Dec 18, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #946 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, that's exactly what I said.

LOL

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #947 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBreezer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just returned a pair of Klipsch Image S4s due to high sibilance and easily distorted bass. My attention has now turned to the Shure SE530s. I prefer a warm, bass-responsive IEM, but also wish to hear the higher frequencies without fatiguing sibilance. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you have the budget for SE530 then read the Ortofon e-Q7 threads before you buy.

Dec 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #949 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, that's exactly what I said.

Sorry -- I hit the quote button on the wrong post! Thought I was quoting a previous post on type of cord for the RE0.

So, another post (albeit worthless) in favor of the RE0!!

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #950 of 2,011
is head-direct/hifiman RE0 the same?

Dec 19, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #953 of 2,011
Quote:

Are REOs a good option for consideration since I'm seeking good bass response an overall good dynamic range? If so, which model? Thanks!

The Hippo VB would be a better option if you want real deep bass. They cost the same, $79. The RE0 have a bit more refined treble, the VB have a better bass response.

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #954 of 2,011
Beats by Dr. Dre Monster vs. REO?

I have long been seeking a pair of in-ear phones which would produce amazing bass without distortion. Yes, I am a bass-head indeed; however, I still wanted to be able to reasonably hear the upper range. After trying the Klipsch S4s, Bose In-Ears, Creative EP-630s, Shure SE530s, I decided to try a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre Monster in-ear phones.

The Beats, by far and away, provided THE BEST bass response I've ever heard on a pair of in-ear cans. However, that bass comes at a cost. I'm not hearing as much clarity or crispness in the upper range, but it is tolerable when EQed. The Beats, for me, provide the most bass of any in-ear phones I've ever heard and come closest to the bass produced by over-the-ear headphones. They weren't cheap costing $150.00. At this point, I'm sampling them to see if they are the pair I will keep. The bass produced by these cans is simply amazing. They do not distort easily. I wish I could find a pair of in-ears that would produce the phenomenal bass that these do, but also enable me to hear the rest of the upper range.

I'm curious what others have to say about these ear phones since I think a buck fifty might have been a bit too much for phones that really deliver mostly bass...and plenty of it.

Dec 20, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #956 of 2,011
basshead for RE0? i say look elsewhere. however when i hear basshead i think of atrios for some reason

Dec 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #957 of 2,011
Quote:

Beats by Dr. Dre Monster vs. REO?

I have long been seeking a pair of in-ear phones which would produce amazing bass without distortion. Yes, I am a bass-head indeed; however, I still wanted to be able to reasonably hear the upper range. After trying the Klipsch S4s, Bose In-Ears, Creative EP-630s, Shure SE530s, I decided to try a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre Monster in-ear phones.

The Beats, by far and away, provided THE BEST bass response I've ever heard on a pair of in-ear cans. However, that bass comes at a cost. I'm not hearing as much clarity or crispness in the upper range, but it is tolerable when EQed. The Beats, for me, provide the most bass of any in-ear phones I've ever heard and come closest to the bass produced by over-the-ear headphones. They weren't cheap costing $150.00. At this point, I'm sampling them to see if they are the pair I will keep. The bass produced by these cans is simply amazing. They do not distort easily. I wish I could find a pair of in-ears that would produce the phenomenal bass that these do, but also enable me to hear the rest of the upper range.

I'm curious what others have to say about these ear phones since I think a buck fifty might have been a bit too much for phones that really deliver mostly bass...and plenty of it.

If you are bass head, look elsewhere. The REOs are not for you.

Dec 20, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #958 of 2,011
Thanks all. As I've mentioned before, I've long been an audio enthusiast - I say "audio enthusiast" since I know I'm in the company of people far more knowledgeable than I am in the world of IEMs and audio components in general. So, I defer humbly to the members here. I've received some great suggestions in private messages which I will follow up, so happy holidays to all and happy listening!

Dec 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #960 of 2,011
And now the sound is back in both but the sound is just dark muddy and congested
Seriously what's up with those iems????!!!

Edit:now the right is back to being half as lound and the sound is still weirdly dark and bassy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back