Review: Fiio E7
Aug 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #61 of 548
The E7 do sound great, it's such a pity that it cannot be used as a DAC with an iPod like it can be with the iPad. 
triportsad.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #62 of 548
how do i completely remove all (asio) drivers for the e7? i swear i uninstalled the one i downloaded (propagamma driver) but it still beeps when i plug in the e7, so i'm guessing there are still traces of it

is there anyway for some e7 user to extract the driver they are using for the e7 and e-mail it to me?? it's the 2nd day i still can't use my e7 properly T___T

when i plug my e7 now, windows 7 says installing driver "burr-brown usb audio codec 2706 (commercial 2.8.4.0) installed"
is this the correct driver? (sometimes it beeps but doesn't play any sound from the computer, and sometimes it doesn't even appear as a sound device or make any sound & beeps) something feels very wrong, do i need to repair my win7 ?
triportsad.gif
i might be in the wrong forum for this now lol

Quote:
Pretty sure it is your Windows 7. I have no problem using my E7 on my brother Dell XPS (Windows 7, 64bits as well). It did pop up at first connect saying there is no driver for it, but it then went online automatically searching for drivers. After it downloaded and installed two drivers by itself (one for USB DAC and another for USB input), I can play music on the E7 just fine.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #63 of 548
Go to your device manage (control panel, under hardware, second row on the right) and you should find the E7 under the 'sound controller' or something similar. double click on it and you should be able to uninstall the driver inside one of the tab., then unplug and E7 and replug it in.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #64 of 548
thanks clieos, i did exactly what you said

now when i connect, windows 7 makes the sound to let me know something has connected but no balloon/pop-up msg saying installing driver or anything like that, also under device manager it comes up as "Audio device on USB bus" with a caution sign, under the "other devices" category.

i also tried to "update driver" and "search automatically" but i get the msg "Windows was unable to install your Audio device on USB bus"

if no one is having this issue, i'm starting to think my windows is stuffed. however if someone can supply me with the correct windows 7 64bit driver for the e7, i can manually install the driver and should be able to get this working. i don't understand why it's not on their website in the first place. plug and play is nice but it should be there as a backup.

Quote:
Go to your device manage (control panel, under hardware, second row on the right) and you should find the E7 under the 'sound controller' or something similar. double click on it and you should be able to uninstall the driver inside one of the tab., then unplug and E7 and replug it in.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #65 of 548
-- accidental double post

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #67 of 548

hi hhforever

i have tried that, didn't make any difference. it can't seem to find the driver. this is the first time windows 7 on my laptop gave me any kind of trouble, i've been saying to everyone how great and solid win7 is but now that opinion has completely changed
angry_face.gif

Quote:
Hi beck13,

I am also using win7 proffesional 64 bits, didnt face this problem though. Maybe why dun u try uninstall the driver again and change the USB port u are using.

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #68 of 548
I don't suppose that you've considered the unconsiderable possibilty that the DAC chip might be defective? It happens, and USB devices have a habit of just exploding for no reason sometimes. That's often the case when Windows shows things as unrecognised devives. Or it might be that you uninstalling the drivers spooked it a little and now it's scared to retrieve them again.

This might be a stupid question, but did you restart your system before plugging the E7 back in again after killing the drivers? It's the oldest trick in the book, but it might help.

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #69 of 548
thanks for all the input guys... but i did the ultimate move... full format re-install everything - it works now! so my super solid windows 7 install had something wrong with it, i have no idea what why and how but now you know if you have the same issues as me, just format & re-install windows. not upgrade or repair! i tried those, did nothing. i seriously would love to know what exactly happened but i guess we'll never know

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #70 of 548
I'm interested in this E7, but I just have a question after having read the feedbacks :

- Would it be a great enhancement for an Ultrasone HFI 780, with FLAC/ALAC files on an iPhone 4 ?

I don't want to enhance bass, the HFI are already good enough for that, I just need to have a more detailed sound without having the sound at its maximum to hear these details.

Thanks a lot for advices/answers, don't hesitate to give me the link if there's already a post :)

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #71 of 548
Reviwe for E7:

I used FiiO E7 with Monster Beat Tour and Grado SR 225, connect to my computer.

E7 gave a great performance, cleary sound,nice soundstage, I love its Bass. it can boost for 3 steps.

compared with iBasso D2 ;

iBasso+Monster give a little sweeter sound than E7.
But for Grado SR 225 ,I love to use with E7 more.it Bass is cleary than use with D2.

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #72 of 548
I use my E7 for both headphones and my new Logitech 2.1 speaker setup. Absolutely in love with the E7.

It was a godsend especially hooked up to my netbook.

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #73 of 548
for $71, should i pull triger on an e7 if im in need for a sound card and amp for pc and laptop. i have ath-m50, ath-es5, and jvc fxc50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back