[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Feb 18, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #1,171 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it just sounds like static, but I don‘t think it really is. Seems to come from abrupt changes in air pressure/temperature (i.e. compressing/decompressing air).

RE0s have a VERY detailed presentation; they reveal the good with the bad, whether it's microphonics, computer noise, power or connection issues
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #1,173 of 2,011
Crackel?

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #1,174 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulypaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That really sounds like its a connection thing.
If not the cables then the plug or the socket on the pc.
I had the left driver go soft on me yesterday when i was trying out new tips.
Only lasted a second but happened twice and has'nt happened again.
I hope is was just the positioning of the tips in my ears that cause it and hope it wasn't the RE0s.
These intermittent things can be a bitch sometimes.

It does sound like a connection thing, and I've tried jiggling every plug with no result. I've decided that it's only when listening on the PC so I'm just going to accept it and maybe do a few more experiments but assume the headphones aren't defective. I've had them hooked up to the PC a lot for burning in but most of my listening will be via iPod so it's okay.

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #1,178 of 2,011
If we're talking about albums, I think that the Metal Gear Solid 4 original soundtrack sounds fantastic on my RE0s. Probably the most impressive thing I've listened to with them so far.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #1,179 of 2,011
I was very disappointed how the following song sounds on RE0. RE0 sounds too flat and uninvolving here, unable to portray all of the wonderful dynamics that this recording possesses. My Ortofon e-Q7 plays this piece way, way better! Not sure what the problem is. Perhaps RE0 just needs more juice.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #1,180 of 2,011
I still can't pick tips, the bi flange reveal the highs and mids beautifully but there is almost no bass at all. The black tips give it a more balanced sound but IMO it does loose some of the sparkle that makes the REO sound so good. They have about 25-30 hours of burn in, is the bass really going to change that much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What, shiz uses bravehart too. i hate and loath that film. if mel ever goes back to stirling im sure hed get lynched in the streets

Calm down man, just saying the music made for the film sounds good.
beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #1,181 of 2,011
Give it some time with the black tips. IMO they're the best silicone tips I've tried yet all around. No tip will actually mask clarity, just reduce treble. If you get used to them you'll hear it all again (I promise
tongue.gif
).

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #1,183 of 2,011
To each his own I guess. Have you tried sony hybrids?

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #1,185 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To each his own I guess. Have you tried sony hybrids?

x2 on the hybrids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back