REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Jun 4, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #722 of 2,116
What's the easiest/best way to do the cutout?  Do you completely remove the foam piece before cutting?  Does it affect comfort at all?  Like...when shifting the position of the headphones?

Jun 4, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #723 of 2,116

Quote:
What's the easiest/best way to do the cutout?  Do you completely remove the foam piece before cutting?  Does it affect comfort at all?  Like...when shifting the position of the headphones?

I just took the foam out. That was the easies way to get good shape. It has very light glue like a sticker and it easily comes out. I haven't pasted the foam back in yet. I just squeezed them in. Doesn't look pretty. but works for now. If you are able to cut without removing the foam, then you could avoid that headache.

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #724 of 2,116
Just got these last night, have about 12h burn in so far, and i love them so!.. cant wait till they are fully burned in, and i do the foam mod, i much prefer these over my m50's and even give my D2000 Woodied a run for their money, i just wish my the ear pads were a bit deeper, my ear hits the foam... annoying...

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #725 of 2,116
Major Warning About Credit Card Payment and Moneybookers

I placed an order for FA-011 on May 24th and the info. on the purchase order said my payment was pending. So today I find out through communication with my bank on CC and Dmitry  at GD Audiobase that my purchase did not go through. Moneybookers tried to pull money from the CC account three times and were unsuccessful and here I was thinking that everything was fine and my oder would be coming soon, so right now I don't know if pending order can be fixed or if I will have to place an entirely new order-either way I am disappointed and frustrated with the transaction with Moneybookers. So if you place an order and it still says pending after a couple of days I would would contact Dmitry and your bank about your CC purchase. I will update as info. comes into me. Happy Listening.

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #726 of 2,116
Good info, same situation almost happened to me, my first CC transaction failed with them and then I just used an another card to place a fresh order and it worked.  I forget the error message I got, maybe transaction declined and order pending, but in any case I just went ahead and placed a fresh order moments later.  My original order said pending for weeks and now it finally says canceled.  So, I wouldn't worry about the pending order, try another card and if by some reason the first card is processed you get 2 FA-011 then maybe that is easy to cancel prior to them shipping.

So like rhfactor1 indicates, don't sit on the order if you just see pending in your GD account.  

Maybe a preemptive strike by calling your CC company before placing the transaction?  

Good luck everyone, they're worth the wait.  As for the earcups, I can wear them for several hours with no discomfort but if the next version has an even better ergonomic design with even slight improvements to the SQ then I'll be in line waiting for a pair.

Quote:
Major Warning About Credit Card Payment and Moneybookers

I placed an order for FA-011 on May 24th and the info. on the purchase order said my payment was pending. So today I find out through communication with my bank on CC and Dmitry  at GD Audiobase that my purchase did not go through. Moneybookers tried to pull money from the CC account three times and were unsuccessful and here I was thinking that everything was fine and my oder would be coming soon, so right now I don't know if pending order can be fixed or if I will have to place an entirely new order-either way I am disappointed and frustrated with the transaction with Moneybookers. So if you place an order and it still says pending after a couple of days I would would contact Dmitry and your bank about your CC purchase. I will update as info. comes into me. Happy Listening.

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #727 of 2,116
So I never received my tracking # from USPS and hadn't heard anything from GD-audiobase and nothing updated from Russianpost after it left customs. So I had no idea that they were already in town and I came home to find a "failed delivery" notice for the headphones. I'm actually a little angry, because if SOMEONE had alerted me I could've easily had someone sign for it. Oh well, now I have to wait to go pick it up. 

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #728 of 2,116
Wait, so did you get a tracking # to use for Russian post?

EDIT

For those who don't know this.  The same tracking # you received and used for Russian post is the same tracking # for USPS.  Russian post stops reporting on the package after customs.....I have had the same experience with tracking from Japan & Hong Kong.  Said tracking # will be active when it arrives in the US.

So those who receive a tracking #, once you see the status(Operation) changed to "Export".  Don't bother going to Russian Post but copy & paste that # to the USPS tracking site.

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #729 of 2,116
just got my phones in. i should definitely reserve my impressions after break in and proper ampage lol.  But as for comfort, MILES above the SR225i.   IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!

will report back in 100 hours :p

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #730 of 2,116
You guys are relying too much on that tracking number.... I never got a tracking number, but they came in about month after ordering. So you're doing good if you're getting it in less than a month.

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #731 of 2,116
Got a tracking number. Stopped at the russian customs and got my headphones this morning. Very happy with the service. They were shipped on the 26/05 so 12 days in all! That's really fast compared to the previous head-fiers that ordered.

Now even before the break-in period the bass on these puppies is really sweet. Brings a smile to my face. Comfort wise... well LFF must have a narrower head than mine... I know I have a big nogin, but right now I'm getting a slight headache from the tension of the cups. Hopefully I'll be able to stretch them a bit. Also the cups aren't all that deep, but they are circumaural, not by much though. Some might say I'm difficult, but I'm used to mdr-F1. This is leagues behind in terms of comfort, but the bass... Will reserve judgement till after I've tweaked them a bit.
Oh yeah, they came with the foam cut out. I swear FA has got to find techs that can cut circular patterns. I can't cut for crap and I'm pretty sure I could do better lol. Otherwise wood is beautiful, no scratches and they have a nice quality weight and feel to them.

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #732 of 2,116
Sounds like we got the same guy/gal who failed at shapes in kindergarten lmao.  What I did was stretch the headphone over the width of the Delivery Box when not used for about a week =P

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #733 of 2,116
Actually the tension is given by the two overhead rods that also support the cans so I just applied opposite force on the curve at few places to give it a wider stance and voilà! Headache relieved! Gotta love the KISS principle :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back