[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Mar 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,306 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only slightly different. For some it brings an improvement in sound. You might like it. =]

Ratshack has 'em? And for $8? Crud. I got mine for $10 off of a US-based eBayer. Using them on my Turbine Pros, though.

Improvement? Meh. Less bass impact for sure. I don't use them on the RE0 any more.

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #1,307 of 2,011
Got my ER0 today.

Have to say, nice and balanced. I listened them in a library for few hours while studying. The sound doesn't stress ears with orchestral nor metal recordings, and that's great for background listening. This is mainly because ER0 doesn't have powerful bass or loud highs.

I just removed foam from the nozzle and I think it brightened the sound a bit, so it might not be so relaxing and easy to listen. I will test them tomorrow if I should put them back.

I'll be burning them in for a week and see if the sound changes. Out of the box the sound is quite impressive with its balance and detail. I have the Meier Move but with quick testing I think the sound doesn't improve enough compared to my laptop hp-out that I would start carrying the amp with me. This is a very nice feature since I don't recall hearing better sounding headphone that can be run decently without an amp.

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #1,308 of 2,011
Yeh I just got my RE0s today as well and my opinion is a little different.

Personally I dont notice the difference between the RE0s and stock Zune headphones. I'm gonna have to keep listening to them but I wasnt extremely impressed out of the box. The cord is also very flimsy and annoying to manage.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #1,309 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeh I just got my RE0s today as well and my opinion is a little different.

Personally I dont notice the difference between the RE0s and stock Zune headphones. I'm gonna have to keep listening to them but I wasnt extremely impressed out of the box. The cord is also very flimsy and annoying to manage.

I had the same opinion when I got mine. Give them some time and they really grow. Unfortunately the cord doesn't burn in, so it's still the same after 3 months of use.
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #1,310 of 2,011
I love the sound of the RE0, with an amp. I set me P2 on the second bass boost setting and they sound amazing. If only I could find an IEM that sounded like that without a amp
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #1,311 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I dont notice the difference between the RE0s and stock Zune headphones.

Well, I had exactly the same feeling. I was expecting too much of a difference between the Zune earphones and the RE0s.

I have burned my RE0s for approximately 50+ hours now and listening to 192-320kbps mp3s. There is a big day night difference now. Bass is more punchy...its fast and very detailed..
High's are extremely impressive....

Listening to prodigy soundtracks..and man...it sounds way to0 awesome...everything is balanced...you can hear each and every instrument with clarity.
I am mighty impressed, can't wait to cross 100+hrs on them.
beyersmile.png

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #1,312 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Improvement? Meh. Less bass impact for sure. I don't use them on the RE0 any more.

That's what some people said. I personally didn't hear an improvement. Heck, i couldn't put my finger on what the difference was, but I feel the stock tips are better.

Mar 13, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #1,313 of 2,011
After getting my warranty replacement set, I noticed something rather strange about it. This set of RE0's sounds fine and all, but it has a fabric cable (2nd version) and a right-angle plug (3rd version). Has anyone else recieved a pair like this? I actually like the fabric cable and wanted a right-angle plug, so maybe they read my mind.

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #1,317 of 2,011
xD I doubt he meant me. xD

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #1,318 of 2,011
Well in that case let me say that i cant make a judgement at this time.

Theyre good headphones and all but i'm not enough of an audiophile to tell the difference between these and my old Zune's. I'll have to break them in further and listen to more music; right now i hardly listen to much to be honest.

I'll report back here in a month. By then i'll have the Monster Coppers as well so i can make that comparison as well.

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #1,319 of 2,011
Yes I did mean max pl. :p. Alright well if you can't tell the difference, why would you get the Monster Coppers? Wouldn't that be a waste of money? Maybe you could tell more of a difference with an amp or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back