Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #2,791 of 3,047
Quote:
My friend got some of the Jaycar FA-003's. I like each individual characteristic of the sound. Like the treble extends far and is nicely detailed, the bass is punchy without being overwhelming, the mids aren't recessed and sit nicely in the middle, the soundstage impresses me for closed headphones. They're also quite detailed overall, although not as detailed as my Sextetts. I just find the overall tone a bit too dark so I can't really enjoy them. They sound heavy compared to my light and sweet Sextetts. 

[size=9pt] Hey, I bought the replacement angled leather pads for NVX XPT100 and put them on my Jaycar FA-003's.  I don't have any way to test FR, but I find that it opened up the high end somewhat,  making everything sound a little brighter compared to the stock pleather pads.   They are super comfortable.  Just my observations.  Good Luck![/size]

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_66627_NVX-XRE100A.html  

[size=9pt]   [/size]

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,793 of 3,047
Quote:
Those angled pads look pretty comfortable. Too bad they are so expensive. Are they real leather?

cubdog

$25 bucks isn't so bad.  The pads are not "real leather". They refer to it as "protein leather" which as I understand is created by combining protein powder with special resin.   It does feel like real leather and is extremely comfortable, but so are the regular pads.  Good Luck!

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #2,794 of 3,047
Quote:
$25 bucks isn't so bad.  The pads are not "real leather". They refer to it as "protein leather" which as I understand is created by combining protein powder with special resin.   It does feel like real leather and is extremely comfortable, but so are the regular pads.  Good Luck!

Well, I'm cheap and since I only paid $55 for the headphones $25 is a considerable amount. Never the less they sure do look comfortable and I'm very tempted.

cubdog

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,796 of 3,047

Left is TI version, right is the normal version.
The hanger of the headphone is now made of (steel?), not plastic anymore.
The L&R letter is also change, and I feel the adjustable is also much easier and smoother.
Sound wise, it is quite different, but I dont know how to describe it as I only have 5 minutes for listening to both of them.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #2,797 of 3,047
Quote:

Left is TI version, right is the normal version.
The hanger of the headphone is now made of (steel?), not plastic anymore.
The L&R letter is also change, and I feel the adjustable is also much easier and smoother.
Sound wise, it is quite different, but I dont know how to describe it as I only have 5 minutes for listening to both of them.

I want the Ti's so badly!  Looking forward for someone selling them in the USA

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2,798 of 3,047
I've jumped on the bandwagon now.  I ordered a pair from Jaycars. 

Does anyone know a source for a short cable?  MP4Nation is out of stock.  I read someone found a Lindy cable on Ebay.  I haven't had any luck finding it.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #2,801 of 3,047
I just received my FA-003 Ti from NoisyMotel 2 days ago, and must say that I am very impressed! Not only with the sound quality, which is excellent, but with the overall fit and finish. I have not previously owned a Fischer Audio product, but the Ti compares favorably with the build quality of phones costing hundreds more.

Despite the fact that they are closed-back phones, the soundstage and sense of space is much more like an open-back. There is a sense of air and depth around all instruments that makes the imaging quite precise and realistic. Bass is as clean as I have heard in any of my phones but is still capable of clearly rendering the lowest of lows. One can easily hear the individual voices when listening to a group of male vocalists rather than hearing a homogenized male vocal mix as is the case with many other phones. The sound is exceedingly well-balanced and neutral, with superb timbral accuracy.

These phones, while having a much larger power-handling capability (120mW vs 500mW for the Ti) are very easy to drive from portable devices and sound superb without the need for an external amplifier.

It will be very interesting to see how these phones mature with additional hours of play time.

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2,803 of 3,047
And FYI: I got the Ti version for $217 shipped to the US from: http://www.headsound.de/epages/63028271.sf/sec4b46d156d5/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63028271/Products/FA-003

When you check out the price drops because they remove the VAT for sales to the USA, so even with shipping it comes out to about 164 Euros which then converted to $217 US, at least with yesterday's conversion rate on Paypal.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #2,804 of 3,047
I have read that the NVX Audio XPT100 sound very much like the Brainwavz HM5, (which is a FA-003 clone?).   So, with the NVX XPT100 going for $129.00 on Amazon, I am really curious to know if people who hear both will think that the Fischer FA-003Ti will be worth the extra hundred bucks?

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #2,805 of 3,047
I have read that the NVX Audio XPT100 sound very much like the Brainwavz HM5, (which is a FA-003 clone?).   So, with the NVX XPT100 going for $129.00 on Amazon, I am really curious to know if people who hear both will think that the Fischer FA-003Ti will be worth the extra hundred bucks?

Why don't you just get the Jaycar? They are even cheaper and sound the same as the HM5's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back