REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Jun 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #706 of 2,116
Thanks for the information regarding the gold bands. I sent an email to GD-Audiobase requesting the new metal bands. 

Quote:

Greetings Cajunky!
Yes, breaking gold bands is a known issue. We are now replacing them with metal bands, so all headphones shipped recently will be with them. Also, everybody with old gold bands can ask GD-Audiobase for a free new shiny metal parts. Replacing them manually will not void the warranty.
dt880smile.png

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #707 of 2,116
E11 is a portable amp... I don't see why you would use that with a full-size open headphone, especially since E11 can't be used while recharging

Quote:

Thanks guys!
I think I will go for it, but I can't get hp+amp (maybe E11, still not sure about that) at the same time...we'll see...I might be able to appreciate the difference a little bit more...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #708 of 2,116

Quote:
Great point there sweep!!!  Also understand this, even though this is an open can, the bass it produces is more than I thought it would provide.  No it's not bowel dropping but it's definitely surprising.  

I have limited Headphone inventory so the best way I can explain the 011 is this.  It's like a love child of the ad700 with m50 =D.  The vocals are so delicious!!!  

Update on status:  10 Days total from date of purchase, nice!!!
wink_face.gif
  With one extra day for holiday, it actually would have taken 9 days

21 May 2011 - Purchased *email received*

22 May 2011 - Changed to Shipped *email received*

24 May 2011 - Tracking # sent *email received*

25 May 2011 - Exported *Russian tracking website*

29 May 2011 - California *USPS tracking site* 1hour away from my local post office

31 May 2011 - Received!!!  "From Russia with love" -my mailwoman lol

BTW, I tested the HPA2 pads with this and they are the same ones!!!  So you can purchase the pad at $2 each from the turtlebeach store!!!

I initially attempted to order these on the 21st and for some strange reason my order would not get passed processing. I emailed Dmitry and he replied with a solution to my problem. I tried the solution, but it did not work, so I sent him an email on the 22nd about it and he still has yet to respond. I decided on the 26th just to attempt to order them again, and this time it worked, but only partially I think. On the 26th I received an email saying that my order status changed to shipped, and I also got an email this time from moneybookers acknowledging that the order went through as well as the money taken out of my credit card. Now it's the second of June and I still have yet to receive any emails passed the shipped one. Ziocomposite got all of these emails really quickly and received his item faster than even my tracking email was supposed to be sent to me. Is something wrong here? Why haven't I got my tracking email? If nothing is wrong with my order, then I should be getting these headphones in three days, but I seriously doubt this will happen due to the fact that I haven't received anything passed the tracking email - I have been waiting a whole seven days just for this email. I wish fischer would comment on this one. 

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #709 of 2,116
Getting a tracking # has been variable based on the posts in this thread.  I did receive one but I also asked for one.  People who did not receive one got their cans no problem.  So, if they got the customs issue under control you will get them but I do feel your pain.  Knowing it's going to take 2-3 weeks is one thing but not hearing anything from the shipper makes the mind wander.  It's all good, a lot of us waited over month, you whipper snappers might get them in 2 weeks 
popcorn.gif

Quote:
  1. I initially attempted to order these on the 21st and for some strange reason my order would not get passed processing. I emailed Dmitry and he replied with a solution to my problem. I tried the solution, but it did not work, so I sent him an email on the 22nd about it and he still has yet to respond. I decided on the 26th just to attempt to order them again, and this time it worked, but only partially I think. On the 26th I received an email saying that my order status changed to shipped, and I also got an email this time from moneybookers acknowledging that the order went through as well as the money taken out of my credit card. Now it's the second of June and I still have yet to receive any emails passed the shipped one. Ziocomposite got all of these emails really quickly and received his item faster than even my tracking email was supposed to be sent to me. Is something wrong here? Why haven't I got my tracking email? If nothing is wrong with my order, then I should be getting these headphones in three days, but I seriously doubt this will happen due to the fact that I haven't received anything passed the tracking email - I have been waiting a whole seven days just for this email. I wish fischer would comment on this one. 

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #710 of 2,116
Back in my day it took a couple days short of 2 months to get a pair of FA-011s.  
tongue_smile.gif

Regarding ordering issues, I had some trouble ordering with my debit card due my bank blocking overseas transactions. It took 3 phone calls and removing the fraud protection for 24 hours to get it done. They told me next time to call a day ahead and they would lift the security ahead of time.

Also, got an email from Dmitry from GD-Audiobase verifying that the new metal bands are now in stock and will ship soon. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #711 of 2,116
Back in my day lol!!!  After reading a majority of the post in this thread I set myself to 1 1/2 months before I would receive mine but had a good feeling when you guys from the last major orders started getting shipping #'s and noticed how quick the turnout was.  I did order mine as soon as the notice went out they were available and maybe just good luck on my side when it came to the amount of contact I was receiving via e-mail.

