[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Dec 29, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #1,996 of 2,011

New toy effect

Don't worry Spurxiii, I believe you. 

I agree separation for a dynamic based earphone is right up there, also their coherency, enough to leave me scratching my head a little for the $40 I handed over next to some other earphones I've heard in the $200 price range. You know... I was speaking to a member who paid $260 for RE0 when it first released years ago. These truly are a fabulous sounding IEM, if not a little dry sounding, the detail and value we're getting for our $40 is to some extent unheard of in audio purchases. Using my Studio V 3rd Anv, they truly sound like something worth about $200 still, I have heard some samples beneath layering I've never heard before on some Metallica tracks, or another example the coherency with my acoustic albums, I hear guitars strumming much clearer sounding coherent than many other earphones I've heard. I really love my new RE0. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #1,997 of 2,011
Don't worry Spurxiii, I believe you. 

I agree separation for a dynamic based earphone is right up there, also their coherency, enough to leave me scratching my head a little for the $40 I handed over next to some other earphones I've heard in the $200 price range. You know... I was speaking to a member who paid $260 for RE0 when it first released years ago. These truly are a fabulous sounding IEM, if not a little dry sounding, the detail and value we're getting for our $40 is to some extent unheard of in audio purchases. Using my Studio V 3rd Anv, they truly sound like something worth about $200 still, I have heard some samples beneath layering I've never heard before on some Metallica tracks, or another example the coherency with my acoustic albums, I hear guitars strumming much clearer sounding coherent than many other earphones I've heard. I really love my new RE0. 

You're right. There are sounds I hear out if these I've never heard before out if all my other IEMs. I'm loving them at the moment. It's amazing for $40 it's ridiculous

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #1,998 of 2,011
I'm listening to my music again, seeing if I can pick up sounds and things in the background I couldn't hear before. This is great

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #1,999 of 2,011
40$ ? deal of the decade imo

(i managed to get a like new RE-262 for 50$ , but this was a once-in-a-lifetime thing on a trade thing)

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2,000 of 2,011
I think it's still available from Headphonic

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #2,002 of 2,011
As far as I know Headphonic is the only place. I'm not sure if they ship overseas

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #2,003 of 2,011
Having a late session with RE0 and my Rocco BA, Everytime I try them these little buggers impress the hell out of me. The amount of detail and treble extension is like we stole them for $40. I have a vocal track I test using Maria Mena which only my RDB v1 Mini hybrid and the original 1plus2 can extend her voice when she hits this particular high note on a track, which really grinds and digs in. cheaper iems or my full size Yamaha studio monitors dont pick up this detail, yet these RE0 detect it and push it out like little champions.

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #2,004 of 2,011
@H20Fidelity I'm finding the same. The separation and detail retrieval is out of this world for $40.

BTW, I'm thinkking of getting a portable and looking between the Sony MDR-7520 and the Yamaha MT220. Have you had any issues with the Yammies? I think I'm leaning towards them more due to what's been written about the better soundstage. Did you try before you bought it?

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #2,005 of 2,011
At $40 that's an amazing price. When I had mine a few years ago I think I bought it at $99 and found it was a great deal then. 

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #2,006 of 2,011
@H20Fidelity
 I'm finding the same. The separation and detail retrieval is out of this world for $40.

BTW, I'm thinkking of getting a portable and looking between the Sony MDR-7520 and the Yamaha MT220. Have you had any issues with the Yammies? I think I'm leaning towards them more due to what's been written about the better soundstage. Did you try before you bought it?

Yamaha MT-220 and I have a strange relationship together. I'll send you a PM explaining why.

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #2,008 of 2,011
  DAYUM. They sound pretty freaking good, way better than I remembered! The clarity is outstanding, wow
Seperation, imaging, god dayum.
...And at $40. Best value ever.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back