Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Jun 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2,611 of 3,047
Quote:
As soon as I know what shipping would cost to the Netherlands and how long it would take to get them I am buying a pair (does anyone happen to know this?). I have no idea how the FA-003 sounds but seen from the reviews they seem decent to say the least. As people are saying that these two headphones are more or less identical with regards to the sound I am willing to take the $50 gamble. Plus the detachable cord does it for me. I have had more than enough problems with broken cords so replacing will finally be fast and easy instead of soldering till infinity. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Jaycar wants customers from the Netherlands to go through their Australian website, which charges $80+$25 for international shipping for the headphone. You may have better luck looking for the Lindy Premium Hi-Fi, which is the same as the Jaycars/Brainwavs/Fischer's. They all come from a factory in Taiwan called Yoga, and are all Yoga's CD-880 headphone, which the companies buy in bulk and re-sell.

Edit: There's hope afterall! An American Head-Fi member, Night Crawler, is selling his Jaycars through the For Sale forum. He's OK with shipping internationally.

Strange with that shipping. Both the us and the uk site ships to Denmark. The uk price is £28 + £5 shipping and the us site is $50 + $20 shipping

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #2,612 of 3,047
Quote:
Strange with that shipping. Both the us and the uk site ships to Denmark. The uk price is £28 + £5 shipping and the us site is $50 + $20 shipping

Now I feel ripped off! LOL! 

Anyway, when I put the Netherlands into their country selector, it put me to the Australian website. Kinda funny for an Australian website to charge the most money in...Australia. 

Anyway, there's a "target" on the product page, which means that supplies are limited. Us head-fiers might wanna get to ordering rather quick.

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #2,613 of 3,047
I know, I emailed them about this issue this morning but I haven't heard back from them yet. Do you guys think they will still deliver if I were to order them from the UK website. They should right?

It makes indeed no sense to charge your 'home' country the most.

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #2,614 of 3,047
Well, when I went to the UK site and clicked "Buy Now" on the headphones, the only option for shipping was " POSTAGE UK PRICE BASED (Order under 5kg) 2-4 Weeks - UK". Not really the most descriptive, but it sounds like they're only shipping to the UK. On the Australian website, however, I got the option of " OVERSEAS SHIPPING (2-4 Weeks*) Ex - Australia"

They really need some better wording on this stuff.

Anyway, hope things work well with either Jaycar or Night Crawler. Fingers crossed! 

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2,615 of 3,047
I know, I emailed them about this issue this morning but I haven't heard back from them yet. Do you guys think they will still deliver if I were to order them from the UK website. They should right?

It makes indeed no sense to charge your 'home' country the most.

That price probably includes Australian inport duty and sales tax etc.

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #2,616 of 3,047
Quote:
Well, when I went to the UK site and clicked "Buy Now" on the headphones, the only option for shipping was " POSTAGE UK PRICE BASED (Order under 5kg) 2-4 Weeks - UK". Not really the most descriptive, but it sounds like they're only shipping to the UK. On the Australian website, however, I got the option of " OVERSEAS SHIPPING (2-4 Weeks*) Ex - Australia"

They really need some better wording on this stuff.

Anyway, hope things work well with either Jaycar or Night Crawler. Fingers crossed! 

That is exactely what I did. But if you continue to "Proceed to Checkout" (on the UK website) you have to fill in your delivery adress. This is where it gets confusing, as nc8000 said earlier, as I am able to select the country where I want the headphones to be delivered. From the many options I am able to select the Netherlands. Does this mean that they ship to the Netherlands from the UK website or not? Because the Australian website would make you believe you could only order internationally from the Australian website. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #2,617 of 3,047
They should ship. Just be aware that no matter what site you order from they are shipped from Australia so you could risk getting hit by import duties etc.

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #2,618 of 3,047
Quote:
They should ship. Just be aware that no matter what site you order from they are shipped from Australia so you could risk getting hit by import duties etc.

I unfortunately know that too well. But the import tax difference between something which costs 40 euros (through the UK website) or something which costs 90 euros (throught the Australian website) is big. I would much rather pay import taxes over the UK price than over the Australian price. I am going to try to get them shipped through the UK website, I will let you know how that plays out. Unless someone here has experience and knows that what I want to try is not going to work. Anyone? 

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #2,619 of 3,047
Quote:

I unfortunately know that too well. But the import tax difference between something which costs 40 euros (through the UK website) or something which costs 90 euros (throught the Australian website) is big. I would much rather pay import taxes over the UK price than over the Australian price. I am going to try to get them shipped through the UK website, I will let you know how that plays out. Unless someone here has experience and knows that what I want to try is not going to work. Anyone? 

I just ordered a pair through the UK website. If I encounter any issues/problems/whatsoever I will let you guys know. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #2,620 of 3,047
I ordered a pair (Jaycar) on Thursday through the UK website to Hungary. I got an automail notification on email about the payment, but there is silence since that.
Anyway the 5 pounds shipping cost is very very little. I found this at customer service / delivery :

"Delivery International:
Deliveries can be made to most countries.
Deliveries originate from the Mail Order Department in Sydney, Australia. An estimated price will be indicated during the checkout, however, this is charge is subject to change depending on the country the goods are to be sent to. A sales member will advise you by email if the delivery charge is not enough."

There is also a variant in the UK called Studiospares M1000. I went through the checkout but the shipping cost is 22 pounds to Hungary and the total with VAT is about 85 pounds. So it's nearly indentical with the Lindys price.

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #2,621 of 3,047
Quote:
I ordered a pair (Jaycar) on Thursday through the UK website to Hungary. I got an automail notification on email about the payment, but there is silence since that.
Anyway the 5 pounds shipping cost is very very little. I found this at customer service / delivery :

"Delivery International:
Deliveries can be made to most countries.
Deliveries originate from the Mail Order Department in Sydney, Australia. An estimated price will be indicated during the checkout, however, this is charge is subject to change depending on the country the goods are to be sent to. A sales member will advise you by email if the delivery charge is not enough."

There is also a variant in the UK called Studiospares M1000. I went through the checkout but the shipping cost is 22 pounds th Hungary and the total with VAT is about 85 pounds. So it's nearly indentical with the Lindys price.

Well, if no sales member has contacted you then you should be in the clear, right?

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #2,622 of 3,047
I absolutely love my Jaycar clones. What other headphones have a similar sound signature? I also have Sennheiser 448s and some partially modded Fostex. I like both but think they fall way short of the FA-003 family.

cubdog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back