[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Jul 8, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,817 of 2,011
I think it cost me US$2.50.  They want you to pay US Postal service tracking and put them in a #10 envelope with a copy of invoice and no accessories.  I think they have this return procedure down to a well practiced art. I expect to become very adept at it, also. I hope not, but... if these didn't sound so positively beguiling...

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #1,818 of 2,011

Quote:
I think it cost me US$2.50.  They want you to pay US Postal service tracking and put them in a #10 envelope with a copy of invoice and no accessories.  I think they have this return procedure down to a well practiced art. I expect to become very adept at it, also. I hope not, but... if these didn't sound so positively beguiling...

OK, thanks.  I'll be sure to get a #10 envelope (that wasn't in the email they sent me :p)

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #1,822 of 2,011

Quote:
then what are the differences?

From what I'm hearing, the differences are minor and can only be heard if you A-B them.  One of the major differences was more bass quantity and tamer treble.  I only owned one version, so I can't confirm (or deny) this statement.

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #1,824 of 2,011
Fang says they all sound the same, and the perceived sound difference is only related to burn-in.

I don't know the details apart from Fang said they have been improving the RE0 each time, so v4 should be the best, and v1 the worst (for cable quality etc.) not sure which one has a straight plug vs. angled plug, I prefer straight plugs but don't really care Lol.

kanuka are you still considering the Yuin OK1?  What are your previous IEM's/earbuds and what kind of music do you listen to anyway?

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #1,825 of 2,011

Quote:
Fang says they all sound the same, and the perceived sound difference is only related to burn-in.

I don't know the details apart from Fang said they have been improving the RE0 each time, so v4 should be the best, and v1 the worst (for cable quality etc.) not sure which one has a straight plug vs. angled plug, I prefer straight plugs but don't really care Lol.

kanuka are you still considering the Yuin OK1?  What are your previous IEM's/earbuds and what kind of music do you listen to anyway?

thank you very much. seems i'll just get the latest version (v4, should it be the default by ordering from head-direct?). even i also do like straight plugs more

and i'm surprised you remember  about the ok1 !!!
this is my official list of earphones: (although i have others, but arent worth to be listed)
AKG k312p
Sennheiser mx471
SM PL50
Yuin PK1 (still unamped)
(got the B2 + E11 last week, but already returned them)

i listen ONLY J-pop / rock , anison. 99% with vocals. a lot of megumi hayashibara, masami okui, hironobu kageyama , and some groups like JAM Project

as for the OK1, of course i'd like them !

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #1,826 of 2,011
I heard RE0 is very good with female vocals, but I'll find out for myself in a few days when I receive them... if you remember, I was going to check what they're like with J-rock. :wink:

Yes v4 will be the default by ordering from head-direct.

Oh, you already have the PK1... yes I remember the OK1, I'm still considering ordering it from zococity, but I've spent quite a lot recently...

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #1,827 of 2,011

The RE0s are good with those genres BUT, some of them might not be produced too well. So you will be able to pick out mistakes and what not. I personally don't care, and just enjoy the music =D
Quote:

thank you very much. seems i'll just get the latest version (v4, should it be the default by ordering from head-direct?). even i also do like straight plugs more

and i'm surprised you remember  about the ok1 !!!
this is my official list of earphones: (although i have others, but arent worth to be listed)
AKG k312p
Sennheiser mx471
SM PL50
Yuin PK1 (still unamped)
(got the B2 + E11 last week, but already returned them)

i listen ONLY J-pop / rock , anison. 99% with vocals. a lot of megumi hayashibara, masami okui, hironobu kageyama , and some groups like JAM Project

as for the OK1, of course i'd like them !

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #1,828 of 2,011

Quote:
I heard RE0 is very good with female vocals, but I'll find out for myself in a few days when I receive them... if you remember, I was going to check what they're like with J-rock. :wink:

Yes v4 will be the default by ordering from head-direct.

Oh, you already have the PK1... yes I remember the OK1, I'm still considering ordering it from zococity, but I've spent quite a lot recently...

now i do remember
tongue_smile.gif

yes. i got the pk1, and that's the reason i wanted the ok1. as the pk1 impressed me so much!
and me too, had spent a little too much (one of the reason i returned the B2), but also i want to first enjoy the pk1 for a while. if i decide to get 'em will be from zococity too (it's great they speak spanish!)

pls, let me know when you get the RE0. i may order them today/tomorrow

Quote:
The RE0s are good with those genres BUT, some of them might not be produced too well. So you will be able to pick out mistakes and what not. I personally don't care, and just enjoy the music =D

thanks! have you tried the RE0 well amped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back