REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Jun 1, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #692 of 2,116
Nice find on the pads!  I was hoping it would include the inner foam piece, though, so I could cut out the cutout.  :p

Yeah, same here. I'd rather mine came w/o the cut out because the Guy/gal who did it does not know what a circle is LMAO. The foam itself doesn't look too special so I just need to find a similar material just bigger =P

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #694 of 2,116
Quote:
I just did an A/B comparison of the FA-011 and M50 a couple of days ago. For my ears, the M50 (albeit still a good headphone) has less of a "wow" factor than the FA-011. Bass is more impacting through the Fischer than through the ATH. Mids are clearer and possess more details through the FA-011. The M50, however, is more comfortable. I was thinking about selling my M50, but right have decided to keep both headphones. I do feel, however, that the sound is overall better through the FA-011. And yes, from what I've read, the Fiio E11 will be designed to drive a 160 ohm headphone. The FA-011 certainly benefits more from amplification than the M50 IMHO.

Quote:
Agreed, I believe these to be superior to the M50, though they are close, and both great cans for their price.

Thanks guys!
I think I will go for it, but I can't get hp+amp (maybe E11, still not sure about that) at the same time...we'll see...I might be able to appreciate the difference a little bit more...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #695 of 2,116
Due to the backlog of orders I guess quality control is being passed over to get these cans out the door quickly.  My inner foam wasn't cut perfectly but I should be glad it was there.  Not a special foam, I wonder if some thick felt would work as well.  I can measure the thickness of the foam when I get home.  It's not more than a couple millimeters.  

Quote:
Nice find on the pads!  I was hoping it would include the inner foam piece, though, so I could cut out the cutout.  :p

Yeah, same here. I'd rather mine came w/o the cut out because the Guy/gal who did it does not know what a circle is LMAO. The foam itself doesn't look too special so I just need to find a similar material just bigger =P

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #696 of 2,116

Quote:
Great point there sweep!!!  Also understand this, even though this is an open can, the bass it produces is more than I thought it would provide.  No it's not bowel dropping but it's definitely surprising.  

I have limited Headphone inventory so the best way I can explain the 011 is this.  It's like a love child of the ad700 with m50 =D.  The vocals are so delicious!!!  

Update on status:  10 Days total from date of purchase, nice!!!
wink_face.gif
  With one extra day for holiday, it actually would have taken 9 days
21 May 2011 - Purchased *email received*
22 May 2011 - Changed to Shipped *email received*
24 May 2011 - Tracking # sent *email received*
25 May 2011 - Exported *Russian tracking website*
29 May 2011 - California *USPS tracking site* 1hour away from my local post office
31 May 2011 - Received!!!  "From Russia with love" -my mailwoman lol

BTW, I tested the HPA2 pads with this and they are the same ones!!!  So you can purchase the pad at $2 each from the turtlebeach store!!!

Good to hear.  When I was doing some pad swapping, one of the pads got caught on the lip and I had no choice but to tear it a little bit.  Good to know there are replacements on the cheap.

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #698 of 2,116
Update on status:  10 Days total from date of purchase, nice!!!
wink_face.gif
  With one extra day for holiday, it actually would have taken 9 days
21 May 2011 - Purchased *email received*

22 May 2011 - Changed to Shipped *email received*

24 May 2011 - Tracking # sent *email received*

25 May 2011 - Exported *Russian tracking website*

29 May 2011 - California *USPS tracking site* 1hour away from my local post office

31 May 2011 - Received!!!  "From Russia with love" -my mailwoman lol

That's insane! I've never received anything from GD-A that fast.. my status changed to shipped after 5 days from the "Purchased" email date (your turnaround was one day!).. it's good to see GD-A trying to get these shipped out quicker.. it seems their cust service rep took a bit of a hit around here so hopefully this kind of service will help rebuild that.. again, I've waited close to a month in the past, but I've never NOT received anything.. and it's all been in pristine condition.. 

Per EMS tracking, mine appears to have left Russia on 5/31 (and no info from USPS).. so it's most likely floating somewhere over the Atlantic or Pacific.. come to papa FA-011!

popcorn.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #699 of 2,116
I was thinking along the same lines of what you posted.  Whatever the problem was with customs, I'm glad it has been sorted out =D.  The only thing I can think of was I told my bank which called within a minute of buying that it was not a fraudulent purchase lol.

And yeah, my mailwoman had me Lamowing (lmao) with the James bond reference.  She says I'm like a spy since I get stuff from Hong Kong, Japan, and now Russia bahahaha.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #700 of 2,116
The only thing I can think of was I told my bank which called within a minute of buying that it was not a fraudulent purchase lol.

I mentioned this issue on the FA-003 thread way back when..

Many US banks won't process payments through Moneybookers b/c they also do work with online gambling.. for example, when I bought wood cups for my 003 w/ my debit card a few months ago, my bank called and said they won't process the payment despite me authorizing the payment and stating the transaction is legitimate.  I told them I was able to use my debit card to buy other stuff using MB in the past (i.e. 003 which I bought last year)..  That's when they told me about the whole online gambling issue and that it was a recent law/move that was passed.  This was a month or two before the massive shutdown on online gambling in the US so perhaps banks were notified of this move by the Feds before the public was and decided to stop processing transactions with payment companies that dealt with online gambling.  I ended up using my credit card instead and had no problems.

I didn't try purchasing the 011 with my debit card more recently though and just opted to use my CC.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #702 of 2,116
It won't go through.  Same thing happened to me.  I switched to a different CC and it worked.  Original transaction was never processed so no need to wait.

Quote:
I  attempted to purchase these phones but i got a message about my bank refusing the transaction :xf_mad:

I don't want to try again until im sure it wont go through.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #703 of 2,116

Quote:

I had these burning in on a shelf and my 2 1/2 year old climbed up and got a hold of these for a 15 seconds. He managed to push both of the gold bands on the cups inwards until they snapped. Luckily nothing internal was damaged and I have an email in to Dmitry at GD-Audiobase to see if I can get my hands on some new gold bands. While I wait for his reply I decided to use the broken pieces as a template and cut a couple of clear plastic bands as replacements. 

Greetings Cajunky!
Yes, breaking gold bands is a known issue. We are now replacing them with metal bands, so all headphones shipped recently will be with them. Also, everybody with old gold bands can ask GD-Audiobase for a free new shiny metal parts. Replacing them manually will not void the warranty.
dt880smile.png

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #704 of 2,116
Excuse me, but can you move your box, its crushing mine :) I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) as you, left on 5/31 no updates since.

Quote:
That's insane! I've never received anything from GD-A that fast.. my status changed to shipped after 5 days from the "Purchased" email date (your turnaround was one day!).. it's good to see GD-A trying to get these shipped out quicker.. it seems their cust service rep took a bit of a hit around here so hopefully this kind of service will help rebuild that.. again, I've waited close to a month in the past, but I've never NOT received anything.. and it's all been in pristine condition.. 

Per EMS tracking, mine appears to have left Russia on 5/31 (and no info from USPS).. so it's most likely floating somewhere over the Atlantic or Pacific.. come to papa FA-011!

popcorn.gif

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #705 of 2,116
Will they ship them for free also?

Quote:

Greetings Cajunky!
Yes, breaking gold bands is a known issue. We are now replacing them with metal bands, so all headphones shipped recently will be with them. Also, everybody with old gold bands can ask GD-Audiobase for a free new shiny metal parts. Replacing them manually will not void the warranty.
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back