, then plug it back and Windows will try to install the driver back automatically. Wait for it to be done.

Also, do remember to remove your SD card from HM601 before trying anything.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #431 of 1,534
Seems like you will be better off with a SD card reader.

Quote:
Oh dear it doesn't work anymore.
And I've tried to install and uninstall, using different USB ports, restarting the computer, and restting the HM-601 ...
Blah.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #433 of 1,534
So my HM601 arrived today. With much joy. But as soon as I turn it on and press a button, I get no response. Frozen Screen. It's now been on for about an hour and I have no idea how to turn it off.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #434 of 1,534

Quote:
So my HM601 arrived today. With much joy. But as soon as I turn it on and press a button, I get no response. Frozen Screen. It's now been on for about an hour and I have no idea how to turn it off.

Paper clip in the reset hole.  Or plug it into USB.

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #435 of 1,534

Quote:
how many files can the 601 read? mine tops at 4095 mostly mp3 files btw...

No idea. I have less than 500 files with 10GB (8GB sdhc card and 2GB internal) so won't reach anywhere near those amount of files however if that's the limit one would assume its 4096 and not 4095 but that's something else. If you can't access any additional music files then you have reached the max.

I think most who are using the player won't be using mostly mp3 files (well at least I'm not). Most of my files are flac 16/44.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back