Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Jun 29, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #2,603 of 3,047
Quote:
The Digitech Pro Monitor Headphones seem like a really good bargain to me. But can anyone please tell me how they measure up when listening to metal/rap/hiphop? 

I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet (it's a tragedy, I know.) but they're a very neutral pair of headphones, so it's not going to be very boomy in the low-end, but will be more punchy.
 Quote:

Is the cable detachable from the headphones?

Yes! One of my favorite parts of the headphone.

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #2,605 of 3,047
Quote:

Awesome! Would you say they are well worth the $50 when burned in?

Since I'm in Michigan, United States and the headphones are in Sydney, Australia, I can only speak from how they're regarded on Head-Fi. I can say this, the Jaycar is identical to the Fischer FA-003 and Brainwavs HM5, two headphones that cost twice as much and are still regarded as amazing deals.For $50, these are said to be one of the best deals out there.

But the shipping is downright treacherous. It took two weeks for them to even get it out of their warehouse. SMH

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #2,606 of 3,047
Quote:

I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet (it's a tragedy, I know.) but they're a very neutral pair of headphones, so it's not going to be very boomy in the low-end, but will be more punchy.
Yes! One of my favorite parts of the headphone.

Awesome! Would you say they are well worth the $50 when burned in?

I would say that they would be well worth it at $200 (what I paid for my used FA-003) provided that one likes their sound sig

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #2,607 of 3,047
As soon as I know what shipping would cost to the Netherlands and how long it would take to get them I am buying a pair (does anyone happen to know this?). I have no idea how the FA-003 sounds but seen from the reviews they seem decent to say the least. As people are saying that these two headphones are more or less identical with regards to the sound I am willing to take the $50 gamble. Plus the detachable cord does it for me. I have had more than enough problems with broken cords so replacing will finally be fast and easy instead of soldering till infinity. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #2,608 of 3,047
Quote:
As soon as I know what shipping would cost to the Netherlands and how long it would take to get them I am buying a pair (does anyone happen to know this?). I have no idea how the FA-003 sounds but seen from the reviews they seem decent to say the least. As people are saying that these two headphones are more or less identical with regards to the sound I am willing to take the $50 gamble. Plus the detachable cord does it for me. I have had more than enough problems with broken cords so replacing will finally be fast and easy instead of soldering till infinity. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Jaycar wants customers from the Netherlands to go through their Australian website, which charges $80+$25 for international shipping for the headphone. You may have better luck looking for the Lindy Premium Hi-Fi, which is the same as the Jaycars/Brainwavs/Fischer's. They all come from a factory in Taiwan called Yoga, and are all Yoga's CD-880 headphone, which the companies buy in bulk and re-sell.

Edit: There's hope afterall! An American Head-Fi member, Night Crawler, is selling his Jaycars through the For Sale forum. He's OK with shipping internationally.

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,609 of 3,047
Ah damn, that is bad news. Thanks for the heads up. Checked Lindy's version but that is going to cost me approx the same as getting the headphones from Jaycar. Don't get why there is such a big difference in price on the Jaycar website, considering that the Netherlands is next to the UK. Well, except for additional profit that is. 

And another thanks for your edit, I pm´ed him :)

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #2,610 of 3,047
Yeah, it's almost here. Hopefully DHL Express ships on Saturday.

[size=xx-small]June 28, 2012[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]18:36[/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Sydney - Australia[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Shipment picked up [/size]
[size=xx-small]June 29, 2012[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]05:30[/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Sydney - Australia[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Processed at Sydney - Australia [/size]
[size=xx-small]June 29, 2012[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]08:43[/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Sydney - Australia[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Processed at Sydney - Australia [/size]
[size=xx-small]June 29, 2012[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]09:08[/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Sydney - Australia[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Departed from DHL facility in Sydney - Australia[/size]
[size=xx-small]June 29, 2012[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]10:52[/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Los Angeles-Gateway, CA - USA[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Arrived at DHL facility in Los Angeles-Gateway, CA - USA[/size]
[size=xx-small]June 29, 2012[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]11:03[/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Los Angeles-Gateway, CA - USA[/size] [size=xx-small] [/size] [size=xx-small]Clearance processing complete at Los Angeles-Gateway, CA - USA[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back