REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #121 of 2,116

Quote:
Btw, LFF, has your set benefited at all from burn-in?

They have been playing now for well over 120hrs and I feel the bass has settled in nicely. I don't find it as pronounced as the beginning yet it remains detailed, articulate, tight and deep. The rest of the spectrum has settled in beautifully as well. Of course, this could just be my ears getting used to the FA-011's sound.
tongue_smile.gif
  YMMV.

One thing that hasn't changed...THESE ARE SO COMFY!!!!!!

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #122 of 2,116
Mar 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #124 of 2,116
order status: shipped.  yay.
beerchug.gif

iSkullz:  I would like to hear LFF's suggestions, as well.  Though in the mean time have been kind of looking around for possibly a more powerful portable amp/solution like yourself, so...

The impedance of these are 160 ohms, iirc, so I believe they will probably require some more power to drive; however, off the top of my head, the ibasso d6, p4, pb1 and also the headstage arrows should all be capable of powering them efficiently.  As to synergy, i have no idea.  I'm going to try to drive them with my d10 and see how they do, but in the event i will need more power, i will probably start looking in those directions.  Hopefully I won't need to, as I don't want to really spend too much more money, haha.

Was tempted to get the nfb-12 or m-stage to match with these, but it probably won't get much use from me as i tend to move around a lot, even at home... plus yeah, would need more space and money... bleh.

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #125 of 2,116
My walllleeettttt

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #126 of 2,116
I would also like to know how these compare to the DT990/600. I own a pair, but I like the looks of the FA-011 much more, if they are similar enough, might be time to trade up.
And Fischer does use the exact same shell as Turtle Beach's HPA2 for there Hyperion cans (someone mentioned it)

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #127 of 2,116

Quote:
LFF,

What portable amps would you recommend for the FA-011s?

Thanks

It has great synergy with...no surprise here...the Fischer Audio Mystify.

Moreover, the Mystify has power to spare in order to power these hungry babies.

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #129 of 2,116

Quote:
Munky did you order a long time ago? I ordered mine on Tuesday and they still haven't shipped. I think he said next week.

Not really long ago, but I ordered them while they still had some in stock, not the "preorder" in-stock.

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #131 of 2,116
Hey I have bought this, because it IS better than hd650, according to LFF!
BEtter than hd650 at 140 I can't let go.

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #132 of 2,116
I'm anxiously waiting to see if a consensus forms on this opinion.  Not that I don't trust LFF, his reviews are excellent and well thought out, but the price just seems too good to be true for something that exceeds the HD650 let alone reaches its playing field.  Then again I think it is easy to forget the HD650 has been around for some years now too..... technology moves fast.

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #133 of 2,116
Haha, and while I was pondering what to do they went out of stock again.  It might be better to wait for the supply to stabilize, but then again if they catch on it may always be this difficult to get a pair considering the limited manufacturing capacity.

Mar 25, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #134 of 2,116

Quote:
It has great synergy with...no surprise here...the Fischer Audio Mystify.

Moreover, the Mystify has power to spare in order to power these hungry babies.

Since i can't get the Mysify just yet - Price issues- will the Fiio E7 do the FA-011 any Justice?
I also read a few threads here about the E7/E9 combo, what do u think about that for the FA-011?
Also, i would like to use these for gaming and i have a ps3, how can i connect it to that?

I have the tritton AX pros and they dont sound too good.. I hear getting the Astro mixamp will work with almost all headphones, but i don't want to buy two amps for one headphone.

Thanks again.

Mar 25, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #135 of 2,116
thanks to Treal512 who was shouting at me from his recent purchase, 
i finally managed to find this thread, and its already on page NINE!!!
HIIIII GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...u guys abandoned the 003 thread huh.

Once again, excellent review from elder LFF, to start the $$FIRE! 
bigsmile_face.gif

deadhorse.gif

Off the bat, some cold water...
evil_smiley.gif

i dun like the COLOR of the wood...tat much.
somehow just doesnt seem to go well with the brass metal.
would have preferred an option of a medium brown...walnut.
more LCD2 like if so...with the mesh. 
tongue_smile.gif

Another downer, is when LFF said the details of the sound is a little below the 003.
i was expecting the next can from Fisher to get into the astral zone of the hd800, tesla orthos...lol
Ya, i have HIGH EXPECTATION from FISHER...
I WAN THIS COMPANY TO KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTTS
and price it at ...how much is this 011 again...USD120????
this is absolute MADNE$$$.
I AM HAPPY for u guys.
beerchug.gif

meanwhile i will just have to suffer thru my T5p...
endure the clarity...and pay thru my ASS for it.
(must sell this beyer can, where can i find a foool..hmmmm )
confused_face_2.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back