[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Mar 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #1,291 of 2,011
The small clear RE0 bi-flanges are superior in SQ to the high quality Sony hybrid clones I have. Clearer highs, otherwise they're about the same. My clear bi-flanges fall off of everything though, so I just use the hybrids.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #1,292 of 2,011
I prefer the sound of the bi-flanges also. But they bug my ears so I always end up back at the Hybrids. I am also getting tired of carrying around my Amp. I might just deal with the sound of the RE0 unamped.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #1,293 of 2,011
i keep going back to the pl30 foams, despite being a bit "chilled out" compared to the bi flanges (also bother me just a bit), i'll have to grab some hybrids as everyone seems to have em for their re0's. how exactaly are they different from the stock single flanges? i should stop asking questions and just go spend the 8 bucks at wackshaq

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #1,294 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the sound of the bi-flanges also. But they bug my ears so I always end up back at the Hybrids. I am also getting tired of carrying around my Amp. I might just deal with the sound of the RE0 unamped.

Try the Meelec M11 Bi- flanges. I had the same prob with the small RE0 bi-flanges. The Meelec ones are a little smaller and a bit softer. I have no probs with them for comfort. Just get the M11 tip set $4.95usd from meelec.com

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #1,295 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdaigle240 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i keep going back to the pl30 foams, despite being a bit "chilled out" compared to the bi flanges (also bother me just a bit), i'll have to grab some hybrids as everyone seems to have em for their re0's. how exactaly are they different from the stock single flanges? i should stop asking questions and just go spend the 8 bucks at wackshaq

Only slightly different. For some it brings an improvement in sound. You might like it. =]

Ratshack has 'em? And for $8? Crud. I got mine for $10 off of a US-based eBayer. Using them on my Turbine Pros, though.

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #1,296 of 2,011
smily_headphones1.gif

Sony® Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black) - RadioShack.com

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #1,298 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by StonedAge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anywhere to get a replacement set of the large bi-flange tips? just lost one of mine on the bus the other day

Head-Direct.com | YUIN $15 + $5 shipping for two more sets. Pretty expensive, but then they are nice tips.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #1,300 of 2,011
i wanted to buy large bi-flange tips for my RE0 but it was going to cost me $15 + $15 postage to Australia.
Im now using meelec medium biflanges as i wasnt going to pay $30 for 2 pairs of tips and 10 filters i have no use for.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #1,301 of 2,011
DAMNIT! less then a month and im gettin a crackel on overdriven guitar riffs, not all, but on some tracks, very noticable while on low volume. these are the same tracks ive been listening to all along too. ive tried multiple sources, recordings, cd's, and sometimes, i just hear it..... now that im "looking for it" its driving me nuts. i dunno if ill make it more then a few days on pl30s

is there an audio test to check the drivers to be sure? ill listen for a few more days before i make any moves i guess

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #1,302 of 2,011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back