Review: Fiio E7
Dec 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #526 of 548

Quote:
Is there any LOD for the iRiver spinn? To use the DAC of the E7? Will there be any difference? (I'm quite noob in these matters so sorry if the question is dumb) :).

Spinn doesn't support line-out, as far as I know.

Quote:
Anyone have problems with the dac only operating one channel when used as a dac in windows 7?

I can just about hear the other channel, but it's way off.

Have you plug the mini plug all the way it? Generally if one channel goes back, the other channel will likely go bad as well. Also, try this - push the plug in, turn it 180 degree than unplug, repeat for a minute or two to see if anything improves.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #529 of 548

Quote:
well, no one's heard the combo yet (well I guess CLIOS is listening to it now) so no one knows but I'm sure it'll be good - esp at that price point.

I listened to the combo for a short while. Basically it is a very obvious upgrade going from E7 + E9 to E17 + E9. The later sounds much more refined and detail. Of course you won't get more power since it is still the same E9 that is driving the headphone.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #530 of 548

Quote:
I listened to the combo for a short while. Basically it is a very obvious upgrade going from E7 + E9 to E17 + E9. The later sounds much more refined and detail. Of course you won't get more power since it is still the same E9 that is driving the headphone.

How much of an upgrade is the E17 over the E10 in your opinion? (I think they have different DAC chips, though I could be wrong). 

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #531 of 548

Quote:
How much of an upgrade is the E17 over the E10 in your opinion? (I think they have different DAC chips, though I could be wrong). 

They have the same DAC and USB receiver, so the DAC section sound very similar. If used mainly as a desktop amp, I'll say E10 makes a better bang of the buck even though I do find E17 to be a little better sounding. It is just that E10 is almost half the price of E17. But taking all the features into account, and the fact that E17 can be used portably. I will say E17 makes a very good upgrade over E10 as an all-in-one solution.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #532 of 548

Quote:
They have the same DAC and USB receiver, so the DAC section sound very similar. If used mainly as a desktop amp, I'll say E10 makes a better bang of the buck even though I do find E17 to be a little better sounding. It is just that E10 is almost half the price of E17. But taking all the features into account, and the fact that E17 can be used portably. I will say E17 makes a very good upgrade over E10 as an all-in-one solution.

Thanks. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #534 of 548

Quote:
Im getting an e7 in a few days and the Shure SRH940 in a few days after eachother. How well will the go together?

Did you get both products?  What are your impressions?  

I have the 940s and was tempted to get the E7 to pair with them.

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #535 of 548

Quote:
Did you get both products?  What are your impressions?  

I have the 940s and was tempted to get the E7 to pair with them.

Thanks!

if you have the 940s, to get the best sound quality they are capable of producing, you will need to look a bit higher than the E7....Heart Streamer, Schitt, and the various tube amps would probably be good choices.

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #536 of 548

Quote:

if you have the 940s, to get the best sound quality they are capable of producing, you will need to look a bit higher than the E7....Heart Streamer, Schitt, and the various tube amps would probably be good choices.

Yeah, I'm looking at the E17 and HUD-MX1 right now.

Another possibility is the HRT MSII for now, and then add a decent amp down the road when I can afford it.  I got the DT880 250ohms recently, though, so the amp/dac will be mostly for them.  My 940s have become my travel/work phones.

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #537 of 548
Anyone care to comment on how big (if any) of an improvement this would be over the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro? Been using that for a year, and it is an improvement over my work laptop's onboard sound. The E7 is only $58 from Amazon right now, so was thinking about it as a step up from the Turtle Beach.

Is it worth buying as an upgrade to the TB? I have UE700s, PortaPros, and Skullcandy Aviators. I also only listen to music via Spotify (I have Premium so High Quality streaming). So that may also be a limiting factor, not sure. Maybe the TB brings about as much as you can out of streamed music?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #539 of 548
Quick question! I ordered an E7, and i want to use it with my iPhone 3GS for portable. the iPhone is in an otterbox defender, and although i like the sleekness of the FiiO L9, i've heard it doesnt fit the otterbox. Is this the case, or will I have to go with a FiiO L1????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back