REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 24, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #106 of 2,116

Quote:
Haha, cool.  I was tempted to do the same and was mighty curious about the HA-02 amp, since their portamp was pretty well received around here, and I never got to try it out since it's always out of stock.  
You have got to put up a review/thoughts of that HA-02 sucker once you get it.  Most curious how it sounds, albeit, I'm guessing pretty good.

It will be some time before I get to listen to it as I will not be back home until end of April. I am also intending to buy some more stuff before I get home and that probably includes a Burson HA-160 + a DAC I need to choose.

I have 2 portable amps and when I get home and the desktop amps are waiting for me I will have a very long session testing al the equipment.

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #107 of 2,116
LFF, thanks for the sweet review of these Russian cans!

I've been a Grado fan, but have found its highs to be too harsh for the ears. Where do you rank the FA-011s if the SR-225is are a 9/10 on the harshness scale?

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #108 of 2,116
Anyone able to compare the FA-011 to the Beyerdynamic DT990?  I think that would be an appropriate comparison, despite the price difference.  The DT990 is another open can known for its fun sound signature, strong bass, and treble emphasis.

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #109 of 2,116

Quote:
Hahaha, I just did something totally crazy. I bought the FA-011 and HA-02 combo from them :)

I was very tempted to do that when i saw that they were sold out and then while thinking about it, i saw that they had some available and i bought them making them sell out in 10 mins....

I was lucky... now i just have to wait till i get it, dont know how long that's going to take...

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #112 of 2,116
They're in stock again, as of 10 mins ago.  Just a tip, if you put your cellphone number with the correct address in for the notification you will receive a text message when they get in stock. (eg. 5556668888@tmomail.net)
I just placed an order but they didn't ask for credit card number or anything o.O
I wonder how billing works?
edit: figured it out, there's a confirm payment button

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #113 of 2,116
Woot, just got an order confirmation! Now the wait begins
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, LFF, has your set benefited at all from burn-in?

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #117 of 2,116

Quote:
It's only a pre-order so you'll have plenty of opportunity to order them later. As of now, they're in stock again though. 

Nope, the pre-orders are sold out now. Just got my in at the last moment...These are going fast... Dmitry seems to be a good guy to do business with. Sent him a ton emails and he responded with answers very quickly. I think we're looking at two to three weeks before they hit the U.S. I'm excited.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #118 of 2,116
Quote:
Nope, the pre-orders are sold out now. Just got my in at the last moment...These are going fast... Dmitry seems to be a good guy to do business with. Sent him a ton emails and he responded with answers very quickly. I think we're looking at two to three weeks before they hit the U.S. I'm excited.

Do you mean until they get from gd-audio or until US retailers get them?

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #119 of 2,116
Wow. I hope you are all pleased when you get them. I'm certainly enjoying my FA-011's.

I will be meeting with a few head-fi'ers (this week and next) soon so hopefully they can post their impressions about the FA-011's as well. One of them didn't care for the FA-002W feeling they were too neutral so hearing his impressions will be nice.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #120 of 2,116
Looks like hodepo is right, theyre available again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back