[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Mar 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #1,261 of 2,011
The bass on the RE0 really depends on where you are coming from. I can see people being satisfied and some people wanting more. Before I got the RE0 I had iem's such as ER6i, E4, E3, etc where my bassiest (if you can call it that) iem was the E4 so I enjoyed it when I had them. If you came from more bassy stuff like what I would imagine the Senn IE series to be or something with a more bassy signature then they probably would not give you the bass you want.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #1,262 of 2,011
i love the bass, im comming from garbage ear buds and pounding car stereos. i like pounding bass in my living room and my car, not my ear hole. i dont even flick the bass button on the E5 very often at all. i love the definition, the bass is so finite and chizzled into the production. you can single out the instruments with ease as their all so seperatly detailed. listening to songs ive seen in person the sound reproduction just seems so correct and accurate. if you want "fun" go fly a kite, i want to hear what the artist intended for me to hear.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #1,263 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdaigle240 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love the bass, im comming from garbage ear buds and pounding car stereos. i like pounding bass in my living room and my car, not my ear hole. i dont even flick the bass button on the E5 very often at all. i love the definition, the bass is so finite and chizzled into the production. you can single out the instruments with ease as their all so seperatly detailed. listening to songs ive seen in person the sound reproduction just seems so correct and accurate. if you want "fun" go fly a kite, i want to hear what the artist intended for me to hear.

Its nice to know you've got it dead right

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #1,264 of 2,011
I think the mids and highs are slightly smoother and more defined. I'm surprised that they continue to improve with time and use. I thought they settled down after about 200 hours or so. They should be between 500-800 hours now. That's an excessive burn-in period, i think, but any further improvements are welcome. =]

[rant]I forgot what I was listening to earlier today, but the deep low bass was so strong, I felt the low rumble in my jaw joint, lol. I think it was Albinoni's Adagio for Strings and Organ, or some game track. Surprised me a bit that it was out of my ipod rig to boot. My desktop amp/dac is the one with the deeper bass.[/rant]

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #1,265 of 2,011
Ive done over 200 - 300 hrs now and i like how the mid and highs have smoothed out a bit. Im very happy with them now. I dont think there will be much more change to them from here on (unless they break
eek.gif
)

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #1,266 of 2,011
I've came in this thread the other day and said that the Alessandro MS1 were an upgrade over the RE0. Well you can slap me across the face with a salmon because I was out of my god-damn mind. After a couple weeks my MS1 are now collecting dust.

I'm picking up my AD900 from the post-office today so let's see how this one goes ;D

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #1,267 of 2,011
Hi there, just sharing my enthusiasm for the RE0's. Ordered from head direct on saturday evening, arrived in the UK early Tuesday afternoon!
Awesome sound, just listening to John Fahey now,the acoustic guitar on my ksc75's sound very thin now in comparison, and my old Shure se210's sound like...well I wont even go there.
Slightly concerned about how fragile these look ( I didn't recieve the braided version), I've just ordered some pl30's to use at work cos Im worried these delicate jewels wouldn't survive too long in my line of work.

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #1,268 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkmoon1972 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, just sharing my enthusiasm for the RE0's. Ordered from head direct on saturday evening, arrived in the UK early Tuesday afternoon!
Awesome sound, just listening to John Fahey now,the acoustic guitar on my ksc75's sound very thin now in comparison, and my old Shure se210's sound like...well I wont even go there.
Slightly concerned about how fragile these look ( I didn't recieve the braided version), I've just ordered some pl30's to use at work cos Im worried these delicate jewels wouldn't survive too long in my line of work.

I think this new version is pretty rugged looking (metal case and all)
The braided version was a previous version and was more microphonic from what i've read in some threads.
IMO these IEMs just keep getting better (give them 100 hours or so).
happy_face1.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #1,269 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulypaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this new version is pretty rugged looking (metal case and all)
The braided version was a previous version and was more microphonic from what i've read in some threads.
IMO these IEMs just keep getting better (give them 100 hours or so).
happy_face1.gif

I guess they are more rugged than they look, and such good value I might even order a second pair as backup.
All I need now is a phone than combines the clarity, detail and naturalness of the RE0, the soundstage of the ath ad-700 and the bass impact of the K518dj . Ssslippery slope
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #1,270 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkmoon1972 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same here, except i was concerned about gym use. turns out the PL30 is indeed balanced and transparent/natural in its presentation, BUT, and a big BUT, the lack of clarity and sparkle (in comparison) down right irritates me. I think im going to grab some Radiopaq Classicals (~$45) for the gym on the reccomendation of several well respected members. i cant complain though, i got the PL30 E5 combo, so i saved $8-10 on the amp and got atleast another $10 worth of case and tips which fit the re0. I havent had my RE0s more then 2-3 weeks but they probably have well over 150hrs on them, i dont feel they are particularly dilicate, i just feel taking them to the gym is like gambleing, eventually your going to loose.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #1,271 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've came in this thread the other day and said that the Alessandro MS1 were an upgrade over the RE0. Well you can slap me across the face with a salmon because I was out of my god-damn mind. After a couple weeks my MS1 are now collecting dust.

You had me worried there. I was thinking about buying the REO. I've had the MS1 as my first "real" headphone and thought they were waaay too bright. My ears thanked me when I quickly sold them.

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #1,272 of 2,011
The RE0's casing will split before breaking. Apply some Krazy glue and it's back in business. Otherwise it's built like a Tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You had me worried there. I was thinking about buying the REO. I've had the MS1 as my first "real" headphone and thought they were waaay too bright. My ears thanked me when I quickly sold them.

The RE0 will definitely please your ears, it's very polite all around.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #1,274 of 2,011
Try a different browser? They ship international with good rates too.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #1,275 of 2,011
Shipping was $10,- to The Netherlands, UK should not difference much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back