REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #136 of 2,116
Hey LFF, nice review. Based on what you wrote, I'm gonna order these as soon as they come back in stock. I already have my neutral phones taken care of with my mod'd D7000's.

From your review, I'm thinking that the FA-011 might contend for one of the bassiest /impactful headphones that don't cloud the other frequencies while enjoying a nice soundstage of an open design. Would this be a reasonable assumption? Sorry if this has been covered already.

I listen to a lot of baroque music, which could stand a little more bass emphasis. All of which is very well recorded.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #137 of 2,116
Ordered the combo of Amp + Headphone. This is gonna be my first Amp and audiophile grade headphone 
beyersmile.png

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #138 of 2,116
LFF,

Nice review, I would love to give them a listen some time.  I also own the FA-003 and really enjoy them.  But there is always a place for some headphones that have a nice tight bass to place some Earth Wind and Fire or Rick James. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #139 of 2,116

Quote:
From your review, I'm thinking that the FA-011 might contend for one of the bassiest /impactful headphones that don't cloud the other frequencies while enjoying a nice soundstage of an open design. Would this be a reasonable assumption?

That is correct and that is exactly how I feel about the FA-011.

Quote:
LFF,

Nice review, I would love to give them a listen some time.  I also own the FA-003 and really enjoy them.  But there is always a place for some headphones that have a nice tight bass to place some Earth Wind and Fire or Rick James. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Zippy2001! You know you are always to listen to anything I have. We should get together at Jasper994's place again to listen to some music and enjoy some good food! Earth, Wind and Fire does sound great on FA-011. Haven't heard any Rick James but MC Hammer sounds impressive.
wink_face.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #140 of 2,116
This review just sounds too good to be true, especially considering these are $115 headphones. From what the review says, there's no reason to even look at the Senn HD650. I guess I'll have to try these since they're rather cheap, even if I don't like them there's enough hype in this review to have them resold at face value np.

Mar 27, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #142 of 2,116
I am very interested in ordering a pair. I have a set of LCD-2's on the way. I don't know if these would be useful for anything over those, or if it would just redundant.

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #143 of 2,116
Does anyone have a suggestion for an amplifier to compliment these?  I'm thinking something <$300 like the Asgard.  I would like for it to be able to power my hd595 as well.  I listen to metal, punk, rock, trance, and rap.

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #144 of 2,116

I don't know about that. The review specifically goes on and on about how these are not neutral headphones at all, with heavy bass and higher treble. Doesn't sound like it compares the the HD650s at all... While HD650s may have a bit more bass than the HD600s, I don't think I've ever heard them described as basshead phones, and many people attest to the being almost completely neutral with just a slight bulge in the low end and slight dip in the high end. That doesn't sound remotely close to how these were described... Sounds like different headphones for different peoples tastes.
Quote:
 From what the review says, there's no reason to even look at the Senn HD650.

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #147 of 2,116
I agree, they are open backed and would not work well outside. I also think I remember reading that they are power hungry. Not to an extreme, but also another consideration when considering portable use.

Quote:
i dont think so, you will probably hear tons of outside noises and everyone can probably hear what your listening too outside 

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #148 of 2,116
With open cans you run into these two problems:

1) Your sound will leak due to the can's open design--people will hear you play Bieber, or whatever embarrassing music you listen to.
2) You will look like an alien.

If #2 doesn't discourage you from taking it outside the home, then #1 shouldn't stop you. I do it sometimes... just at moderate volumes.

Quote:
Hm...
These guys look pretty sweet, but are these headphones that you can take outside?

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #149 of 2,116

Quote:
With open cans you run into these two problems:

1) Your sound will leak due to the can's open design--people will hear you play Bieber, or whatever embarrassing music you listen to.
2) You will look like an alien.

If #2 doesn't discourage you from taking it outside the home, then #1 shouldn't stop you. I do it sometimes... just at moderate volumes.

I see!
My original question was actually only about reason #2 -- I hadn't really thought about isolation, to be honest.
Now, another question: Is the Neptunian design school unique to open headphones? If so, why?

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #150 of 2,116
found myself visiting the russian website.....
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back