Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Apr 4, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #1,441 of 3,047
Quote:
If the LCD-2s are anything like the Stax Omega IIs I sampled a while back, I can only imagine. The FAs aren't in that league, by any stretch of the imagination. I am not personally looking to open that "Pandora's Box" until I have the money to "blow". That is probably what I would consider to be my "final" HP purchase one day (something in the planar genre.) Congrats!

Instead of the planar route (almost nabbed HE-5LE) I went electrostat, so my Fischer's will be up for sale soon as well. For what it is worth, they did stand the test of time (for my tastes) versus some other nice cans like the PRO 750 and HD580 though. The FA-003 and K501 were the two I reached for when it was time to enjoy music. I really like these, but will be passing them along to the next interested person.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,442 of 3,047

Quote:

Instead of the planar route (almost nabbed HE-5LE) I went electrostat, so my Fischer's will be up for sale soon as well. For what it is worth, they did stand the test of time (for my tastes) versus some other nice cans like the PRO 750 and HD580 though. The FA-003 and K501 were the two I reached for when it was time to enjoy music. I really like these, but will be passing them along to the next interested person.

Nice man! So you went with the Stax? Btw I got my jvc's today! They sound positively eargasmic!

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #1,443 of 3,047
lol...i dun even know wats the diff betw a planar vs electrostat sound...treal..way to go man!!!
beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #1,445 of 3,047

Quote:
Would like to put in a word after 2 months of use... still AWESOME cans.  They're just right on every track to my ears.  Can't stop listening to music on these.

Nice to hear your update! That's what it's all about! Nothing better than finding a set of cans that really work for you.

I am enjoying mine too...

Apr 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #1,452 of 3,047

Quote:
Loving these phones :D I always lose track of time when i wear them although they somehow feel heavy and hot on my head after awhile..hehe XD probably should switch to the velour pads

The weight, with wood cups, bothers me a bit, too.  If anyone is interested in a set of Beech cups, already modded to fit, let me know.

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #1,454 of 3,047
It's just a shame those wood cups look so ridiculously large.. Haha.. Pretty much the only reason I'm nit wearing them out in public everyday is their looks.(don wanna attract unwanted attention xD might get harassed or beaten up or smth..haha)

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,455 of 3,047
yea. thats why i sold it... i needed a home/portable.. so i just got a smaller one TMA-1 but the sound is so much different.. ill miss the soundstage of fa-003 :\ but if u want a portable that sounds similarbut not as good as fa003 would be fa004 and dba02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back