Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Oct 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #2,072 of 3,047

Quote:
like too many but's and trying to find the "correct" words just does not mesh well. Usually I can tell in just a few minutes if the headphones is going to be good or not.

that, sir, is called premonotions and you might want to work with the local  police to help solve crimes and stuff.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #2,073 of 3,047
Ahh, perhaps it might be the ipod touch then. I doubt it's the music files itself, because my collection of 320 mp3 and flac files are from a variety of genres, but my ears always ache after a while. Maybe i'll try burning them in and see how the sound evolves from there. Also, are there better sources out there than the iPod?

Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried a different source? Now, I love my Ipod Touch but it made many of my headphones brighter and more fatiguing than they should be. I noticed this with the K702 and the D2000. They say the Ipod Touch is supposed to be neutral, but I don't know about that.

My docked Ipod Touch might be good for something like the HD-600
normal_smile%20.gif

EDIT: Yes, some tracks are painfully bright and harsh no matter what. It's just the recording, but a good headphone shouldn't make it worse than it already is. Some are good at taming these tracks. HD-600 was one of them.

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2,075 of 3,047
d2000 doesnt isolate tat well...the movie your wife is playing will kill the d2000.
deadhorse.gif

but the rumblingbass sets me fumbling for it most nights.
the jdollarpads fixed the isolation issue quite well...and focused the bass a notch.
sonically up the down the scale i didnt hear weakness that concerns me.
tongue.gif

d2000 is quite "space-y" sounding actually becos of a slightly recessed mids..but thats what i like about it.
it is not as hallish as the 003 ( like listening up out of a well, or cave when i first slapped the 003 russian muff on 
tongue_smile.gif
 )
...the main reason y the 003 was sold...my taste in music...i like wide deep spacious music..
avatar, dances with wolfs...lost in africa...lost in washington...batman...all those jack nickolas epics...
evil_smiley.gif

Tot i seen a few of his posts/poses here..lol.
anyway...HELLO THERE NICK!!! i LOVE YOUR SHOWS!!!
beerchug.gif

that said, 
i slept in bed with the 003 many nights, it just disappears and the music suckkked me into that tunnelling slumber ever so often.
hypnotic this 003, a strange can indeed...just my own impressions...hold all the stones..thank u.
gs1000.gif

...err....i meant to type..jack nicolson...not the golfer.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #2,076 of 3,047
Woah, the FA 006 looks like a champ. Look at that build quality. I hope fischer's business takes off with headphones like these, because that is a wonderful (as in you've made a product that certainly looks of high genuine quality) under $100.00. I will read that review as I'm convinced already by the quality of the product I see before me.

Fischer, good job.

Oct 26, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #2,077 of 3,047
i am a liking the ROUND BROWN saucer already....
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #2,078 of 3,047
I ordered the 006 last week (they're sitting at a DHL shipping hub in Cincy, at the moment).  Can't wait to hear them.  LFF had some very nice things to say about them.. I'm looking forward to his review.

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2,079 of 3,047

Quote:
May be just me, but it seems LFF describing the cans like that gives a negative connotation. Kinda depresses me if that is true..

See below...

Quote:
like too many but's and trying to find the "correct" words just does not mesh well. Usually I can tell in just a few minutes if the headphones is going to be good or not.

How about you just wait for my review....
wink_face.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #2,080 of 3,047
lets just pull the trigger$$ to avoid the stampede n stockout after yur review....enough hints droppppped already..

wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back