[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Dec 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,981 of 2,011

Haha, I was actually there looking at some DAP's for someone giving a recommendation and thought I'd hover around and check out some items.

There they were! I've owned a pair in the past but not since a few nice source upgrades, so more than welcome back.

I agree they sounded great when I had them, I never found the treble as detailed as people say on that pair though.

Lets meet back here when they arrive and get this party started. 
wink_face.gif

Yeah I can't wait. I wonder if any other headfiers in Oz have seen it. You think they're making them again? Apparently comes with full warranty and compliment of tips. I actually saw the phones at headphonic about a week ago, but I was on my way to a Carnival cruise leaving Sydney on Friday 13 December, so I saw the RE0s at headphonic on the Thursday. I thought I'd wait til I got back on 21 December before I ordered. 

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,982 of 2,011
  Yeah I can't wait. I wonder if any other headfiers in Oz have seen it. You think they're making them again? Apparently comes with full warranty and compliment of tips. I actually saw the phones at headphonic about a week ago, but I was on my way to a Carnival cruise leaving Sydney on Friday 13 December, so I saw the RE0s at headphonic on the Thursday. I thought I'd wait til I got back on 21 December before I ordered. 

Well, I just received shipping confirmation and tracking number so any hints me thinking they might of been stocked in error are gone. Hopefully not long after Christmas. :)

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #1,983 of 2,011

Well, I just received shipping confirmation and tracking number so any hints me thinking they might of been stocked in error are gone. Hopefully not long after Christmas. :)

Yay I got mine also. The tracking says its already in Sydney since 9.24 this morning but no delivery yet.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #1,984 of 2,011
Mine arrived about 20 minutes ago, there's no packaging, just wrapped in bubble wrap, I woke up went to the door plugged them straight into my studio v 3rd Anv and what a sound! Beautiful start to the morning. :)

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #1,985 of 2,011
Mine arrived about 20 minutes ago, there's no packaging, just wrapped in bubble wrap, I woke up went to the door plugged them straight into my studio v 3rd Anv and what a sound! Beautiful start to the morning. :)

You lucky person. No sign of mine yet. My ears a tingling in anticipation

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,988 of 2,011
On board for delivery. Hope I get it today

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #1,992 of 2,011
Woohoo, they came

Couldn't wait and popped them into my ear. Straight out of the packaging, it sounds much more lively than the RE400s but I think this will smooth out a bit with some burn in. I didn't use and of the tips it came with, the RE400 small bi-flange seems to fit me. I'll compare it to the RE400s which is what I expected them to sound like. Its kind of similar but I like the RE0s much more. They sound better than my memory, but perhaps its because previously I was using it out of an iphone. The highs extend much further than the RE400s and the separation seems a lot better but the mids are less forward. Some say the RE400s mids are too forward so if you like it pulled back a notch the RE0s are it. The bass of the RE0s are slightly less extended both in the mid bass and the lower bass but it sounds more tight and in control. The RE0s aren't so good for EDM but for vocals, guitars and anything with some singing in it, Wow. This is what I wanted my RE400s to sound like.

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #1,993 of 2,011
  Straight out of the packaging, it sounds much more lively than the RE400s ... Wow. This is what I wanted my RE400s to sound like.

What a placebo effect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back