[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Jul 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #256 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by delonicdevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok this is gonna sound a little stupid. but how long's the summer? i live in Singapore where it is summer everyday =)

Yeah same here in CA, but I think they mean the generally-accepted summer months of June, July, August.

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #257 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by delonicdevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok this is gonna sound a little stupid. but how long's the summer? i live in Singapore where it is summer everyday =)

The sale price may be around a while. The EF-1 amp is still sale priced at $299. The sale started 1/29/09 in honor of Chinese New Year. Regular price was $399.

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #258 of 2,011
I can't wait to hear my RE0 with the EF2
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #259 of 2,011
it may be jus me but I tried over the back of the ear fitting for the first time this morning..I noticed I could push them much deeper into my canal. Previous the only tip I could get a seal with was complys, now currently using the small bi-flanges which sound better than the complys defo..once a decent seal is made they're amazing and the bass sounds spot on - smash tv by chase and status blew me away.
pink noised them for about 28hrs now also..makes a big difference. Female vocals are so good, I turn to you by christina aguileria-a-a-a-a sounds brill

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #260 of 2,011
I got a chance to hear the RE3 yesterday. With the new body style, I can not get the earpiece into the ear canal as far, thus, could not get a good seal. The RE0 is still the Top dog in my eyes. I also heard the TOL Koss yesterday, it has NOTHING on the RE0. so, I am proud to say, that I have the best IEM on the market, ah thank you.

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #262 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered. =) Can't wait. How long did it take you guys?

Depends on where you're located. Across the US takes 3-5 business days.

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #266 of 2,011
Hey Guys,

Just want to give a shout out for this site and everyone's input. I made a decision to get the RE0's based on this thread and I just opened them up. All I can say is WOW! I've never had a good pair of buds and I finally decided to get some decent ones. I only wanted to spend $50 bucks, but I figured I might as well get a step up and spend $100. I'm glad I did. Seriously, these things sound amazing. I've been listening for only 5 minutes now, but I like them so much I had to get on here and report. Thanks again!
L3000.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #267 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by GzusReigns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys,

Just want to give a shout out for this site and everyone's input. I made a decision to get the RE0's based on this thread and I just opened them up. All I can say is WOW! I've never had a good pair of buds and I finally decided to get some decent ones. I only wanted to spend $50 bucks, but I figured I might as well get a step up and spend $100. I'm glad I did. Seriously, these things sound amazing. I've been listening for only 5 minutes now, but I like them so much I had to get on here and report. Thanks again!
L3000.gif

Cool, not sure I've ever seen anyone register and post after making their purchasing decision. Says a lot about the wealth of information on here. Enjoy the RE0's
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #268 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, not sure I've ever seen anyone register and post after making their purchasing decision. Says a lot about the wealth of information on here. Enjoy the RE0's
ksc75smile.gif

Haha, I wonder how many people made a purchase without ever posting at all. There's enough info on here for people to make a purchase and go on with their happy lives without ever posting. I just like them so much I had to come back and say thanks. Remember the parable of the 10 lepers, only one came back to say thanks!
beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #269 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by GzusReigns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys,

L3000.gif

nice going
smily_headphones1.gif
now burn em in for 50ish hours and you'll like em even more!
still upset about not being able to get a comfortable seal on mine, never had issues with other IEM's
frown.gif
the complys work great but take a bit of SQ away imo, bi-flanges go in deeeep if I do the over the ear but the left ear is mighty uncomfortable. I'm gonna order some of the bi-flanges from Mark's sig see if they make a difference

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #270 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice going
smily_headphones1.gif
now burn em in for 50ish hours and you'll like em even more!
still upset about not being able to get a comfortable seal on mine, never had issues with other IEM's
frown.gif
the complys work great but take a bit of SQ away imo, bi-flanges go in deeeep if I do the over the ear but the left ear is mighty uncomfortable. I'm gonna order some of the bi-flanges from Mark's sig see if they make a difference

I guess my ear has a conducive shape for these, because the ones that were on here right of the box fit perfect. I haven't even tried the other ones yet. Any thoughts from anyone on how often I should be changing the filter. I'm guessing I'll be able to figure out how to do that after playing around with them. I just don't want to take them out of my ears yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back