Quote:
Back in my day it took a couple days short of 2 months to get a pair of FA-011s.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #712 of 2,116
In response to WNBC, Cajunky, and ziocomposite:

Thanks for the reassurance guys, I hope you're right about all of this. I have read almost every post in this thread - kind of sad, I know - and I understand that in the last batch before this, people had to wait over a month for them. In the newest batch, they've worked out all of the problems with customs, and that in theory should mean that the headphones will come in faster. I assumed that this was pretty much proven right by the fact that as a result, ziocomposite and some others who ordered in this batch, received their phones alot more quickly than people from the last batch. 

I can understand having to wait a long time for the mouse to ship, what I'm worried about is waiting for nothing. I wasn't even sure that they were even on their way. I never even received a tracking number like other claimed to have gotten almost right away. Idk... I just thought that maybe somebody from Fischer could comment on this possible problem.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #713 of 2,116
Yeah, the long waiting period and the uncertainty of when they may arrive was the main reason why I held off ordering a pair early on. Seems like they may have worked out some of the kinks that caused the shipping delays.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #714 of 2,116
I've ordered stuff from GD-A for over a year (003, wood cups, DBA, two Silver Bullets)..

I've waited on average a month for each order.. sometimes I've received tracking #'s within a day or two, sometimes it took ten days or more (I've never emailed them asking for it).. bottom line : I've ALWAYS received what I ordered, in mint condition.. 

So.. trust me.. you'll get it even if you're not getting a lot of electronic communication about your order.  I've taken a pretty hands off approach with the GD-A.. ordered my stuff, paid for it through MB, then literally forgot about it.. and am always giggling like a little kid when a surprise package shows up at my doorstep.  

Honestly, it's kind of fun that way for a change.. in the age of instant gratification, having to wait for some things feels oddly more rewarding at times than having it show up in two days.  Would I like it in two days? Sure! But I'm not complaining if I have to wait a month.. especially considering the VFM FA delivers with their phones.

New marketing slogan for Fischer Audio's US customers:

The anticipation only adds to the experience.

wink_face.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #715 of 2,116

Bahahahaha lol!!!  On another note, man, for the price this can is so much fun =).  Portability wise I would never walk around with these and that's left for my m50's which perform the way I want them closed/isolated.  I've thrown a crapload of genre's and it handles them dynamically.  I'm just glad I've never auditioned other phones much so I can appreciate these that much more =P.  It's kind of like when I lived in Japan for 2 years and had sushi all the time.  I come back to the US and while sushi is still good, there is something missing and just lacking.  I can say the same for headphones.  I hope everyone gets theirs soon.  And yes, initially listening to these there was definitely sibilance with ssss but properly amped and given burn in time, easily subdued or gone.
Quote:
New marketing slogan for Fischer Audio's US customers:

The anticipation only adds to the experience.

wink_face.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #716 of 2,116
I finally gave in and did the mod of cutting a hole in the foam. The result is just awesome. All this time i was cringing about little bit recessed mids and little bit lack of details. Now i have to keep my mouth shut and time to enjoy the music
L3000.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #717 of 2,116
Welcome to the CLUB!!!  Vocals are ridiculously delicious 
gs1000.gif
  Sometimes it feels like I might get spit on LMAO.  

Listen to some Binaural recordings too though like these:

Close your eyes and relax
http://www.terzoorecchio.com/binauralmix.html   It's like an introduction with examples to binaurals =P
http://www.terzoorecchio.com/teatroexp.html   This starts slowly and in italian but it's CRAZY
http://r-1.ch/VB1.mp3  And one of my personal favorites....the Virtual barbershop.  
Quote:
I finally gave in and did the mod of cutting a hole in the foam. The result is just awesome. All this time i was cringing about little bit recessed mids and little bit lack of details. Now i have to keep my mouth shut and time to enjoy the music
L3000.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #718 of 2,116

Quote:
Welcome to the CLUB!!!  Vocals are ridiculously delicious 
gs1000.gif
  Sometimes it feels like I might get spit on LMAO.  

Listen to some Binaural recordings too though like this one : Close your eyes and relax
http://www.terzoorecchio.com/binauralmix.html   It's like an introduction with examples to binaurals =P
http://www.terzoorecchio.com/teatroexp.html   This starts slowly and in italian but it's CRAZY
http://r-1.ch/VB1.mp3  And one of my personal favorites....the Virtual barbershop.  

Thanks for the links..will give them a try tonight.

Edit: The virtual barbershop is really amazing. Brings a smile on the face.

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #720 of 2,116
For some odd reason, some shipments of the FA-011 came with the foam covering a small circular part of driver intact.  The one pictured here has the hole pre-cut or so called "foam mod" already done.  It's a relatively thin piece of foam however apparently makes a difference with mids/details.  Mine came pre-cut so did not have to do the mod.

Quote:
What is this foam mod that you mention?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back