Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #2,386 of 3,047
Question to those who bought the Jaycar version.   Does Jaycar send you a email notifying you when they ship/post items? I ordered mine 2 days ago and haven't received any emails regarding it. (Apart from the order confirmation) 

DHL sent me an email with the tracking number. Jaycar shipped mine 3 days after I ordered so give them a couple days. I'm sure since we validated these clones they must have been receiving more orders.

May 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,387 of 3,047
Appreciate the reply Ironsnake.

It's just that I expected them to arrive sooner as Jaycar have a distribution centre and a few stores in my country. So I thought they would of had them in stock locally, they're probably still being processed or getting them sourced from Australia then. 
Just a wee bit excited to try these out 
L3000.gif

May 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #2,388 of 3,047
They are identical, they're just OEM versions of FA-003s and HM5s.

Okay, after 24 hours I have to say that I really like these. They're quite comfortable, they use the same near-legendary ear pads as their siblings the FA-003s. Also, they come with a nice zippered case, detachable cable, 1/4" to 1/2" adapter, and a backup pair of those same awesome earpads.

Upper bass, mids, and highs up to ~8kHz are superb. Their sound signature is mostly neutral, leaning towards warm, but not nearly to the extent of FA-011s or HD650s. I'd call them a little relaxed, not dark. They also have a nice size soundstage for closed cans and isolation is quite good, inside and out. These are very good headphones for under $200, for $70 they're certifiably insane. If I'd bought FA-003s for $170 I'd be a little irritated.

If you're into EQ, bump 30Hz, 60Hz, and 8kHz up 3dB and you're in for a treat. They go from "very good" to "outstanding" and I'd put them up against anything under $300. Don't think, just buy them.

May 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #2,389 of 3,047
I ordered a pair of these from jaycar I opted to insure them. But it looks like I am the only one who did. I never ordered anything international. I am I just over paranoid? Looking that they are now 79.95 and 140 for hm5. So I guess either way pretty good deal.

I did not plan on getting them but at that price I could not resist and would probally regret not getting them. If I don't like them guess another friend will get a free pair of headphones.

May 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #2,390 of 3,047
Nope, you're not alone, I insured mine too. It was worth $2.50 since I'd never ordered from them before.

May 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2,391 of 3,047
Magick Man

What is it that is so great about the pads? They do look really soft from the pics. I read that they can go on the t50rp. If that's true that would make them cheeper since I wouldn't have to buy another set for them.

May 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2,393 of 3,047
Magick Man
What is it that is so great about the pads? They do look really soft from the pics. I read that they can go on the t50rp. If that's true that would make them cheeper since I wouldn't have to buy another set for them.

They're very comfortable and accommodating for people with big ears. They can go on the T50RP, but it's really tough to get them on, from what I've read. I use HiFiman pleather pads on my T50s and I'm very happy with them.

May 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #2,395 of 3,047
Quote:
They are identical, they're just OEM versions of FA-003s and HM5s.
Okay, after 24 hours I have to say that I really like these. They're quite comfortable, they use the same near-legendary ear pads as their siblings the FA-003s. Also, they come with a nice zippered case, detachable cable, 1/4" to 1/2" adapter, and a backup pair of those same awesome earpads.
Upper bass, mids, and highs up to ~8kHz are superb. Their sound signature is mostly neutral, leaning towards warm, but not nearly to the extent of FA-011s or HD650s. I'd call them a little relaxed, not dark. They also have a nice size soundstage for closed cans and isolation is quite good, inside and out. These are very good headphones for under $200, for $70 they're certifiably insane. If I'd bought FA-003s for $170 I'd be a little irritated.
If you're into EQ, bump 30Hz, 60Hz, and 8kHz up 3dB and you're in for a treat. They go from "very good" to "outstanding" and I'd put them up against anything under $300. Don't think, just buy them.

Great review. Sounds just like my preferences. BTW I also insured mine.

May 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #2,400 of 3,047
The ones that came with my FA003 are leather and not anything synthetic. I have done the lighter test and they sweated rather than burn a hole

Users who are viewing this thread

Back